Day interview with J.R Amora (PART 1)

Day interview with J.R Amora (PART 1)

A Story by Erica Delarossa


A bit about him before the main interview.
         

      Jeffrey Amora, former singer of Malaysia's grunge band "The Butterfingers" mostly known for his carbon copy of Kurt Cobain's voice and his influence over youth in modern underground music movement. In early 2002 young sixteen years old dropped out from school Amora was responsible for the grunge in local movement when he regularly called out his band 'Leopard Grunge Dayz' to performed in several opening gigs for such legendary national rock band like "XPDC, Wings, Search and May". From that day on he and his band was recognized as a band that broke the tradition of most musicians in Malaysia and been considered as Black Sheep of music scene which Amora replied that was his main intention supported by some cult fans of him, he once declared that he severed some ties with traditions because he was influenced by western band such as 'Nirvana', 'Creed', 'Rolling Stones', 'Smashing Pumpkins' and 'Alice In Chain'.
'Butterfingers' eventually formed at 2004 after Amora lost to Logue (the lead guitarist) in their guitar duel which Amora admitted his defeat and his bet thus lead to his acceptance to be part of 'Logue's Tail' (Before the name Butterfingers been used).  After three albums produced by him and his band (excluded 'Malayneum' which only had him for a couple of songs) Jeffrey announced his retirement in one radio station 'Hot FM' stated that he's too tired of touring and his issues with over usage of alcoholic drinks and drugs made him pushed himself to a stage of over depressions and blood vomiting. He once stated to the radio "It's clearly that I've grown old and tired with band and stuff, I'm like an old man trying to wield a sword which I could not longer carry" before he breaks the silence with "Plus, there's someone I really wanted to spend my time with, she clearly supportive of me and my band but I know deep inside she doesn't want me to keeps on pushing myself to beyond limit which I always do and it's terribly affecting my health. So I'm retiring now and ever for me to be able to be with her in most times I can buy.". The radio interview closed with his dark sarcastic joke that sounded "It's funny that some people still remembered me as a person that brought grunge to life in Malaysia and then kill them now but I think they should be grateful because at least I kill these genre with me in such 'romantic' way rather than shooting my head with a gun".

Jeffrey Amora is now currently working as a composer in musical score for horror theatres near South Lake, Kuala Lumpur.

© 2011 Erica Delarossa


Author's Note

Erica Delarossa
Tell me what do you think lol and if you want to know who's Jeff Amora he's my uncle and you can spot him in my friend's list

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wtf???

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on March 26, 2011
Last Updated on March 26, 2011

Author

Erica Delarossa
Erica Delarossa

Putrajaya, Selangor, Malaysia



About
I used to be here before using my aunt's profile but that profile sucks a*s because my aunt was a jerk wow!! Okay, okay now about me. I love a lot of things, I love to hang out at the mall window shop.. more..

Writing