Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Expression
"

I have tried many times to write a novel and I haven't finished one yet. Here's the first chapter of one of my attempts, tell me what you think.

"

Another day of this thing she called her life was the last straw for her.  As usual, Serena got up at six o'clock in the morning and noticed her husband wasn't there. She'd then get up, shoewr, change, have breakfast, and wonder if he ever came home the night before. Then Serena would head out to work at the law firm she hated, praying the day would go by fast. When it was over, she'd head home (or what she called home) for dinner by herself and a night of reading or working. Sometimes she would wonder if that good for nothing man was coming home but usually she didn't even waste her time. So much for living happily ever after.
 
You see, it didn't use to be like this. Five or so days of not seeing her spouse, going to a job where she was miserable were things Serena never even thought of. She knew that would never happen to her. Then he called less and less. He snuck in their bed later and later. He 'worked' more, and more, and more. She thought nothing of it. 'He's just working hard. It'll let up soon', she thought.Later the 'I love you's' became less frequent. The look he use to give her ceased. He wouldn't even touch her. That's when Serena knew, She knew she had been replaced.
 
The things he told her still rung in her head. ' I'm going to take good care of you' and 'I'll always be there.' When they were courting she'd hear that all the time. Then they married and she began hearing 'I have to work late,' 'Why don't you bring in a paycheck,' and 'I'm tired.' It didn't make much sense when it all started. But later Serena grew up, became wiser, and realized what was happening. She was no longer number one in his life. 
 
Being one of those women who knows she's in love still needs proof. She took off work all the time, followed him from work to where ever he was when he wasn't with her. Turns out like she knew it was, but didn't want to face it. It was another woman. Younger, more naive than she was when they got together. There was also another woman who wasn't as young but with a child she thought was her husband's. Finally when he wasn't with either one of them he was with a man. Young and one of Serena's co-workers. What ever happened to loving, honoring, and cherishing your spouse?
 
Furious is what she was. She could't bring herself to think rationally. So she packed her things, set fire to their home, and called his cell from a payphone telling him to come home. After that, she cleared both her and their joint bank accounts and closed them. Serena quit her job and moved back to her childhood home fo New York City since Georgia really wasn't much of a hometown to her. She knew there was a possibility that he could find her but she had no reason to fear him. He knew better than to put his hands on her and  she could always expose his alternative lifestyle to hit him where it really hurt. She wanted to start her life over. She wanted to be happy. Serena just wanted her happily ever after.



© 2008 Expression


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg this was an awesome start to what sounds like an amazing book. Funnily enough, I recently started something like this however the male teenager version where he is unhappy with his life... and choses to escape it and run away. If u ever get a chance read over it and let me know what u think. Good work thouhg!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Holy crap, this girl knows how to end a relationship! Awsome story. I really, REALLY hope you finish this one. I would love to read more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


its not bad! the first paragraph sort of sucks me in the story, but one part of me wants to go not continue. i like the concept etc and its not bad. Except avoid cliches =x thats all i have to say. I hope you send me your 2nd chapter if you finish it =d

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 28, 2008


Author

Expression
Expression

Oxon Hill, MD



Writing
Masterpiece Masterpiece

A Story by Expression


Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Expression