Matz Has Good Outing

Matz Has Good Outing

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

A recap of yesterday's Toronto/Texas game.

"
The Toronto Blue Jays defeated the Texas Rangers 6-2 yesterday, thanks to the fantastic pitching of Steven Matz.
Matz went 6.1 innings, allowing just two hits, an earned run, a walk, and struck out nine batters.
Jay's manager, Charlie Montoyo had nothing, but praise for Matz after the game.
"Pitching and defence wins games in the major league's," said Montoyo at the postgame press conference.

Steven Matz

Vladmir Guerrero Jr. put the Jays up 1-0 at the top of the first inning, driving in Cavan Biggio with a single.
At the top of the second inning, Marcus Semien hit a two run homer.
Later in the inning, Biggio put the Jays ahead 4-0 with a solo home run.
Texas got their first run in the bottom of the fourth inning when Nate Lowe drove in Isiah Kiner-Falefa with a single.
Randal Grichuk drove in Guerrero Jr. at the top of the sixth inning.
Toronto went ahead 6-1 at the top of the seventh inning when Biggio scored on an error.
Brock Holt drove in Nick Solak with a double in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Semien went two for five at the plate and had two RBIs.
Kiner-Falefa went two for four at the plate.
Texas's starting pitcher, Mike Foltynewcz went four innings, allowing four hits, four earned runs, three walks, and struck out seven batters.
Toronto plays the Rangers again tonight.

© 2021 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on April 6, 2021
Last Updated on April 6, 2021
Tags: MLB, Blue Jays, Rangers

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing