Love's Broken (Chapter 2)

Love's Broken (Chapter 2)

A Story by Taylor
"

the next chapter.

"

A subtle cough sounded from the hallway while Sienna was admiring the way the Manolitos' looked at each other. She turned to see if Vanessa had produced the cough, but she was still with Sean, playing and having a jovial time. She searched who had created the small disturbance, until she came upon a pair of eyes so dark and sinister; she felt an involuntary shiver crawl up her spine. There, in the hallway, stood a tall, handsome young man. His charcoal black hair almost covered his forest green eyes. He had almost shoulder length hair that seemed stay in place. He looked very young to be called a man, but still old enough to be called extremely handsome. He wore expensive looking jeans and blazer that was appropriate for his appearance. He looked gorgeous.
The man put a strained smile on his face as he glided into the room. He didn’t make eye contact with Sienna at all. How terribly rude, was that? "Isabella, Aiden, lets not try to make our guest sick here." He said, implying to their signs of affection.

His voice was lethal; it seemed out of this world. So melodically beautiful…

Aiden reluctantly let go of his wife, as she slid from his grip. Isabella flashed Sienna a sheepish smile. "Sorry about that…sometimes we forget ourselves."

"Oh, of course; don’t apologize. It's perfectly fine." Sienna stated dreamily. She smiled to show she meant what she said. The couple just beamed and linked hands. She felt awkward with this man almost glaring at her.
"Oh! I'm sorry." Isabella gasped, as she saw the young master. "I have forgotten my manners. Sienna, this is young master Riley Channing. Riley, this is Sienna Miller."

Sienna had never seen such a beautiful creature in all her life. He seemed to be chiseled from stone, perfect features. She stood there motionless for a few seconds, then extended her hand. Riley gave a humorless smile and seemed reluctant to shake her hand.

"Well," she began, feeling awkward once again, "we better get going; Nessa and I both have school tomorrow, so-" Sienna was interrupted by Isabella giving a squeal of delight.
"Oh, what school do you go to, dear?" she asked beaming. Aiden gently laid his hand on her shoulder to try to calm her giddiness.

"Oh, um, I will be going to Venus Heights High School. Actually, its right up the road…" she trailed off, somewhat understanding why Isabella was so excited. Sienna side glanced at Riley, who was rolling his eyes.

"Wonderful! You and Riley will be attending the same school. Isn’t that just wonderful, Riley? You have a friend already." Isabella really did seem like his mother.
She didn’t like Riley, She already knew she didn’t; he wasn’t right… his gaze pierced hers and he sighed.

"Yes…it's lovely." He muttered. And Riley already didn’t like her.

 


Sienna was jerked awake from a wonderfully sexy dream about her mysterious dream man, who was oh-so close from pressing his sensuous lips to hers, by her god damned alarm clock. Jesus Christ, she was cranky in the morning. Sienna hobbled out of her warm, inviting bed to go splash some water on her face to wake myself up in the bathroom. Today was the day. She went to high school for the last year of her entire life, and she couldn’t wait! It’s a new school, new people, new adventures, and a new start. A fresh start, oh yes, today was going to be an awesome day.
Sienna certainly was not thinking of Riley when she had decided this, though.

Sienna fed Kane before she left for school, patting him on the head and cooing in his ear. The only thing she felt somewhat self-conscious about was her poor little Volvo, Sienna felt as if she was tarnishing her new high school's reputation by driving this into the parking lot. She sighed. The drive to Venus Heights High School was a quiet one, mostly because of her nerves. Sienna had never felt so many butterflies fluttering around in her stomach before in her entire life! She felt queasy, which was a new one; she was usually so excited to take on a new journey such as this, but for once, she felt…nervous. She was not at all pleased with this odd and uninvited feeling flitting through her body. This was supposed to be her day to blossom, so to speak. She was supposed to make friends and laugh and joke, smiling at everyone she met. But suddenly, Sienna wasn’t at all in the mood for that.

Now she was determined to feel better. As her Volvo, eased into the parking lot, sputtering black smoke, everyone turned and stared.  Embarrassing much? Sienna put on her most ready smile and briskly walked toward my new school; her backpack slinked over one shoulder, and her purse draped over the other.

Sienna shyly walked through the grand and ornate halls of her new high school; she never felt so out of place. She saw people walking and talking to people that they obviously had known for a long time, or were at least acquainted with. Girls were squealing to each other about how they haven’t seen each other in forever. She smiled, but on the inside she felt alone in this new world of elegance and class.
Her determination would turn out to be a problem.

Sienna read her schedule that she had picked up over the summer, and read over the room numbers trying to figure out where her first class would be. After aimlessly walking around lost, for what seemed to be an embarrassing eternity, she finally summed up enough courage to ask a teaching figure where her class was. He looked down at her with scrutinizing eyes, seeming to see right through my façade of uniformed plaid skirt and buttoned up top, and right into her less than privileged self. He directed Sienna in the right direction, telling her that she’d passed it on her way over to him.

Sienna’s entire day consisted of her getting lost and having to suck up her pride every time, asking an authority-figure where to go. By eighth period, she looked defeated; she hadn’t made a single friend and was getting curious glances every two seconds. She slumped in her chair, trying to mentally prepare herself for another 'new school year' lecture from her teacher.

Sienna sat in the back, away from prying eyes, the same seat she’d been taking in every class that day. It was considerably quieter in the back, and no body bothered her. But that suddenly changed when she spotted two green eyes gazing predatorily in her direction. She blinked. It was the first time she’d seen him all day, and to be honest, she was glad for that. But now Sienna had to face him once more…or maybe not. Maybe she could just easily become blissfully unaware of his presence completely. As if I had never met him before in my life. Yeah, right.

Nonchalantly, Riley Channing took a seat right next to hers. Sienna ducked her head into the book she was reading, pretending not to notice. She realized how ridiculous she must've looked, burying her nose so deep into the pages of a book until she went cross-eyed.

She realized she was way out of her element.

© 2009 Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zak
I must review this work.
The description of Riley is, what can I say, awesome.
You've also founded Sienna extremely well. The way she walks around the school, trying to figure out all her classes, and the Volvo. It is an awesome way to describe a character and get the reader to understand where they stand.
Great!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zak
I must review this work.
The description of Riley is, what can I say, awesome.
You've also founded Sienna extremely well. The way she walks around the school, trying to figure out all her classes, and the Volvo. It is an awesome way to describe a character and get the reader to understand where they stand.
Great!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 6, 2009

Author

Taylor
Taylor

Arnaudville, LA



Writing