Blue

Blue

A Story by Foster L
"

This text was written specifically for my group titled Describe Colors, and was written because I wanted to challenge my describing abilities.

"

The barely-there lines that run just beneath the skin of your arm when you flex your wrist.

It’s the water so still and delicate you worry it will break; until a stone is thrown, shattering the glass-like surface and sending multiplying ripples through the liquid.

You look up, not a cloud in sight.

Her lips when her fever is at its peak. She’s trembling, eyes wide with fear and the utmost discomfort.

The powder smudged all over her tiny eyelids the first time her mother lets her play with her makeup. Naturally she chooses the brightest shade she can find.

Out in the middle of the ocean, not a hint of human life can be seen. Nothing but the water and the cloudless sky that blend together at the seams, gaining the ability to swallow us completely.

The denim of his pants; the pants that have accompanied him through these last few months of bliss. 

© 2016 Foster L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016
Tags: color, description, paragraph

Author

Foster L
Foster L

Alberta, Canada



About
I'm a 16 year old girl who loves writing for pleasure. I've never done anything with my writing but love any constructive criticism, comments, ideas or anything else you'd like to share with me! :) more..

Writing
His Tattoo His Tattoo

A Poem by Foster L