I

I

A Chapter by Enmimundo

" You want to see crazy?" He shouted. His face red, jaw clenched, blue eyes wild. Chuck wondered when her Prince Charming look alike turned into the maniac in front of her.

"Please..." She tried to claw at his face. "Jason...I can't...." His face got redder as he applied more pressure to the grip he had around her throat.

"This is what you want." He cried. "You want me to be this person."

"Jason...please... I can't brea-" 





"Excuse me..."  Chuck remembered perfectly well the night her ex-boyfriend tried to kill her. One of many if I may add. She remembered the way his large hands felt around her neck, the way his hot tears felt as they rained from his face to hers, the way he forced small wet kisses around her lips. What she remembered the most was the part that she couldn't bare to relive even in a nightmare, the loss of air, the world around her fading in and out of reality and a white blank space,the panic of trying to plead for her life,but not having enough air to make a sound. "Excuse me..." The voice crept into her dream yet again.A voice she didn't recognize nor remember. Soft. Male. "Excuse me." Once more,more forcefully with a small shake that made her bolt upright and off the luxury Egyptian cotton sheets. She gasped for air. Her hand instinctively at her throat.

It was just a dream. I was sleeping. I was sleeping...in someone's bed

Too many thoughts all at once. She shook her head trying to clear her still sleepy brain. "Am I going to have to call  security He asked with a British accent.

"No!" Chuck blurted. "I'm so sorry-"

"I can't believe the whole dress up as the help actually got you in my room. I'll really need to have a chat with the hotel. Letting fans run wild. So what is it?" He exhaled running his hands through his perfectly messy dirty blonde hair. The trace of  five o'clock shadow and sunken eyes made him look just as tired as she felt- which said a lot since she'd been surviving off cat naps in random places for a week now. "What do you want me to sign?"


"Nothing.I'm sorry." She rushed her words not allowing him to cut in. " I really do work here." She shrugged and patted her powder blue button down maid's dress. "Please don't get me in trouble. My job is all I have. I have no reason to lie to you nor do I want anything from you, so I'll just level with you okay?okay. I'm going through a really rough time and I'm kind of sort of homeless at the moment. I've been cleaning up after you  for almost a year now. I know you check in every Friday and leave Monday. I know today is Thursday and I don't know why you're here early, but I just thought this would be a safe place to sleep. I'm sorry." She breathlessly hung her head in shame. "Look." she pressed the sheets "All fine.I'll just get you some new towels because I may have used your shower and I'll be on my way like nothing happened." She offered him a smile and hurried out of the room.
Owen was dumbfounded; unsure if he should believe her, and if he did, how should he feel.He stood speechless as she buzzed around him organizing and perfecting his usual penthouse over looking the Las Vegas strip. He had to give it to her for crashing in one of the most expensive hotel rooms in the city with out any one noticing."I came in early for soundcheck." was all he found himself saying." The club is adding some new equipment so I may have guest DJs sometimes." He went on as she exited the bedroom to the living area. For towels he assumed. Truth was he had been a resident DJ at the top club in  Vegas or a year now and had started to get bored. He made his way to the walk in closet. Everything seemed just as he had left it; shirts arranged by color, blazers dry cleaned and hung. I've been cleaning your room for a year now. Her voice rang in his head. Owen couldn't help but wonder if she was behind all this. Was she really the one to fold his shirts, make his bed.... As he slid his long torso out of his shirt and into a fresh white V neck his mind wondered to the times hes had in this room and the messes hes left behind- the parties, the models, the bottles. He tried to recall of anytime he hadn't properly disposed of a used condom feeling badly for the girl in the maid's dress, but thankfully couldn't think of leaving such hideousness for her. That would've been awkward he though. "Hey. I was thinking, " he made his way out to the living room as he spoke. The high ceilings carried his voice  through the penthouse. "if you really need somewhere to go-" he stopped once in the livingroom. The hotel room was empty. A stack of white towels on the granite counter top.She was gone.


© 2015 Enmimundo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015
Tags: love, djing, chicklit, edm


Author

Enmimundo
Enmimundo

NV



About
I'm a girl. I like girl things. more..

Writing