Jays Lose First Series Of The Season

Jays Lose First Series Of The Season

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

a recap of yesterday's Toronto/Texas Game Three

"
The Toronto Blue Jays lost their first series of the season, losing to the Texas Rangers yesterday 2-1.
Despite the lack of offence in the last two games, Jay's manager, Charlie Montoyo was not discourage.
"I believe we're going get hot pretty soon," said Montoyo at the postgame press conference.
Montoyo also said that he was happy with yesterday's pitching and defence.
Nick Solak kicked things off in the bottom of the second inning for the Rangers with a solo home run.
Texas went up 2-0 when Leody Taveras drove in Jose Trevino with a single.
The Jays got their lone run at the top of the eighth inning when Marcus Semien hit a solo home run.
Taveras went 1 for 3 at the plate and had a RBI.
Ranger's starting pitcher, Kyle Gibson went six innings, allowing six hits, no earned runs, a walk, and struck out eight batters.

Kyle Gibson.

Semien went two for three at the plate and had a RBI.

Toronto's starting pitcher, Hyun-Jin Ryu went seven innings, allowing seven hits, two earned runs, no walks, and struck out seven batters.

The Jays have their home opener tonight against the Los Angeles Angels.

© 2021 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on April 8, 2021
Last Updated on April 8, 2021
Tags: mLB, Blue Jays, Rangers

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing