The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse

A Poem by Erik Daniel
"

Your life is a lighthouse. Shine your light!

"
There once was a lighthouse down by the sea.
It stood there like beacon leading lost ships to safety.

It had a firm foundation that was built upon a rock.
And stood there strong like cement block.

When the storms would get strong and crash against it.
It would stand there strong and would not move, no not even a little bit.

And when day turned into night and the sailor lost his ability to see.
Getting to land seemed hopeless and there was no good way out of this darkness that the sailor could conceive.

The sailor did his best to control his ship, but eventually realized that he couldn't, so he fell on his knees; ready to quit.
He buried his face in his hands and began to cry, for surely he was going to die.

And just as the sailor was about to give up, out of the darkness a light did shine.
The sailor looked up and felt his hope return because when he saw the light he knew he would make it out of this alive.

The sailor arose and took charge of his ship;"I will make it out of this alive!" he swore.
He followed that celestial light until his ship made it ashore.
And for the first time, he felt his hope restored.

Now the lighthouse is you and the sea is the world.
The sailor is a lost soul and the ship is his life.
And last but not least, the shore is God's unfailing love.

You are a lighthouse with a firm foundation upon a rock.
The world is strong and crashes against you, and that will never stop
But you can resist it and stand strong in your faith like a concrete block.
You can shine your light in the darkness to lead lost souls in their walk.
And maybe that lost soul will follow your light to the shore and find that love that they have always been looking for.


© 2014 Erik Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so beautiful!! Such a good analogy!! It goes perfectly with the song 'My Lighthouse' by Rend Collective! Fantastic job!!!! :) :) :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

9 Years Ago

That is an awesome song! Thank you!
AHHH. This... I have no words. We can all be a lighthouse in the storm.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Amen. Thanks for the review.
I really liked the style in this one , its like you're telling a bedtime story or an old fairy tale.
I don't know if you meant for that haha
Its a really smooth poem, great job bro!
Keep preaching Jesus!


Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Means a lot! This one and Oh Savior, My Savior are my favorites that I have done.
max_vonnegut

10 Years Ago

Yeah that one is pretty legit.
Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Haha thanks. I love sharing my past also. Thats what a lot of my other ones talk about.
^^ Me likes this, It reminds me of a song that my pastor sings called "The Lighthouse" I do believe, it is such a pretty song ^^ Anyway I like your story here, and yes we can be a lighthouse with a firm foundation if God's love is in our hearts.

Good Job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

10 Years Ago

You're welcome ^^
Beautiful story...reminding us of one important thing Christ told us to do on earth..."Reconciliation of the body of Christ." Spreading God's hope,love and forgiveness through the light He has bestowed upon us,His children...lovely piece....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thanks! This poem is my favorite of mine. Glad you liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
5 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014
Tags: God, Hope, Strength

Author

Erik Daniel
Erik Daniel

Waterloo, IA



About
I've been using writing as an outlet for the stress and anger of life since I was a kid. More just freestyle or creative writing than anything. I let my feelings guide me more..

Writing
Strength Strength

A Poem by Erik Daniel


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Erik Daniel


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Erik Daniel