Stars and Moonlight

Stars and Moonlight

A Poem by Not enough words on the planet...
"

A story I wrote of Bloody Marry

"

Stars And Moonlight

She stood in the window staring up as the moonlight settled delicately over her body the weight of the ax still heavy in her hand from her latest kill. as she turned to face herself in the mirror she smiled at the memory that lurked just behind her eyelids. she smiled as she remembered the first brutal blow; how she had been so nice and quiet until she raised the ax above her head and brought it down with full force.


as she turned to away from the mirror and walked, ever so silently, through the room she ran her fingers over the browning stream of blood that sprayed across the wall when she had plunged the ax into the chest of her victim. she frowned in disgust at the long white nightgown that gently trailed down to her ankles...but her lips quirked ever so slightly at the large crimson palmprints that stretched across the  skirt she wore.


as she once again began to grin she turned and walked up the old wooden staircase to go into the boy’s room. as she shimmied around the corner into the room she quietly leaned the ax against the wall in favor of picking up the knife she had used to end the boy’s life. she carefully ran her fingers along the blade giggling to herself quietly as the thick red substance painted her hands in lovely colors. she gripped the knife tightly as she walked into the bathroom to look herself in the mirror once again...as she moved the thick black locks of hair out of her face the blood on her hands left patterns on her cheeks and forehead. she then turned back to the room before her, deep in thought, as she remembered tiptoeing into the boy’s bedroom and standing next to the bed, watching, waiting, for just the right moment to plunge the knife up and down over and over again until the boy’s breathing ceased forever. she then turned and walked out of the room, setting the knife down on the boys night stand as she did, and exiting the room.


as she tiptoed down the long hallway, the rough fabric of the carpet scratching her bare feet with every step,  she arrived at a door. as she grabbed the sticky blood covered door knob she pushed the door open, as she walked into the parents room she saw the broken glass from the shattered mirror scattered about the floor. she bent down to pick up the piece of glass that she had deemed worthy of being the weapon she used to end the lives of the two lying in the bed she was standing next to and, once again, looked at her reflection. the only thing damping the image that was in front of her eyes was a full moon's glow shining brightly through the window behind her and  reflecting off the shattered glass. she turned and began to trace patterns on the wall as she remembered the short but stern blows she inflicted on the two that laid next to her in an eternal sleep.


as she slowly opened the door she walked out of the bedroom and down the hall to the door with the name Anny  spelled out in light pink on the front of it. as she slowly eased the door open she walked into the room and up to the cradle where the sleeping baby laid in front of her. she slowly reached her hand down and brushed the baby's cheek with her knuckles before drawing her hand back and saying softly “happy halloween Anny” as she spoke she remembered back many years ago to that cold halloween night in 1842...the night she died. as the child began to stir she smiled down at her and said “the names mary...i’m going to be your new mother now,” as she smiled down at the child she remembered that halloween...so many years ago.


she was 22 years old, she had a daughter named Evangelista...just a baby; then came the plague…

she had lost her daughter that summer, and by october she couldn’t live with it anymore. so, she climbed up to the top of the highest building in the village and as she stood on the ledge and gazed up at the full moon’s light she said “never again shall I feel this pain,” and just let go and just like that...it was over.  when she opened her eyes she saw other people...but they couldn’t see her; it took mary quite some time to figure out she was in a mirror, every mirror, and she could go anywhere and do anything she wanted and no one could stop her. but eventually she couldn’t take watching people be happy and live their lives...the life she so desperately wanted but  could never have. so eventually, one cold halloween night, she just snapped...and ever since then they called her bloody mary.


as mary turned back to the cradle from the window she said sadly “all i ever wanted was someone to love...i hope you can understand that.”  and with that Mary walked up to the edge of the cradle as scooped up the young girl that laid in the bed beneath her and as she held the young girl in her arms she gently rocked her and said “and now i have found one.” Mary then turned and walked through the mirror into her realm, the baby wrapped tenderly in her arms…


The End





© 2016 Not enough words on the planet...


Author's Note

Not enough words on the planet...
My apologies to readers about and errors in the punctuation or capitalization. I was 11 when I wrote this and it was late so, please forgive the imperfections.
Please comment and tell me what you all thought ;}.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Dhiman, it is my Mom's favorite.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This was beautiful, the way it held an intensity from the first paragraph it was wonderful... It was intriguing and very descriptive... I like the way you told the story in a perfectly described tone... The characters seemed alive with a vivid imagery that you have presented...

The most important part of your writing was your way of storytelling... As you said you wrote it when you were 11, it looks amazing other than some little errors in spelling...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2016
Last Updated on May 29, 2016

Author

Not enough words on the planet...
Not enough words on the planet...

TN



About
I live in Tennessee, I love to write, I'm a photographer, I love animals, I want to see what the world thinks of my work. ;} more..

Writing