Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Eusuna
"

Ireena is free to explore the world for the first time in her life. Having Lived her life in isolation, under a hostile involvement, she has a lot to learn, before she can achieve a joyfilled future

"

Chapter 1

Earned desire


Isolation had been her best friend, for as long as she could remember.

Inside the only place she knew. Her home, her place of training, where she would receive praise from her parents, when impressed. But also pain. Was now a room, devoid of any light, and had been like that for the last three days.

With one audible sound, the occasional, dripping noise in the darkness. Liquid falling from one place, landing in a pool of more liquid, followed by the only other sound inside the place, but that at least confirmed, the presence of someone. It was the sound of someone Breathing, frequent and heavy.

The missing light also concealed what had taken place, during the last three days, and the only other clue, to what had happened here, was the horrid stench of rotten flesh, and blood.

But at the very least, this home had returned to a state of peaceful isolation. Though it it barely lasted as a loud ear piercing noise made itself known. With sound of rusty metal gears moving, along with the sound of large and heavy metal plates scraping against another began to echoing through the darkness,

A large heavy plate, was being lifted being lifted, and as because of this. Sunlight began to chase the darkness of the room away, as the light from the outside now slowly bringing much needed clarity to the room itself, that was in the shape of a oversized dome, that could easily rival a football or baseball stadium an size. With every inch of the floor being covered in red Blood.

Congratulations”, a man and a woman said together in unison. The audio of the voices was static and came from all around her, as if they were speaking from loudspeakers, that had been placed against every wall.

Ireena, you have indeed, and most surely, and without question,'' the male-sounding voice said. With a neutral and distant tone to it,

The female voice would quickly continue with a cold and uncaring tone

You have completed the three months worth of trials and challenges in a mere three days”

Yes, yes, yes. You have indeed earned your wish, our hard-working daughter”. Both voices continued, now speaking in unison, speaking louder, and with more energy.

Ireena, meet us outside once the door is fully open, and of course if you harbor any regrets about, your desire of the outside would, then simply stay put.” With that the voices were gone, and the metal plate was nearly fully open, and enough for Ireena to walk outside, for the first time in her life.

The Light now brought clarity to what the had taken place inside the room Ireena was leaving, a floor filled with blood, and four large piles melted flesh and scales, with bones and claws, ticking out from, was once could have been considered meat. Though what manner of creatures, was impossible to tell, it was all blended and melted together into this disgusting pile of death.

Ireena Still shielded her eyes, From the light, she walked towards the exist, where the large plate had been lifted

But as she got closer to exist, and her eyes slowly adjusting to the sunlight, it the feeling of stinging pain, replaced by a pleasant and much more enjoyable warmth.

With her eyes fully adjusted and all the pleasant feeling of soil and grass under her feet, Ireena felt ready. To enjoy the world, with the feeling of the wind against her skin, and Knowing she had earned the right to experience this, whenever she pleased, was worth the struggle, she had to endure til this point.

Ireena as much as she wanted to, didn’t show any signs of a smile, and her movement were strict and firm. She stood tall like a soldier waiting for her orders

Ireena could after all for ten years she had been wanting, fighting, risking her life, against anything her loving parents could throw at her, everything from scores of monsters of any shape and sized, different kind of golems made from wood, rock or metal, and people, using strange tools and strategies, that always managed to suprise her.

Her eyes had barely adjusted, but it was enough for Ireena to jump in excitement, as the first thing she could see, was a lush and green forest in front of her, and behind it, a tall pointy mountain, with, something white on top of it.

This point, and she had survived, all for this day. The promise of freedom, the day she would be allowed to explore the world and live however she wanted, and challenge everything on her own terms.

Ireena wanted to rush up there right now, and learn what the mountain was hiding on the other side, she would probably be able to see the world from there.

But her thoughts and feelings of joy were brought to a halt, as a voice to her right spoke. Ireena removed her smile and replaced with a neutral emotionless expression, refraining herself from making any more movement, until permission was given.

After all this voice belonged to her father, and a quick glance to her left, confirmed that her mother was to her right, and she was as unmoving and unflinching as the father.

You earned it,” her father said. He didn’t move nor did he look at his daughter as he spoke to her, with a firm voice.

Ireena knew she had to obey. They were her parents. They were the reason to Ireena was able to survive her trials. They were the reason why she was strong enough to explore the world, without needing to worry about anything, and that strength and power she held, was the unmistakable proof of their love for their daughter. They surely wouldn’t have dedicated everyday since her first year in life to make her, physically strong, and efficient in the field of magic, if they didn’t care for her, She was so lucky to have such loving parents.

”Twentyfive years since we started this project, eighteen years since your first birthday, and only you made it to this point. The others have failed, but you exceeded our wildest expectations. We couldn't be more proud of you, our beloved daughter.  You are now a grown woman now and ready to take on the world” Ireenas father spoke, as he stood firm like a rock, and only at the end, looked at his daughter and gave a smile. It was a small smile but a smile nonetheless.

’’. You are free now, though of course we don't recommend venturing out, in that state you are in now You have been fighting for your life, in utter darkness for three days and three nights, After all, ” her mother spoke, with a tone identical to the father.

Both the father and the mother were dressed in the same manner of clothing, an open clean white thin coat, with a black shirt underneath, with a yellow tie, around their neck. Both also wore a white pair of pants and with a red pair of shoes.

They both had short combed hair. Aside from gender, the only other noticeable difference was their eye colors.

The man had red eyes, and the woman had yellow.

The mother physical shape was that of a small ball, while the father was best described as tall toothpick.

Ireena herself was around 1.75 meters tall, and her eye color was a burning orange.

She had long hair covered in dry blood, leaving only a few singular hair strings hinting at a light brown hair color.

While Ireena wearing only a loincloth, the rest of her body was naked, and could tell the story of her life, with a body covered with bruises, cuts, bite marks, stab wounds, and burns. Some of the wounds were a combination, like the one she near her belly button, a stab wound that looked like it had been done by a burning knife.

This was a body that had been through an incredible amount of stress and everyone who would have looked at it, could Ireena had been through countless life threatening trials and her body had paid for it, through the wear and tear on skin surfaces that made the young body look much older and rougher than it really should have been at her age. Her hands, feet and face was the only part of her body without any scars or injuries.

The most notable trait on her body, was her missing right breast, along with the large bite mark, that made it clear that at some point in her life, it had been bitten and torn off by some manner of beast.

If you chose to come with us back inside, we will allow you to recuperate, though of course you would, the following day, be required to clear at least a week’s worth of exercise in order to re-earn your freedom.” both of her parents said in unison.

Ireena looked at the mountain. There was no way she was going back inside, she didn’t care about how exhausted she truly was, she had earned this freedom,

No, I want my freedom. I earned it. And I will keep it, live it, and risk it on my own accord”, Ireena said determined.

Last trial passed Good. We would have been very disappointed, if you had agreed to our proposal” they both said at the same time, while still looking straight ahead

Very well, Ireena. As you wish. Your freedom is yours for the taking, use it as you desire. And if, when you have adventured to your heart's content-” The father said before the mother interrupted and continued.

 “And surely intent on returning home, you are always welcome back,'' she said

We will be looking forward to seeing what kind of improvement you will have managed to achieve on your own, and listen to all your stories, you surely and natural will be sharing with us. And very much look forward to listen to all your tales.” they said again in unison.

But this time they both turned towards Ireena, with perfectl synchronized, movements. First their eyes met each other, to which they both smiled widely at one another, before turning around to look inside the room, their movements was suddent, quick and alomst robotic.

No time” The father said.

Reason to why, her passing today is important.” the mother replied.

They both turned their attention to Ireena again.

The solution is simple” The mother stated.

Yes indeed” Father said.

Both parents were smiling happily as they spoke to one another, in a tone that belonged in theater play.

”Ireena, quickly before you leave, would you be so kind and remove all the mess for us, We don't have the time for it. Important benefactor is arriving in tommorrow. ” The mother said, her tone returned to a strick and firm tone.

Ireena didn't know what benefactor was, but she understood the tone. This wasn't a request, it was an order with a clear expectation

Ireena didn't bother to turn around to look back. After All what she had been asked to do, was a simple matter, so simple that she could probably do it in her sleep.

Several tiny but very bright violet orbs of light took shape behind her back, as more emerged, both seemingly from the air surrounding, her back side, all the tiny orbs began band and merge together into one much larger and much brighter orbs of light, and they too merged intro on point, a few millimeters from the center of Ireenas back, but took as much space her backside, just looking like a violet burning circle. 

"Whoosh" it sounded, as the light were fired off, like a thick beam like a wave, and as it made its way back into the room, it brightened up everything with its violet radiance. Revealing a mountain of melted flesh and bones, lumped together in a pool of blood that filled the floor. The remains indistinguishable and made it impossible to tell what manner of creatures had been slaughtered here. And ones the light reached and made contact with all the flesh. Everything burned in the disintegrating light, leaving nothing but a scorched areas left on the floor along with a few pieces of claws and bones, where the pool of blood and pile of rotten flesh had once been, only a small amount of blood that had reached the grass on the outside, served as a reminder that a large quantity of life, had once been stolen here.

Both of her parents looked into the room shortly after Ireena’s last display of her prowers with her magic, both smiley happy and satisfied.

Thank you, now we can continue our work, with only the minimum to clean up”Father said, and looked at his wife, as Ireena was missing between them and was nowhere to be seen

She is gone,'' The mother with a satisfied grin.

Yes, indeed she has left,'' The father replied..

But she will return within a year to learn more about herself, and then!” They Both said together, holding each other as their hands met, and their eyes locked on to the others and they began to dance around each other in circles.

Then she will break! And our child, our research will finally reach the final stage. The waiting is indeed the only real tragedy” They spoke cheerfully to each other, as they began to hold hand in hand and dance their way, inside the room.



© 2019 Eusuna


Author's Note

Eusuna
If you find grammar problems then I apologize, but I still hope you will enjoy this prologue of a story.
If there is things you think could have been done better, please leave an examble

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Here’s the thing: All professions are learned in addition to the techniques of our schooldays writing, which is nonfiction, and can’t work for fiction. But the teachers don’t tell us that. And because the skill’s called writing, we figure it works for everything.

You’re trying to get around the problems by describing and explaining what someone on the scene as an observer could hear and see were they witnessing the events, personally. But that can’t work. First, in the real world we’d know the place in a glance, but telling the reader about it in print takes line after line, so the story moves at a crawl. And it doesn’t help that only you know the emotion to place into the words as they read.

Added to that, because you’re missing the tricks of the trade, you’re making mistakes you don’t see as being mistakes. But readers, though they don’t understand what the mistakes are, know that’s something wrong. As Sol Stein put it: “Readers don’t notice point-of-view errors. They simply sense that the writing is bad.”

And Mark Twain also hit the nail on the head when he said: “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”

It’s not your fault that you aren’t aware of this. We all leave school thinking we know exactly what we need to know to be a writer. And the fix is simple enough: hit the library’s fiction-writing section and devour a few books on the tricks of the trade.

Not good news, I know. But you did ask for comment.


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Eusuna

4 Years Ago

Thank you for taking your time reading my little prologue, and more so for taking your time providin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
1 Review
Added on October 30, 2019
Last Updated on December 27, 2019
Tags: Fantasy. Magic. Heroine. flying.


Author

Eusuna
Eusuna

Næstved, Denmark



About
I'm a guy who have a love for narative story telling, mostly within the Fantasy genre, love them. Have decided to write my own story. that I hope people will enjoy. Have a good day. Also tell .. more..

Writing