Fear

Fear

A Poem by Not enough words on the planet...
"

Fear is the one thing that is within us all...

"

Fear

Fear, fear is the only thing that can make something both volatile and docile.

Fear can make one act as though they are a puppet, if you pull on the right strings you can make

something do anything.

Fear is something that is within us all.

Fear is something that is unavoidable.

And fear is something that is absolutely and completely, indestructible.


Fear can be pushed aside, fear can even be ignored; but the one thing it can’t be is forgotten.


Since the very beginning of time, when nothing more that sea creatures existed, there has always been fear.

Even in the deepest depths of the ocean fear lurked, lurked within every living thing.

Fear is a relentless adversary that is always hunting like a predator, watching, waiting, stalking it’s prey and it’s every move.


There is no escaping it, though one can trick themselves into believing they fear one thing, deep down inside it is often another...far more sinister threat.


Few can truly face it but all know it is there, your true fears.

The fears that keep you up at night.

The fear that endlessly pull and gnaw at your insides.


While one can pretend that such fears don’t exist it is still always there, sitting just behind your eyelids, waiting patiently like a predator stalking it’s prey.

Given the opportunity one such predator will  seize its victim, giving it no chance of escape.


No Matter what, no matter how many thousands of year life exists, fear, shall never die.

But, than again, fear can never live either.


Fear is the one enemy someone can face that is both alive and dead, but yet, never living to begin with.


It is strange really, it can be the most frightening horror anyone could ever have to face but yet, it was never there to be seen in the first place.

Fear is the living nightmare that haunts us all but yet, still, is never there when one dares to look for it...

© 2016 Not enough words on the planet...


Author's Note

Not enough words on the planet...
Let me know what you thought...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on June 10, 2016
Last Updated on June 10, 2016

Author

Not enough words on the planet...
Not enough words on the planet...

TN



About
I live in Tennessee, I love to write, I'm a photographer, I love animals, I want to see what the world thinks of my work. ;} more..

Writing