The Musical Box

The Musical Box

A Story by Martina
"

The Musical Box- What is the true mystery about the musical box that May's mother left her before she disappeared suddenly? ミュージカルボックス Oneshot

"

"ミュージカルボックス"

"The Musical Box"

By: Esmee's Nightmare

ときに、音楽のダイアログボックスが開きます

When the musical box opens

 

The darkness in the warehouse surrounded her being with out her notice the strange events. She clenched the small brown wooden box against her chest. The box was designed with grace. The style and lines on the outer shell were old and wealthy like that looked very beautiful in anyone eyes.

 

Her breathing became shallow when another shadow flew through her. Her head began to hurt and her lungs felt like its going to bust within her. The astrosphere was very thick. She forced her legs to move forward when they stopped moving two seconds ago. Why was she here anyway?

 

The box rattled in her hand and she almost loosened her grip over the musical box that her mother gave her before she disappeared suddenly last summer. The box crept open and then a very sad melody escaped its top and filled up the room in which she walked.

 

Shh little child,

Do not be afraid,

The world isn't gentle I feared

We are going to be okay.

 

She stopped walking.

Her eyes widened at the singing and tone. A flash of white light flew out of the musical box and lit up the path before her…but not much. She could see a small bit now. Warmth entered her body, who's singing it? The melody is so sad… Yet this sound she could easy related to it.

 

Shh Child

Be brave now,

No need to be afraid,

Come and save mommy

 

She can see the shadows now. She grasped sharply and taking a few steps backward. The shadows were pitching black and they seemed to fly towards her. The light from the musical box chased them away and cleared the path before her.

 

Shh Child,

Stay on the right path,

Remember that mommy will always love you

 

The song ended and starts over once more and she fought hard to push forward with every inch of her might. Then the musical box closed. On the top a few cracks can be seen. The shadows flew back blocking her path once more. Then when the first one flew through her being, she felt and heard everything that this shadow had done. She could hear the victims it tortured. She could felt the pain that this shadow had caused and finally she felt her own depressing pain.

 

Why had she come here for? She came here to save her mother and her boyfriend…In which they had abandoned her. She shook the negative thoughts out of her head as the same sad melody filled her ears once more. The musical box rattled in her hands.

"Give them back! Give them back now!" She cried out to the shadows holding the musical box in the air very high. She could feel the tears flowing down her eyes. She wanted her love ones back. The shadows roared loudly through the dark.

 

The musical box of the top flew opened and this light was bright blue. Then she finally understood. The musical box holds her emotions. Her true emotions for everything and that are what had protected her from the shadows itself. The musical box held the emotions she hid for so long. She smiled. She smiled for the first time and for once she had confidence that she will get her love ones back.

The End?

© 2010 Martina


Author's Note

Martina
I wrote this one in middle school also, in my last year. :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome story here! it will make a great book in my opinion! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010

Author

Martina
Martina

Wonderland, LA



About
Hello people =) Hello my name is Martina and I'm 19 years old; graduated from high school with very high dreams of becoming a well known author; (for about let see 10 years). I'm easy to .. more..

Writing
Desperate Desperate

A Poem by Martina


Sound Sound

A Story by Martina


When I Died... When I Died...

A Story by Martina