Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah Merritt

December 4th, 2011~

 

   I walked along the edge of the woods at Myrtle Lake, camera in hand, and just hoped to see a wolf. To capture it's beauty in a photograph forever.

 

   Wrapping my cold arms around me, I continued venturing along the well-worn path. The wind blew off the lake, biting at my nose and stinging my eyes.

 

   And then I saw one. A beautiful, white she-wolf with eyes as black as night. Given the way she stood, superior in front of me, I could tell she was a high position in her pack, maybe even the alpha female. I hadn't seen her with any of the other wolves I recognised, though, and wondered if maybe she was a lone wolf, or maybe searching for a mate to start her own pack.

 

   Although she was a beauty, there was something cruel in her midnight gaze, and it was hard to look past the blood splattered on her snout. It's okay, I told myself. She's not a threat to you.

 

  Boy, was I wrong.



© 2012 Sarah Merritt


Author's Note

Sarah Merritt
I tried as best I could to use proper spelling and grammer, but if you notice any mistakes please let me know! Also, if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions you can comment or e-mail me at [email protected]. I will want to know if there's something I need to clarify or fix. Thanx! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012


Author

Sarah Merritt
Sarah Merritt

FL



About
My two favorite things in the whole world are Wolves and Lil' Wayne. more..

Writing