The stone

The stone

A Story by EveThreshold
"

This is actually a dream i had once, but the shortened version

"
The small baby slowly slid from the mother’s womb. The cries of the small being were heard almost immediately after it’s head emerged into the room. The mother screamed out in pain feeling the it’s body being pushed out. Her body was covered in a thin layer of sweat, under her eyes there were dark circles that defined her face, her breathing fast and shaky. She sighed in relief after a few moment of the baby being out. The nurse smiled and took the baby to be cleaned, but after, she took her down to the basement. The nurse walked up to the large statue of a woman and man, and they started to glow. Two ghostly figures that looked like the two statues emerged from the stone.

“Is this her?” The nurse asked, looking at the woman figure.

“Yes. Our daughter!” The woman took the baby in her arms and rocked her back and forth. “Finaly! Again we see our daughter alive and well. And she will be just as powerful, especially with the stone… or at least part of it.” The woman gave the baby back to the nurse and the woman and man took each others hand and put the other out, making a glowing orb. The orb turned into a large stone and the stone slowly cracked into four pieces. The man took one of the four pieces and slowly moved toward the child, inserting it into the childs head, the stone was immediately being absorbed. The child slowly started falling asleep: as the woman and man dissipated into mist.

The nurse smiled down at the little girl and started talking to her in a hushed voice.

“Those are your mommy and daddy. The sun and moon spirits.” The nurse smiles again. “Youll be with them when your older, but for now, you have to be the carrier.” She walked into the room with the mother and father, and handed the child over to the mother.

“Annabel…” The mother said tiredly. “Annabel is her name. Annabel Lee.” The mother closes her eyes and sighs, thinking of her daughters future. The father puts his hand on the mothers shoulder, and leans down kissing her cheek.

“That’s a great name.” He smiles down at his wife. The Nurse clears her throat and they both look up at her.

“I must speak with both of you.” She said, then continued, “Your daughter is carrying something precious. You’ve heard of gifted children, well she is the most gifted child in the world. Some children can run lightning speeds without even blinking an eye, some children, like yourself sir, can breath fire,” The husband looked at her shocked, not knowing she knew about that, then the nurse continued, “But she holds a quarter of the stone of life.” The parents eyes widen.

“Wha-why our daughter???” The woman pressed, “We have already been through enough with his kind, and now you wish us to deal with more???” She pressed more and the nurse sighed.

“It was not my decision. They chose her.” She said looking out the window. “For years, I have been a nurse, trying to find the baby that is theirs, and your daughter,” She looks at them, then the baby, “Is blessed, and cursed. Many people will come after her, and many people will be hurt because of it, but, you must protect her with your life.”

The words wrang through the dream like they were said a few moments ago. The 17 year old girl sits up and looks around. That dream has haunted her ever since she could remember. She sighs and holds her head, the headache slowly starting to come back, it always followed that dream. She got up and walked towards her bathroom, getting in the shower. After shes done and gets dressed and combs her hair, she runs downstairs and sees her mother and father downstairs. She smiles at them, and they smile back, her mother handing her a plate of breakfast. Another day of homeschooling would begin.

Always while they ate breakfast, they talked about what they dreamed about, and how they were. Her mother looked at her.

“You don’t look so well Annabel… did you…. Have that dream again?”

“Yeah.”

“Maybe you should go to a regular school.” But the father interrupted before the mother was actually able to finish,

“No.” He snapped, “She will not go to another school. Remember what happened last time…” His words trailed off as the doorbell rang. The mother looked questionably at the door, then at the girl. Annabel shrugs, and gets up to answer it. She walks towards the door and sees a huge shadow behind the white glass. She slows but puts her hand on the nob, and turns it. The door is pushed open furiously and flies off the handles, making Annabel fly back through a wall. She screams as her back makes contact with a nearby tree. She lays there for a moment and sees a huge creature like man, almost like a giant with a huge sawed off shotgun on his back. He walks towards her, his feet making impressions in the ground.

The two parents run towards their daughter, but they are pushed back by the giant beast. They scream and fly back, skidding across the ground on their backs, only stopping after they hit trees as well. Annabel looks up at the monstrous man and he chuckles darkly, grinning. He picks her up by the neck and forces her body against the tree.

“Your mine now. Actually, im just a bounty hunter.” He said and started walking, dragging her legs across the ground. He froze when he saw a bluish glow, and looked down at the girl. Her eyes were glowing blue, and her irises nor her pupils were able to be seen. She grabbed his hand and swiftly forced two of his fingers up, breaking them. The large creature screamed out in pain, and she took his foot, tripping him. She pulled him up in the air, swinging him in circles, and finally letting go after she gets enough speed, and he goes flying through the air. She watched him until she’s unable to see him. Annabel’s eyes slowly returned to the almost grey color they had been before the blue glow, and her body falls to the ground, unconscious. The two parents sit up and run over to their child, her father picking her up, and both of them take her to a special hospital in the mountains.

Running. Slipping. Falling. Pain. That’s what she feels in her dream now. She screams and tries to reach for her mothers hand, but cant get to it. She cries, unable to get to her parents because shes laying on the floor with a broken leg. She cries and cries, then feels a hand. Her eyes open.

Her body squirms and fights, trying to get away from what she thinks is the huge monstrous man. She screams, then hears the calming voice of her mother. She looks around, actually looking this time, and sees shes in a hospital. Annabel puts her arms down and she looks at her hands.

“I… did it again, didn’t I?” She cries into her hands, knowing shes the real monster. “Why? Why do I keep doing this stuff???” She feels her mothers hands on hers and she looks up, her mothers other hand wipes away the tears.

“Listen… there’s something we wanted to tell you… for a long time… and now that your old enough, we can…”

“What?”

“Were not your real parents.”

“This is a lie…? Everything I know, everything we have done…” Annabel’s eyes widen and her palms become sweaty. She wraps her arms around her knees and brings them up to her chest, rocking back and forth. Her mother looks at the father, then back at Annabel. She was almost about to burst out crying when a doctor in a long white coat barged through the door, His eyes wide and filled with fear.

“You must leave, more are here.” He said quietly, “Go out the back entrance, there are none there so far, that I know of.” He shows them the way out, and they escape from the hospital safe. The parents try to comfort her, smiling thankfully and Annabel pulls away from them. She walks away angrily and doesn’t stop, no matter how many times they yell, “Stop! Annabel, please! Its dangerous out there!” or, “Please, Annabel! We love you!”

After getting out of earshot and out of sight of her so called family, Annabel lays on the ground looking up at the sky, then wonders if someone would be able to tell her what happened. She stood up, knowing which hospital she was born in. She ran towards the hospital they were just at, and tries sneaking in without being unnoticed. Fail. While she walks towards the nurses office, she knocks over a cart full of food, and the gigantic men like beasts turn, seeing her. Her eyes widen and she starts running, while they chased her. She skidded into a room, someone closing the door behind her, the magical barrier keeping the monstrous men out, and keeping the two people in. Annabel stood, and turned, seeing the short, wrinkly woman dressed in nurses scrubs, and only being able to stand because of the cane she used. The old womans arms shook slightly, which Annabel guessed either for nervousness, or high blood pressure. Annabel smiled at the woman.

“Remember me?” she spoke slightly louder than normal, so the old woman could hear her, and the woman nodded. “Good, I was wondering if you could tell me why these people are after me.” The woman sat down, while she slowly started sitting, her legs shook with great tension. Annabel sat next to the woman, after being offered the seat, and the old woman took a sip from a small china glass of what smelled and looked like tea.

“It was 18 years ago,” The woman’s small and frail voice shattered the silence that had overcome the room. The woman breathed in heavily, then felt a slight pain in her chest. The woman grabbed her chest and fell over, ciezing. Annabels eyes widened and she put her hand on the womans shoulder, the woman instantly stopping and slowly starting to look younger. Annabel looked at her hand, it was glowing blue. She removed her hand and the woman stood with much more power now. She tested her new strength and smiled at Annabel.

“Yippee!!!!” The woman cried and started hoping about like a rabbit. Annabel sighed irritated by the woman. She tried getting the womans attention many times, but was ignored by the prancing matron. Annabel stood, noticing the men were gone and left, hoping not to run into them again, but if she did, she had a plan. She walked out the door, checking to see if they were hiding, no one. ‘Great,’ she thought and ran towards the back entrance, then left the building. She stopped to catch her breath near a tree and sat down, breathing in, then out. Trying to control her breathing, then as her breathing calmed, so did her body. Her eyes closed and she fell asleep.

Annabel’s eyes opened quickly looking around, seeing her “parents.” She rolled her eyes, but something wasn’t right. They were running towards her, and were yelling, everything seemed slow, like in a movie, slow motioned. She stood, turning around, the feeling of slowness all around her, seeing the bounty hunters from before.

Her eyes widened, then the familiar blue glow froze all of the bounty hunters, but instead of just her eyes, it was her whole body. Another piece of the stone was near. Her body lifted as if it were hovering over the ground, and, stunned by all of this, everyone was frozen, watching. Her body moved towards another blue glowing object, a tree. Instinctively, Annabel held out her hand and the stone appeared through the bark of the tree, almost like the tree was water, making ripples in the brown, scabbed bark. The stone hovered, moving towards her very slowly, until it touched her hand. As I did, she brought it up to her forehead, being absorbed by the skin and the other piece of the stone.

Then, another tree lit, and another. The other two pieces were found, and, almost as if by ritual, she repeated what she had done. Now the area was consumed by the Bluish white aura of the stone. The trees disintegrated as it looked like they were all standing on sky. Two shadows appear, and transform into two God-like looking people. For one, the male, had what seemed rays of light coming from him. The other, the woman, almost had a glow to her. The two God like beings held out their arms to Annabel and she floated towards them. The male took her into his arms, laying her across them. The female reached her hand inside Annabel’s head, which was like water, making ripples through her body, and pulled out the stone. The male walked towards the two “parents” Annabel had, and placed her in the arms of the father, Annabel being unconscious now.

“Take care of her.” An echoing voice was heard, but the mans mouth did not move.

“We will.” The father said, smiling to the figure.

Then the glow disappeared, and everything returned. The forest, the trees, the chirping of the birds, and the two parents watched the bounty hunters leave, angrily, knowing they have to explain this to their bosses.

© 2013 EveThreshold


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
Added on September 21, 2013
Last Updated on September 21, 2013
Tags: stone, destiny, sun, moon, gods, goddesses, god, goddess, spirit, energy, 4 pieces

Author

EveThreshold
EveThreshold

Meh, NY



About
Im a person, not a people. more..

Writing
The web The web

A Story by EveThreshold


Music Music

A Story by EveThreshold