Chapter 3: Party of Blood

Chapter 3: Party of Blood

A Chapter by EvilAngel133
"

This is the third chapter to my book again its raw and unedited so please excuse any grammar and spelling errors. Let me know what you think.

"

Chapter 3: Party of Blood

 

            Our group arrived at the bottom of the dark passage, and stopped abruptly in front of a heavy steel door. None of us except Damien knew what to expect behind the door. We all stood still staring at the door, our dinner, or our death bed lyed just behind it. Damien knowing exactly what he was leading us to silently slipped in front of our group and grabbed hold of the door to open it.

 

Beside me I felt Lilith squeeze my hand as the door slowly opened. She was clearly scared like the rest of us, but couldn’t hide it nearly as well. Her tiny body trembled with fear and her eyes, clearly not just because of the darkness, were as wide as a dear being hunted at night. I tried to reassure her as much as I could I squeezed her hand back and smiled at her trying to silently relay that things would be just fine.

 

The door opened to its fullest releasing red light into what was once a dark passage way. The change in light momentarily blinded me though the light was not that harsh, probably for its more nocturnal customers. I held my hand up shielding my eyes for a moment then dropped my hand almost as soon as it rose. Damien had grabbed me by the arm and pulled me along with the rest of the group through the door. Maybe he really did plan to have us for a snack. I attempted to pull away, but again my efforts were in vain just like the last time. My body was weak with hunger and exhaustion I had no chance in winning the struggle.  I did not want to die here though so I began to lash out with everything I had left. I began to frail wildly to get away.

“Hey! Would you knock it off your creating a scene!” Hissed a very annoyed Damien.

 

I stopped my struggle and looked up at Damien with a dumbfounded expression. He seemed to look annoyed with my outburst. I felt embarrassed all of a sudden as I glanced around the room. Our surroundings mimicked a retro style restaurant. There were neon lights and a dance floor with a disco ball, even the bar looked retro. I had only heard of places like this, I had never seen anything like it myself. My gaze swept all around the room until it came upon my friends, who were looking at me in shock. There shock must have been from my outburst only a short few minutes ago. I felt my face begin to turn a stunning red, any hope for hiding my embarrassment was gone now. Even the other customers were staring at Damien and me.

 

“Wha-What do they have to eat in this place?” Asked Lilith shyly. I was grateful to her she didn’t feel comfortable, but she was trying to break the awkwardness.

 

It took Damien a moment to advert his attention from me, but after what seemed like hours he replied, “They have anything you can think of here, blood, raw meat, french fries, hamburgers, salad, flower nectar, anything.” He said in an as if everyone should know manner. He released my arm and then headed to the bar with, not caring if our group followed or not.

 

“Hey Romeo I will have a glass of the O positive.” Damien demanded as if he owned the place.

 

I sat down next to him sheepishly followed by the others. I picked up one of the menus unsure what I wanted to order. It was clear Damien came here often and was on good terms with the workers here. He got his tall glass of blood in moments it didn’t take the bar tender long to get it prepped. I tried not to stare as he began to gulp down his drink. It made me feel sick to my stomach; I know that he wasn’t drinking directly from someone however it still felt wrong. I tried to distract myself by burying my face in the menu and trying to find something suitable to eat.

 

The menu was very abroad like Damien had claimed, it had everything you could think of, french fries, steak tar tar, grilled cheese, hamburgers, fairy juice, liquors, flower nectar, salads, tofu, and blood of many different types and species. The last one made me shiver, what species blood was Damien drinking from I wondered. I quickly mentally yelled at myself for going back to such thoughts. I waved Romeo over and muttered what I hoped sounded like French fries and grilled cheese.

 

My friends had already ordered there food, I didn’t even notice until there food arrived. Lilith ordered a strawberry shake and some fries, while Nicholas ordered a hamburger with onion rings on the side, a manlier choice. Their food smelled great, the aroma of it made my mouth water. I couldn’t wait for my own food to arrive, I didn’t realize how hungry I truly felt until now.

 

“Your food.”Stated Romeo in an annoyed tone.

 

I looked away from my friends and their delicious meal to face what I was hoping was grilled cheese and fries. I turned to face Romeo and felt the smallest smile creep up on my face as I saw he was indeed holding a grilled cheese and fries, but also a strawberry milkshake too.

 

“I didn’t ask for a shake?” I asked a little confused.

 

“You looked like you were about to steel that girls over there,” He pointed toward Lilith who was happily sipping on her shake. “So I figured you might one of your own.” He shrugged then set the shake down and walked away tending to other things.

 

Without any more questioning I drank the shake happily and began to devour my food. It was delicious the cheese melted in my mouth and the bread was buttery but not so much that it was soggy. The fries were good too they especially were delicious in my shake that was made with real strawberries, I figured that out when I found a few not well blended pieces.

 

It didn’t take long for me and the rest of my group to finish eating their food. Once we were all done, all eyes seemed to fall on Damien. He had brought us here and now, at least according to the clock on the wall, it was daylight outside. We couldn’t continue our journey in the day, at least Damien couldn’t.  Damien looked up at the clock and shrugged off the time like it was no big deal then looked back at our group.

 

“If everyone’s had their fill we should probably keep moving…” He stated as if the time was no problem at all.

 

“B-But what about the sun?” I asked feeling a little uncomfortable, I knew he was a vampire and yet I couldn’t help, but forget at times.

 

Damien shrugged as he wiped his finger on the inside of his glass licking the last drop of blood out of it. This instantly sent a shiver down my spine, at times I forgot what he was yes, but at times like this, I was reminded all too well. “We will take the tunnels.” He finally said as he finished polishing off the ruby liquid on his fingers.

 

“Tunnels?” Came a rough agitated voice from beside me. It was Nicholas, he was clearly irritated with Damien’s vague answers.

 

Damien only seemed to grow more amused with this outburst, “Why yes, there are several tunnels underground leading all over the city especially made for vampires the tunnels are placed just above the sewers, they are marked with a special seal that only we can read.”

 

“And how do we know that what you say is true, how do we know your not going to lead us off to some discrete location just to drain our blood to sell at this bar place or to store for yourself.” Nicholas retorted back in a low almost growl.

 

“You don’t.”Damien said matter a fact like.

 

This about pushed Nicholas over the edge he began to get up from his seat, to no doubtly pumble Damien, but Lilith not one for conflict grabbed his shirt giving him a begging look. He gave in seeing her innocent face, but not without a grunt. He sat down and stared daggers at Damien who replied with a smug smile, he knew he was victorious and wasn’t afraid to rub it in.

 

“Where are the tunnels? How do we get to them?” I asked wanting to break the tension.

 

Damien looked at me now taking his eyes off of the still hostel Nicholas. “There is a path way from this restaurant, we will take it and continue North West toward my manner.” He stated coolly and without any other warning got up and began toward a far corner in the restaurant. Our group followed a little reluctantly, but followed. Damien led us to door and down a dark hallway. From there we started to descend down an old latter that was rusted by moisture. He stopped about half way down the later and traced his figure along a drawing “aperio” he spoke the word so softly that I was barely able to catch it. The bricks began to move at first slow and then faster. The bricks dispersed revealing a concrete path. Damien stepped onto the path and the rest of us followed suit.

 

The mysterious tunnel was rather well kept to my surprise. I was expecting something damper and run down, this was however well kept with lights lining the laws to illuminate the path, though I doubted vampires needed such things. The path was fairly straight for the most part, and just when I thought things were getting boring, the path began to open up to several different twists and turns. We followed Damien closely so as not to get lost, it would be easy with as many turns that this place had.

 

“Why is this place like this?” I asked starting to feel a little disorientated by it all.

 

“These tunnels have been here for a very long time, there made this way so that even if someone or something stumbled on to them they would be lost for eternity only a vampire knows how to navigate these pathways.” Damien stated in a cold tone, he almost seemed lost in thought by it. I decided from seeing his dark expression not to ask any questions.

 

We began to take more abrupt turns and shorter hall ways, “H-How…” I couldn’t get my words out, the world began to spin around me as my body slowly turned numb. My legs were the first thing to give, I collapsed on the floor and peered up at my companions. I was disorientated, but I could see Lilith was being affected to now she was swaying back and forth groping for something to hold her up.

 

“Damn it! You did this you filthy scum!” Shouted a blurry figure that looked like a pissed off Nicholas.

 

Damien tried to squeeze past a protective Nicholas to get to me. He looked fierce with rage as well. “I did nothing! I was not the one behind this!” Screamed Damien with rage.

 

I reached up helplessly, I didn’t want them to fight, and even if Damien betrayed us I didn’t want them to fight. I tried desperately to reach for them to intervene, but my muscles were not listening. I felt numb and the world was fading in and out. I couldn’t pass out now though, I had to stop this, I had to do something.

 

Crack!!! A sudden figure appeared faster than I could process and bashed Damien over the head. It was the man from Thorn Valley. The man that swore revenge on Damien, he was here now and laughing at the sight before him.

 

“ I never thought it would be so easy,” The man snickered “ I told you I would catch you when you were off guard, now we will see who is stronger.”

 

“We have to get out of here now!” Shouted Nicholas at both Lilith and I. He scooped me up in his arms before I had the chance to protest and then tried to get to Lilith, but was stopped by another man. He couldn’t fight while holding me so he took off in the opposite direction back the way we came leaving both Damien and Lilith behind. I tried to cry out, to shout at him to go back, but my voice like my body was no longer working. I couldn’t say anything; I couldn’t plea for any of this to stop, no matter how bad I wanted it to.

 

We stopped running once we were far enough away, which I couldn’t really tell how far that was, my world had turned into a fuzzy blur everything was mixed together, nothing was sharp and focused anymore and I was barely able to fight the darkness closing in on my vision. The last thing I saw before that darkness consumed the last bit of my vision was Nicholas setting me down against a wall and then walking off back toward the fray, at least I think that’s the way he went, I wasn’t sure my since of direction like my vision was too far gone to be certain of anything.



© 2014 EvilAngel133


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014
Tags: Harvest Moon, Vampires, Elves, Romance, Teen, Young Adult, Fiction, EvilAngel133


Author

EvilAngel133
EvilAngel133

Mt.Morris, PA



About
I am 21 and have been writing stories for a few years now. I mostly write romance/fiction stories both teen and mature it depends on if its a fanfiction or requested story type, however most of my sto.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by EvilAngel133