Disappointed

Disappointed

A Poem by ~Wandering Soul~
"

I got my marks back for my HSC and my parents thought I could have done better, they even told me it was a kick in the guts and i had disappointed them

"

I can deal with the yelling
the anger and tears
I can deal with the pain
of sharing my fears

 

But there is a hollowness
I now feel inside
Like a drawing of energy
Like the retreat of the tide

 

There can be no redemption
no changing of the past
No cure to this hollow ache
For how long can this last?

 

It leaves me empty of life
Just to hear it when you say

How I left you so full
of disappointment today.

© 2008 ~Wandering Soul~


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

this is a heartbreaking piece. it struck a chord in me. its always the worst feeling in the world to feel as if you've disappointed someone you love, someone who loves you. great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pj
Rach- I so get this (we went through it together lol) and I know how your parents are because you've told me before and I've seen the pain in your eyes. But it's like what my mum tells me- You only have to please yourself and be comfortable! Plus you have to reflect and say to yourself: I did the best I could in those circumstances. You balanced St. John's, School, a job, Friends and a Boyfriend- that's a whole lot. So take deep breaths and know that your parents love you regardless of the mark and keep smiling because you have the right to be proud of your mark!!! So many people don't even make it this far!!! Next time tell your parents to lay off- you don't need their Sh*t (sorry- I get real narky when parents push too hard).

Great poem and might I suggest; show this to your parents. They need to understand the trauma they're causing when they're trying to 'help' you attain higher.

Love you lil one xx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very good. kind of reminds me of that song "perfect" by alanis morrisette. don't worry, i feel ya in this. my parents could e controlling growing up, and i saw them really hard on my brother for not bringing home a's etc. it all passes in time. sometimes they are just trying to help you out. you may even thank them when you get oler and realize you push yourslef to do higher things. i think it's great you have the gift of writing, to get all your emotions out in a healthy way. i am thankful for it too.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The guilt trip parents will get reading this will make them think twice about the supposed consequence.

It actually makes a great hallmark card.

Great form, great fundamentals.

A wonderful piece

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do you know how many brilliant people just dropped out of school? Many! I know it must hurt, but your life is not done ,yet. They only want the best for you, but sometimes they don't know what really is best. Stay strong. I'm sorry you hurt. You are a caring person. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2008
Last Updated on December 19, 2008

Author

~Wandering Soul~
~Wandering Soul~

Australia



About
I'm a 20 year old girl from Australia who has always had a passion for writing. It's my way of explaining things that I can't put to words - I write. I'm studying nursing at the moment so that in a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..