~Chapter One~

~Chapter One~

A Chapter by Sarah Merritt
"

This is the link to the page on ePlans.com that shows the house modeled as Phoebe's house.

"

 

   I was sitting on a barstool bored out of my mind when the doorbell finally rang. Finally! I thought. I've been waiting all freakin' week for my movie to come! I waited a moment for the mailman to leave, then I leapt up from where I'd been sitting and made my way to the door. I opened it and picked up an Amazon box that was about the size of a textbook and a bit taller. I carried it back into the kitchen and opened it. I smiled. A man in a red and blue unitard was looking back up at me. Spiderman. The Amazing Spiderman.

   I wondered why they had such big boxes for things. Seriously, this box could be half its size and fit the movie in it. But I didn't feel like figuring it out. That's the type of thing I'd sit around and ponder for hours when I was super bored, like I was about five minutes ago. But now I could watch my movie.

   I walked out of the kitchen and through the gathering room.  I was headed to the home theater room upstairs. I had just reached the first steps in the foyer when I heard a knock on the back door. I couldn't pretend I wasn't here, since I would be in plain sight of whoever was knocking. I turned around.

   A guy that looked about my age was on our covered veranda. He was wearing a YMCMB hat, a white shirt, dark blue jeans, and he had dreads that went right below his shoulders. Oh my God. What was he doing knocking on my back door? I supposed I should go find out. Now that we've seen each other, I don't really have an excuse to ignore him. Besides, he didn't look like he wanted to hurt me. I was still feeling cautious as I went to the back door. I opened it just wide enough to talk to him.

   "Can I help you?" I asked.

   "Please let me in," he said,"I can explain everything as soon as I'm in but I need you to understand that I'm not here to hurt you and I gotta get inside somewhere right now."

   Maybe it was just me, or maybe I watch too much TV, but letting him in felt like a really bad idea at the time.

   "Sorry," I replied,"I don't know who you are, but you have to understand that I can't just let in every desperate guy that comes to my back door."

   A small smile quickly came and vanished,"This happens often?" He asked.

   I sighed. "Get in."

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Sarah Merritt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on August 3, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012


Author

Sarah Merritt
Sarah Merritt

FL



About
My two favorite things in the whole world are Wolves and Lil' Wayne. more..

Writing