"My Childhood friend"

"My Childhood friend"

A Story by Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy
"

A true to life story lol (>_<)

"

Dear Diary,

 

I was 6 years old when I met my first childhood friend it was summer, ongoing first grade in elementary; we were together ever since I can start remembering the events of my life. Since were both lonely kids and were not allowed to go outside the gate of our house we end up having each other’s company. We'd  played together, laughed at silly stuffs together, being scolded together (though I was the only one who gets the spanks all the  time), we were together most of the time within the whole fun day, then by the end of the day I'll be most likely look forward to the fun that I will have by tomorrow.

 

 

 He's smart, good at everything he do, quiet, with good manners and right conduct, as my grandmother always says.  I really did envy him for the good brains he have, yet at the same time, I'm also proud of him due to that. I even bragged about him to my classmates, that I have such a big brother like him (well, I lied were not even siblings. *laughs*).

 

 

 

Moreover, by those times was the first time I ever felt jealousy and possessiveness, since there was this, incident that a frigging girl appear in our fun life.

 

 

 

That girl is he's classmate back then, she always comes to our house every after school, then precede to the boring activity that they so called 'studying'. I can’t barely imagine, at that childish mind of mine I had thought that, that girl had a crush on him; since she’s the one who first initiated that studying stuff (she just suddenly appeared one day, in front of our house, saying she wants him to be her study buddy). By that, you can’t blame a mere child of thinking maliciously towards other people.

 

 

 

 

 

I had really felt that I was been left out, that frigging girl just stole my playmate. And then the people around us keeps on comparing me to them, plus all the crazy talk about them, being good to be together, (well, I had a brother complex towards him so that's why I felt bad about it and what the, come to think of it, they’re just children) thus absurdity hits the hard core in my head.

 

 

 

As a thought, I also want to get into their world, so I even tried studying as well (but eventually I had given up, studying is not really for me ever since childhood). So I had always end up watching them, behind their backs, in the staircase as they studied. Hopefully, waiting for them to finished up early so that I can play with him again, but in my disappointment they'd mostly end up late so we won't have the time to play anymore.

 

 

 

Since he's the only friend I have, so boredom had its strong strike on me that time.

 

 

 

As a result, that was the first time I ever felt betrayed. It was the first time I hated my only friend, I had hated them both, especially that girl. So I stopped playing with him, stopped going home together with him (though sometimes it can’t be helped, we have to go together) and many other stuffs that I no longer involved him.

 

 

 

 

I had become a mean jerk towards him. Yet despite of my bad attitude, I had always longed to play together again. It irritates me seeing him having fun with his classmates at school, I can't helped not noticing them since our classroom is just on the other side, then I bet he's not even aware that I'm always looking.

 

 

 

It just really felt like, I was abandoned and he enjoys being with them more.

 

 

 

I was hopeless, as a child, I had it in my mind that I can't compete with those kinds of friends, since their part in the science class with the same level of his intellect, I really felt insecure, and that also dragged me farther away from him.

 

 

That made me meaner and angrier towards him, by then I stopped talking to him, ignoring him in every ways, though due to that, it had made me a lonely jerk. My childhood life had become unbearably boring.

 

 

 

 

As days went by, two weeks before the end of the term, I had known that his family will moved to their original hometown to start up a business there.

 

 

I felt mixed emotions, in which a child cannot comprehend, (even by now as a young adult I still can’t comprehend what kind of emotion is that, but now the strong emotion that I feel, while remembering this event is extreme sadness).

 

 

 

 

After such a long time, we played together again (I guess it was Saturday since we were able to play the whole day).He showed me a lot of his stuffs like; a big book of the world map with lots of drawings in it especially the north pole and the south pole (as I remembered that's the reason why I strongly believe Santa Clause do exist during my whole childhood, since his factory was clearly stated in that book with all the deer's and stuffs as well *laugh* (>_<) ). And some little crystals thingy in which they say it will generate more if you will put it in a box with a cotton (*laugh* (>_<) cute little idiotic thoughts). Then in the afternoon, we sang a lot of songs while clapping our hands together (it's a child game called 'sem-sem' , to the point that we had even sang the national anthem with matching the national pledge since we had ran out of songs *laugh* (>_<)).

 

 

 

 

 

We had lots of fun and laughs with just those silly stuffs. Then the sky becomes pale tint of orange in which it signals us, playtime's over. That was the last playtime we had, and then by the next day we gave our goodbyes.

 

 

 

He even left the box with the crystal stuffs on it (I cared for it for few weeks then I got bored since it didn't generate its number *laugh* (>_<)).

 

 

That was the first time I ever cried hard for someone aside from myself (as a young adult, as I am now, I can't even believe I did that, I'm really selfish you know).

 

 

 

From that day on, I really looked forward to meet him again, that childhood friend of mine.

 

 

The memories still lingers, from time to time I remembered it, and shared about it to others. I treasured it and the image of the precious childhood friend I once had, in my mind. 

 

 

 

 

 

Then after fourteen years had passed, after few attempts of searching in the social networking we called 'facebook', finally, I had found my cute childhood friend (*laugh* (>_<)).

 

 

 

 

He doesn't change much in his appearance back then, though the cuteness had decreased a little bit. I would really prefer to see his unchanged cute appearance, together with the cute height he had before. (>_<)

 

So I pm him to say 'Hi and asked if he can still remember me?'

 

Then after a few days he replied saying, 'No, I don't think I know you'.

 

In which it's understandable since it has been such a long time.

 

Yet after saying I know him way back fourteen years ago, he still doesn't recognize me.

 

Oh, well that's fine (*laugh* (^_^).

 

 

 

 

 

After that, it had made me realized that, that person is not the one I'm looking for, though it's him but it's not the adult one. Rather the one I'm looking for is the child that I had been together, when I had once been a child and shared the memories with.

 

 

 

 

I had finally understood that after that day when we had our goodbyes it also means goodbye to the childhood friend I once had.

 

 

 

Thus, it’s like the friendship we had becomes pale tint of orange which signals us, that playtime's truly over.

 

 

 

 

Well that chapter of my childhood won't be repeating itself, but at least it had left me precious memories worth remembering and the picture together with my precious childhood friend worth treasuring.

© 2013 Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy


Author's Note

Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy
A true to life story, dedicated to my precious childhood friend.
(>_<) I miss the child in him.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So it may be a true story, but work on the grammar it's kind of all over the place like run on sentences certain word uses and such. if you fix that then at least it'll be readable.

Also I don't accept friend requests unless I've read that person's work and that person reviewed at least 1 of my writings. I believe I know who has directed you to me esperanza am I correct? She writes "Yaoi" herself.

:-) good day

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy

11 Years Ago

COOL ^_^ thank you so much hehe I REALLY LIKE YOU >_< superb hehe ok then it's ok if don't accept t.. read more
Time's The Bond

11 Years Ago

Well I am kinda I read a few yaoi mangas here and there I don't write it but it's just a fantasy of .. read more
Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy

11 Years Ago

really??? ^_^ (phew) I'm relieved at least it is a little bit readable hehe 'coz I'll be damn if it.. read more



Reviews

So it may be a true story, but work on the grammar it's kind of all over the place like run on sentences certain word uses and such. if you fix that then at least it'll be readable.

Also I don't accept friend requests unless I've read that person's work and that person reviewed at least 1 of my writings. I believe I know who has directed you to me esperanza am I correct? She writes "Yaoi" herself.

:-) good day

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy

11 Years Ago

COOL ^_^ thank you so much hehe I REALLY LIKE YOU >_< superb hehe ok then it's ok if don't accept t.. read more
Time's The Bond

11 Years Ago

Well I am kinda I read a few yaoi mangas here and there I don't write it but it's just a fantasy of .. read more
Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy

11 Years Ago

really??? ^_^ (phew) I'm relieved at least it is a little bit readable hehe 'coz I'll be damn if it.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013

Author

Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy
Ermadski Erma & Rei Zy

Mars, Japan



About
We're just simple person who has a wide imagination that would go beyond anyone's impression about us. We are obsess with mangas especially yaoi mangas and We're interested to become a yaoi manga w.. more..

Writing