Kick Your Body into Fighting Shape with these Tips for Kickboxing - Evolution MMA Miami

Kick Your Body into Fighting Shape with these Tips for Kickboxing - Evolution MMA Miami

A Story by Evolution MMA Miami
"

Most people, including professional athletes don’t have time to train all day every day. That’s why it’s important to make the most of your workout inside and outside of the gym.

"

Get Your Mind Right
Muay Thai kickboxer Joseph “Bazooka Joe” Valtellini understands the importance of prioritizing work, school, or family time to have as few obstacles as possible in the way of focusing on the fight. "One of my greatest strengths as a martial artist is the mental focus I've developed," says Valtellini. "I have a very strong, focused mind and I'm good at managing and separating my life stress, work stress, and my training. I keep my work problems and stress at work. When I'm there, I don't think about my training or fighting at all. Even the stress of a title fight, I just don't have time to think about that at work. I'm really focused on my job. But when I'm at the gym, my mind is completely focused on my training and nothing else."


No matter who you are, what you do, and what you have to deal with, partition your to-dos and focus only on training when you're in
kickboxing classes Miami.

Eat Clean
It’s important to consider the quality of the food you put into your hard-working body, even when you’re gaining mass of in between fights.

This way, you don’t have to rapidly cut excess fat before a fight. Eating clean allows you to slowly adjust caloric intake and safely drop pounds until you’re ready for weigh-ins. Be sure to eat a balanced diet with high-quality protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. If you’re an extremely busy person, it’s a good idea to prepare meals in advance to help keep your diet on track.

Focus on Flexibility
Stretching every day is an important part of any kickboxer’s training routine. Increasing flexibility is important for kicking high and to avoid injury during training and in competition. Although stretching is a part of the kickboxing Miami warm-up, you should spend at least 10 minutes every day on your own getting in a good, deep stretch. Each day you do a front-split, try to go a little bit lower. Remember to breathe deeply and relax while stretching.

Do Plenty of Pad Work

Pad work is important for building shoulder stamina, improving hand-eye coordination, and developing timing and distance. Proper timing is key for getting your combinations together and avoiding getting hit. Our kickboxing in Kendall schedule offers pads work-based classes 5 days per week.

 

Build Core Strength

Another crucial part of conditioning for a fight is to increase core strength. A strong core is essential for getting your legs up high for kicks as well as for being able to take shots to the body. Our advanced kickboxers at MMA Miami work on core conditioning at least twice a week to help get our fighters ready for the ring.

 

Explosive Cardio

Exhaustion is one of the quickest and worst- feeling ways to lose a fight. Not even the best fighter in the world can win a fight if he lacks the strength and energy to keep his hands up. Be sure to work lots of high-intensity interval training (HITT) into your training routine to be in the best fight shape possible.

 

Make Recovery a Priority

In combat sports, athletes take pride in physically pushing themselves to the brink and beating up their own bodies during training"all gas and no brakes. The best coaches seek to mitigate this risk and help their athletes thrive and grow stronger.

"More isn't always better,” says Costa Kladianos, head trainer and founder of Tempus Performance. Kladianos, who has trained athletes in the NHL, NBA, MLB, the UFC, and Glory Kickboxing, says "You have to make sure you're training hard enough, but take rest and recovery just as seriously.” “If you're pushing yourself to the point where you lack motivation, you're tired, and getting injured, you're over trained. You have to listen to your body. Everyone is different."

© 2017 Evolution MMA Miami


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on August 11, 2017
Last Updated on August 11, 2017
Tags: kickboxing miami, kickboxing classes miami, kickboxing kendall, kickboxing in kendall, kickboxing

Author

Evolution MMA Miami
Evolution MMA Miami

Miami, FL



About
Evolution MMA’s kickboxing classes provide an opportunity to escape the chaos of your day to workout with like-minded, friendly and easy-going training partners. When your body is engaged in a f.. more..

Writing