Blind (The Story of Emily Benefield)

Blind (The Story of Emily Benefield)

A Story by kenya smith
"

This story is about a girl who has been blind since birth. Soon she meets a boy who dies in a tragic accident.

"

Emily Benefield has always been blind, ever since she was two years old. She never went to public school in fear that she might get bullied, Her parents didn't let her go to many places unless it was church, and she never fell in love. 

 

Until one Sunday, she went to church,sat in her usual place in the front, everybody said hello to her. But, she heard a different voice this time, than all the other Sundays. A male voice that sounded cute and deep ; she instantly fell in love. " Hello, kind stranger", said Emily in her cute voice.  "What's your name" ? She lost her breath, once he spoke. " I'm Emily, What's yours".  Her voice was shaking.  "I'm Ethan". Emily's favorite name. "Nice to meet you". 

 

Emily enjoyed church that day, talking to Ethan and of course , falling in love every time he spoke. When church was over, Emily asked Ethan if he would like to go out for some lunch. He agreed and they left without letting their parents know. They both enjoyed themselves and soon, they were dating. Her parents didn't like the fact that she was dating, but they were glad she found someone.

 

They did a lot together :  they went out to eat, to the carnival, and go for walks in the park. Ethan decided to pop the big question soon. He was excited to go get a ring ; a beautiful one. He waited for the perfect time to go get one though. Why not now, he thought. He got into his car and drove fast to the jewelry store. Just as he was about to leave the intersection, a semi-truck smashed into the passenger side of the car, sending shards of glass flying everywhere. One of them pierced into Ethan's neck, blood spewed everywhere.

 

The truck driver got out to check on Ethan, while calling 911. The ambulance came to take Ethan's body away and the truck driver admit that he was drunk , watching Ethan's body being put on a stretcher. Emily heard about the fateful car crash, she was heart broken.

 

On Sunday, she went to Ethan's funeral. The eulogy was done and then , the viewing in which Emily had to sit down for. Her parents were consoling her, while crying. one year after his death, Emily had eye surgery, or got a new set of eyes. Emily thought about Ethan and how she never got to see him.

© 2014 kenya smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh this is so sad.......I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 31, 2014
Last Updated on March 31, 2014
Tags: Sad, death, love

Author

kenya smith
kenya smith

Prairieville, LA



About
I'm 25, and I have been writing for 7 years now. I love to write horror stories and poems but also sometimes I like to write teen drama. In the future, I hope to publish a book and also get a career i.. more..

Writing