"witch craft essay"

"witch craft essay"

A Story by FallynAngyl
"

this is not mine by any means, but something i came across quite a few years ago.

"

this is not mine by any means,

but something i came across quite a few years ago.

   I was reading someone's online diary and i found an essay they wrote for a CHRISTIAN ETHICS CLASS. i thought i'd share it w/ all of you. i lost the url though which really sucks. :(

 

**

 

 

Being a Witch is better than being a Christian. There are many reasons why Witchcraft is a better religion than being Christian, including knowing what you are worshiping, having a handbook that is like a bible that you have written yourself, and you can be an individual.

 

Firstly, the fact to point out is that Witchcraft is an acknowledged religion in the United States, and in some parts of Canada. "In 1985, Dettmet V. Landon, the District Court of Virginia pursuant to rule 52 (a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, ruled that Witchcraft falls within a recognized religious category and therefore is protected by the Constitution." Woman started off as being Witches, to find healing and strength, in a feminist way. Witchcraft also began as a pre-Christian religion of some ethnic groups such as Celtic or Greek. There are also male witches, not as many in North America, but there are more men than female Witches in Britain. They too go by the name "Witch", and not "Warlock", because that name means oath-breaker, and they will get offended if you call them a Warlock.

 

Knowing what or who you are worshiping is a plus to Witchcraft. Christians worship something that they have never seen nor heard, or experienced using their six senses. Witches are the opposite. They know what they are worshiping, because they experience it every day. They worship the Universe. One Witch said "There is One power, the All, which is composed of everything It ever created. It does not rule over the Universe [as the Christian god does], it 'is' the Universe." Witches call this divine the Goddess and the God, but they are nothing like the Christian god. They can call them by several other names, such as Astartc, Isis, Odin, Pan or Diana. Some witches find it hard to call upon their god by those names, so they usually prefer to her as the "Goddess". They see her as the natural life force, Mother Nature, and the Earth. For Christians, they see their god as the creator of all this, their god rules all, but is not the Earth or Mother Nature. With the practicers of Witchcraft, they see, hear, touch, smell, taste and "feel" using their sixth sense, the Earth, and the Goddess all the time. But for Christians, they have never experienced their god as any of that. They simply follow his rules and read his "holy" book. Learning and listening to somebody they have never experienced before.

 

Witches do have a handbook, like a bible, but it is a lot more personal than the Christian's bible. They do not call their book a "bible", but rather, "Book of Shadows". Contained in this book is their own writing, spells, rituals, poetry, herb information, or simply a personal journal or diary. There is no rule as to what must be contained in their book, unlike Christians, Judaism or Islam.

 

Witches have different beliefs, depending on the group. The philosophy of Witchcraft is "re-uniting" them with the life-force of nature. They believe that religion is not a series of rules or beliefs, but somewhat of a belief in themselves that they have the ability to reach out and experience the unknown. Each witch has their own individual beliefs and practices, unlike Christians, who think that if they break one of the Ten Commandments, or any of God's other rules, they run the risk of burning in hell.

 

Another bonus of Witchcraft is that they do not believe in the concept of hell or Satan. What they believe in is what they call the "law of return." Where if you do something good or bad to somebody or something, something good or bad will happen to you in return, and vice-versa.

 

Despite this fact, Witches are automatically associated with evil.

 This is because of a mistranslation of the Hebrews Old Testament "Ha-satan", and the Greek's New Testament. "diabolos", simply meaning "rival". Satanism is totally different from Witchcraft, where Satanism is a rebellion against Christianity, and Witchcraft is not. The only issue that Witches have against Christians is the Christian belief that their religion is the only way to the almighty.

 

The way you become a Witch is different from how you become a Christian. Witchcraft is not pushed upon you, unlike most other worldwide religions. With Christianity, you are born, you are assumed to believe in God, and you are brought up to believe in God and practice his rules. Some must also sign a religious contract, Baptism, to show their belief in God,

before they even know what a "god" is. For example, when the antichrist was rumored to be arriving in Columbia in 1996, more than 7000 children were recorded to be baptized within six hours. The parents were afraid that their children would be marked with "666" if their soul were not saved before June 6, 1996 (the last number of that year, month and day were all sixes). However, with being a witch, their beliefs and practices are not pushed upon you. If you are interested in being a witch, you have to research on how to become one yourself. Other witches will not show up on your doorstep trying to sell you their religion. If you want to be a Witch, you have to be determined to be one.

 

Both Christians and Witches have holidays. One, which they both celebrate, All Hallows Eve, or most commonly called, Hallowe'en. Numerous Witches celebrate the turning of seasons, change of tides, or individual needs. They celebrate by having rituals (similar to how Christians go to church every Sunday to worship their god). Witches usually have their

rituals outside, marked by a circle, unlike Christians, who use taxpayers money to build churches. Witches use the Earth herself as a sacred ground.

 

Two things happen with the circle they draw- magick (the "k" was added to differentiate between witch magic and the stage magician magic), and celebration. Magic is not practiced by all witches, again, it is what you want to practice- if you don't like the idea of magic, you do not have to do it. On the Sabbats (or holy days), the Witches act out what happened in history. Magick is usually performed at smaller meetings, with one coven (a group of up to 13 members), so that the magick doesn't get out of hand.

               The purpose of their magick is to bring good to those they want it to.

 

The main reason for becoming a Witch is to let them have a religion, but at the same time, celebrate it with individuality. The "Canadian Atheist" is quoted to say "The Christian church has left nothing untouched by it's depravity; it has turned every value into worthlessness, and every truth into a lie." Being a Witch is better than being Christian because it lets you "have your cake and eat it too."

*******************************************


........               


Ok so now i'm a bit older i see its at least only a high school level, but at the time i found it amusing.

© 2012 FallynAngyl


Author's Note

FallynAngyl
the usual of my postings, i dont care about formatting and grammar, it is copied here as it was given to me, some spelling i fixed because it bothers me, but the grammar stays as it was.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012

Author

FallynAngyl
FallynAngyl

SK, Canada



About
Just sharing things from my early teen years. Writings belong to me. please don't share or take without asking. more..

Writing
Dreamscape Dreamscape

A Story by FallynAngyl


Pt 1 Pt 1

A Chapter by FallynAngyl