Percy's Curse Chapter 2

Percy's Curse Chapter 2

A Chapter by EJ Williams
"

Read more on my website ejsmagazine.wordpress.com

"

I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for the laughter to die out. “You look adorable.” Dorian cooed, scratching the spot on my head between the dog ears.

I swatted his hand away and stuck my tongue out at him. “See I told you, you look cute!” Lisette remarked, smothering a laugh.

Dorian waved at John as he walked into the restaurant. John came toward us, then stopped in his tracks bursting out laughing when he saw the ears. “You really should stop trusting Lisette’s potions.”

Lisette crossed her hands over her chest and tried to pout through her smile, her cheeks quivering with the effort. “Hey, it did get rid of his hangover!”

John chuckled at her, gave Dorian a kiss, and slide into the booth beside him. “So how was your first practice as the leading man?”

Dorian rolled his eyes, “I’m hardly the leading man.”

“You have lines in almost every scene, you sing a song!”

“Two songs.” Dorian whispered, his face turning red.

John’s eyes widened, “Two songs! Then you should have no problem stealing the show!”

Dorian snorted, “I’m not you.” Lisette patted my arm and pointed at the bathrooms before sliding out of the booth and heading that direction.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” John asked in his too loud voice. I smiled, glad the conversation had been permanently shifted from my appearance.

“Oh you know.” Dorian rolled his eyes around the room as if searching for the right words in the busy restaurant. “You’re the steal the show, leading man type. I’m not.”

“I’m not even an actor.”

“That’s not the point.” Dorian shook his head with a laugh. I rested my chin on my hands and watched them go back and forth. To be brutally honest I didn’t like John much when he first joined our group, first started dating Dorian. He was conceited. Rude. Always had to be the center of attention. It was nice to see him put Dorian in the spotlight. Somewhere on the road he had changed for the better and I had the sneaking suspicion it was all because of Dorian.

“Then what is the point?” John asked with a smile. Dorian just shook his head in exasperation. John’s smile grew bigger. “You never answered my question. How did the practice go?”

Dorian shrugged, “Well enough.”

John rolled his eyes, smirking slightly. “How difficult do you plan on being today? Because I don’t have time to dig through all your shrugs to find the real answers.”

Dorian sighed. “The director’s a little unprofessional. He showed up late. And all his attention was on his star. He didn’t make a single comment to me or the other actors.”

John grinned mischievously, “All the more reason to steal the show.” Dorian rolled his eyes again as Lisette slid back into the booth beside me.

John turned his gaze to me. “We haven’t talked near enough about Percy’s new ears. We’ve totally neglected the topic.”

I stuck my tongue out at him. “Neglect away.”

“What do you put in your potions to get these side effects?” Dorian asked Lisette.

Lisette put a finger to her lips and winked. “A witch never reveals her secrets.”



© 2017 EJ Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017
Tags: queer, queer characters, fantassy, adventure, journey, witch, lgbt, asexual, aromantic