Love's Broken (Chapter 3)

Love's Broken (Chapter 3)

A Story by Taylor
"

the 3rd chapter

"

"Is that a good book?" a mockingly arrogant voice sounded from beside her.

She subtly glanced over to see where he was exactly, and caught a glimpse of his slashing green eyes. Sienna quickly glanced away. "Yeah, it's wonderful." she mumbled; at least she wasn’t lying.

Being around Riley was so awkward, she thought, trying not to look over at him. But then again, she’d only known him for about twenty-four hours. Her heart was going into overdrive and adrenaline was pumping hard and fast through her veins. Was sitting in such close proximity to this person causing such an odd reaction from her? Maybe it was just because she thought he was exceedingly handsome. Whatever it was, it made her feel almost as nauseous as she was about school.

"Miss Miller," Riley began.

"Sienna, please." she interjected, feeling a little more confidant now.

He corrected himself. "Sienna, I just wanted to apologize for last night." That caught her by surprise; She looked at him, staring intensely into those dark green eyes. "I wasn’t feeling like myself, and I came off as a bit rude." He flashed a movie star smile at her and she forgot to breathe. How was it that someone could do that?


It took her while to find her voice, but that was because he’d messed up whatever confidence she had left. "Oh." He raised an eyebrow at her choice of words…er, word. So she improvised. "That’s fine, I completely understand. It's normal." Sienna gave him a false smile neither of them believed and turned her attention back to her book.




"Thank god, that’s over with…" Sienna muttered as she plopped down on her bed. The first day of her new school, that was supposed to be the coolest thing in the whole world, was a terrible disaster. She just didn’t understand what went wrong. Was it me, she thought. Did nobody want to talk to the new girl? She couldn’t very well just ignore that feeling of being ostracized. She doubted that she had a huge sign printed on her forehead that said, 'New girl, no parents. Just ignore me.' So then what the hell was wrong with her? "Ugh." She smothered her face in a pillow. Kane came up on the bed, hearing my misery, and crawled under the covers, against her legs. For some reason, that was his favorite spot…

Her foul mood soon dissipated and she went into a cleaning frenzy for the rest of the day. By the time she was finished the entire apartment was spotless. She felt better as she inspected her work. All in all, the apartment looked like a disinfectant commercial.

The rest of the night she just did her homework and fell asleep early. Sienna wanted the day to be over with; she just wanted to escape as quickly as possible. But her silent night was soon interrupted by horrible dreams of blood and hideous monsters. Death surrounded her in a fashion of lust and greed. It made Sienna’s unconsciousness sick to its stomach, and hers too when she woke up. It was filled with sadness and anger; full blown rage. And vengeance; so much so that she awoke, three hours before her alarm was supposed to go off.

Sienna couldn’t go back to sleep after the dreams she’d witnessed. She felt too awake; too shaken, to even think about closing my eyes again... So, Sienna emptied three cups of coffee before she took a cold shower and went through the rest of her morning routine.

Sienna drove Vanessa to her school after picking her up at Barbara's, since it was on the way to hers. Too bad I can’t go back to second grade, she thought. As she parked her rusty Volvo at the very back of the school, she spotted a convertible T-top Trans-am that looked so out of place with all the other cars. This one blew the others right out of the parking lot. Its sleek blood red coat shined in the early morning sun. There was a lone onyx stripe from the center front of the car reaching all the way to its spoiler. It seemed to be the 1977 model and it was smoking hot. Compared to the other expensive automobiles in the parking lot, excluding hers, it was the best of the best. Sienna was a car fanatic because of my father.

"It's a nice car isn’t it?" a voice rung from behind her. Sienna literally jumped out of her skin, the way Kane does every time she comes up from behind him and tries to scare the hell out of him. Where the hell did he come from? She shot Riley a glare and noticed his gleaming smile. Those teeth are ridiculously white, she thought to herself. "Well?" he motioned to the car again, with an arrogantly satisfied look on his face.

She hadn’t even realized that she was gawking at the vehicle again. But she couldn’t help it; if Dad was still alive, Sienna probably would’ve called him on the spot and have told him about it. He would’ve freaked.  "Is it yours?" Sienna asked slowly.
He nodded his head when she glanced at him again. Of course it was his. His and her cars were the only ones this far back in the parking lot. I could understand why his was there, he didn’t want any reckless moron to hit it or scratch it. Smart move. Sienna swiftly turned away, realizing she was staring again, not at the car but at him this time. "Well, its nice, I guess" her tone indicated she wasn’t the least bit impressed, but he already knew by her earlier response that Sienna was madly in love with it.

Sienna began to walk away when she heard him, well not really; he was completely silent and graceful, but she noticed him right beside her. She awkwardly walked beside him to the main building and tried to ditch him there, but once again, he was beside her. "So, how are you?" he asked.

"Just peachy” she replied sarcastically, “ is there a reason as to why you're following me?" she asked without skipping a beat. He was getting on her nerves. Their first introduction to each other was a rude one, and now he acted as if he was never that jackass at his house. Other than her initially not liking him, she just got an odd feeling whenever she was close to him; an uncomfortable feeling, as if he was not the person she viewed him as.

"Your first class is right next to mine." Riley simply responded with his nonchalant and mocking voice. Sienna gave a grunt of indignation and walked into her AP English class.

© 2009 Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 10, 2009

Author

Taylor
Taylor

Arnaudville, LA



Writing