12:07 am....A Horror Short

12:07 am....A Horror Short

A Story by K. Barrios
"

Poor little Amy...

"

 8:06pm

Little Amy is in her powder pink blanket waiting for her mom to tuck her in. Today's her first day sleeping in her new room all by herself. Usually she'll sleep with her little brother but her mom has decided that Amy must sleep on her own.

"She is six, you know?" Her mom was talking to her dad late one evening. "I think it's time she outta learn to be on her own, even if we just start out by giving her the responsibility of her own room."

As this memory replays on in her head, Little Amy is unable to sit still. Her little body is pumped with excitement. Her mom opens the door, comes in and realizing Little Amy was awake, she smiles and asks, "Hey. What are you doing up?"

"I was waiting for you mommy. I want a bedtime story."

"It's late, honey."

"Please, mommy?"

Her mom gives up and pulls out a book from her shelf and reads to her until she is fast asleep.


10:52pm

Little Amy wakes up from a nightmare. She wants to wake daddy and mommy but thinks they will be disappointed in her, so she doesn't say a word. It's the same nightmare she's had ever since she found out she was going to be sleeping alone.

In her dream, she hears nothing but a dead silence. She turns to her clock to see that it's 12:07 at midnight. She hears her closet door opening. Then everything is still. The only sound she hears in her dream is of her own heavy breathing. Her clock still reads 12:07. She starts to get heavy and sleepy, but right when she is about to doze off, something behind her says, "Welcome, Little Amy. Welcome to my room."


12:06am

It seemed so real to her. She is sweating and has goose bumps all over her arm. She hasn't slept yet and she doesn't think she can anymore. She looks at her clock. 12:07.

"At least it was a dream," she says to herself.

Then she hears the closet door open.

 Silence.

Heavy breathing.

 Footsteps.

Then silence again.

"Little Amy..."

© 2014 K. Barrios


Author's Note

K. Barrios
So this is something to start off with. I don't know if its any good, though. Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this story has definite potential! I think if you had a bit more descriptive writing, it could creep the readers out more! I even think that if you wanted to, you could turn it into a book, taking it to a whole other level! Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great job on the first part, up until 12:06am I absolutely adored it! The end I would've done a little bit differently but, hey, it's not my story. ^-^

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, seriously, this short story has some potential. And that voice...shudders...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

K. Barrios

9 Years Ago

Thank u so much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2014
Last Updated on March 20, 2014

Author

K. Barrios
K. Barrios

Pasadena, CA



About
I am currently attending high school. My teachers, the staff and the principal usually know me because of the poems i write. One of my teachers recommended me to publish my writing and she suggested t.. more..

Writing