Eternal Scene One

Eternal Scene One

A Screenplay by Fallen_Immortal
"

A century long battle between love and hate rages on.

"

EXT. CITY ROOFS - NIGHT

 

Fade in:
 

An evil storm is setting in over the noise of a silent city. Blackness engulfs the lights as they struggle to stay bright and bold and to fight away the cruelties that surround it. The CAMERA PANS across, towards the impending clouds that loom above and blot out the sky. 

 

We watch a lone CAR 1 drive by, rattling its engine and hurrying down the street and around the corner and out of sight, leaving the street in solitude once again.
 

Thunder rolls in the distance, causing a few car HORNS to BEEP and ALARMS to SOUND. Then all sound disappears, as if sucked into a vacuum, and all is silent for the moment before it begins to pour.

 

Lightning FLASHES as the CAMERA PANS UP a tall building to find a black figure perched upon the railing. The figure's cloak flaps in the breeze. Then it turns its head.
 

It is DIERDRE DESDEMON.
 

DIERDRE stares off into the distance. The hood of her cloak fails to cover the blazing red hair that streams down her shoulders like blood. She turns her head and tilts it and listens, statue like and still, listening with the skill of hundreds of years, for the sound of a HEARTBEAT.
 

EXT. ALLEY - NIGHT
 

 

Feet POUND in rhythm with the HEARTBEAT as a man runs through the streets and slams through doorways.
 

EXT. CITY ROOFS - NIGHT
 

 

DIERDRE turns her head back and closes her eyes, calming herself and centering herself. Her face relaxes. She slips inside of herself and lets out a sigh.
 

Then she stands and opens her eyes just a little. LIGHTNING FLASHES, and she silently falls off the building.
 

She flips and turns, the WIND whooshing by her, wrapping her in her ebony cloak, so she looks like a falling phantom.
 

EXT. ALLEY - NIGHT
 

 

Then she hits the pavement in a billow of DUST.
 

The DUST billows into a cloud and takes a few moments to settle, in which the towering form of DIERDRE develops in the mist.
 

We see her face, calm and relaxed, as the FALL OF FEET echo from close by.

 

SHERIDAN

You have always enjoyed making an entrance, Dierdre.
 

He smiles faintly then looks away, remembering himself, and returns his face with a cold steel look of hatred.
 

DIERDRE

So have you.

 

She opens her eyes and returns his gaze of pure hatred.
 

DIERDRE

That may be one of the reasons I first fell in love with you, Sheridan.
 

SHERIDAN turns with a wave of his cloak and unsheathes his KATANA, poising it above his head.

 

SHERIDAN

Really? Would that be?
 

Suddenly he lunges forward at her. In one fluid movement, she drops her cloak and flings around and meets her KATANA with his. They bash around blades for a little bit, then become neck to neck, sword to sword. DIERDRE is obviously struggling somewhat, while SHERIDAN remains cool and composed.

 

SHERIDAN

Remind you of old times?
 

DIERDRE

Somewhat.
 

DIERDRE pushes him away. She attacks him once again, but he grabs her wrist and twists it around her back and pushes his KATANA to her throat.
 

SHERIDAN

Still you fail to anticipate my movements. After all these years, I would expect better from you.

 

DIERDRE

No, not failed. Merely predicted.
 

She knew he would do this, gloating over his victory, and takes use of his pause to turn him around and smash his face with the handle of her blade. Blood trickles from his nose and he wipes it away as he steps back.

 

SHERIDAN

Very good, Dierdre. But it is still I who have made the only kill of the two of us.
 

DIERDRE

As if that matters?
 

SHERIDAN lunges forward again and their blades crash and sing as they do their magical, graceful dance of death. They tango for a while, then DIERDRE grabs his wrist and twirls with his momentum until she is right next to him.

 

DIERDRE

Do you ever wonder what would have happened between us had you not have killed me?
 

SHERIDAN

Sometimes.
 

Suddenly he knees her in the stomach. DIERDRE bends over in agony, her face contorted in pain as he hits her hard in the back and she crumples to the asphalt. SHERIDAN steps back and swipes his blade out, slicing her stomach wide.

 

SHERIDAN

And once again, you lie here ready to fall at my hand.
 

He twirls his KATANA over his head and poises it ready to plunge into her heart just a few mere feet below. DIERDRE glares up at him.
 

DIERDRE

Not this time.
 

She reaches out and drags her fallen KATANA across the ground and plunges it into his foot. SHERIDAN screams, allowing her to jump up, ready to attack again. Suddenly they are in a wrestling match for one another's swords as hers flies out of her hands. They scramble for his, and she knocks it free and sends it away, and dives for her own on the ground.
 

She rolls, and comes up with KATANA in her hand, to find an empty street. A soggy NEWSPAPER rolls across the ground in the wind. There is no sign of life. No sign of Sheridan.
 

DIERDRE clutches her bleeding stomach and drops her KATANA. It ECHOES across the buildings as she falls to her knees. She did not succeed this night. The one she loves still lives, but so does she.
 

© 2008 Fallen_Immortal


Author's Note

Fallen_Immortal
I have very little experience with screen plays. This is actually my first one that I've gotten around to even formatting. Any advice or comments on what I can do to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sadly, am unable to read the script. The screenplay formatting does not work on here. My suggestion is to copy and paste it to note pad or word and then recopy and paste.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I adore the passion , created in the mixture of hate and love.
Death and love are the most sublime ,things that could be treated in any literary creation.

The ambient of the urban zone in the night, and the undead fighters are a great choice for the intense feelings you communicate.

The sequence ,, SHERIDAN lunges forward again and their blades crash and sing as they do their magical, graceful dance of death.,, is fascinating really =D !

*****Screenplay.

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 10, 2008
Last Updated on July 10, 2008

Author

Fallen_Immortal
Fallen_Immortal

About
I'm a young girl, seeking to better understand my own writing before I can accomplish all that I wish. My dreams are vast and many, yet I have found that I am not ready to obtain them. I have much mor.. more..

Writing