Fletcher Ruins Jay's Home Opener

Fletcher Ruins Jay's Home Opener

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

A recap of last night's Los Angeles Angels/Toronto Game One.

"
Los Angeles Angel's David Fletcher put a damper on the Toronto Blue Jay's home opener in Dunedin, Florida last night as he hit a two run single in the 11th inning to give his team the 7-5 victory.
At the top of the first inning, Anthony Rendon drove in Mike Trout to put the Angels ahead 1-0
Teoscar Hernandez drove in Cavan Biggio with a single to tie the game.
Later in the first, Vladmir Guerrero Jr. hit a two run homer to put the Jays ahead 3-1. 
The Angels quickly tied the game at the top of second inning.
First, Jose Iglesias drove in Justin Upton with a double.
Then, David Fletcher drove in Iglesias with a double.
At the top of the fifth inning, Trout hit a solo home run to put the Angels up 4-3.
In the bottom of the sixth inning, Biggio tied the game with a solo home run.
Later in the sixth, Guerrero Jr. drove in Bo Bichette with a single.
Guerrero Jr. went two for four at the plate and had three RBIs.
At the top of the seventh inning, the Angels tied the game 5-5 when Shohei Ohtani drove in Dexter Fowler with a single.
At the top of the 11th inning, Fletcher drove in Iglesias and Upton for the win.
Fletcher went two for six and had three RBIs.

David Fletcher

Angel's starting pitcher, Griffin Canning went 5.1 innings, allowing three hits, four earned runs, a walk, and struck out seven batters.

Toronto's starting pitcher, Ross Stripling went five innings, allowing six hits, four earned runs, a walk, and struck out five batters.

Toronto continues their four game home series with the Angels tonight.

© 2021 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reads like a report. If you want to do sports reporting you need to study the techniques of journalism.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
1 Review
Added on April 9, 2021
Last Updated on April 9, 2021
Tags: MLB, Blue Jays, Angels

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing