Providence hospital, paranormal type ramblings

Providence hospital, paranormal type ramblings

A Story by FallynAngyl
"

fiction, and personal accounts of events

"

Providence Hospital




Providence Hospital is an abandoned hospital in my home town. It has only been abandoned since around the late 80s, and was demolished around 2009, many of the people my age were also born there.


It holds alot of power.
alot of signs suggest it is location
on crossing lay-lines(sorry if spelt wrong)
and thus attracts alot of "curious" amateurs.


there are three main spirits.
a young girl.
a "grey" nurse (possibly a nun)
and the Dark Man.

the girl is rarely seen,
but often felt and heard,
and has a habit of coming to certain people in dreams asking for help.

the grey nurse is silent,
but often is seen from outside the building,
looking out the windows. (not always the same location)

the dark man, well as the name suggests is evil.
alot of people believe he is the one that killed the little girl, and has no other interest than harming those that enter "his home".

he is rarely heard, but often felt or seen as a large shadow outline of a rather large male.

stories suggest he was a former janitor of the hospital but had a breakdown....

i plan on putting some of the stories and some of my personal encounters here.

the building has finally been accepted for demolition.
as "certain individuals" have been setting fires for the last 5 years, the morgue is flooded nearly to its roof,
(located in subbasement) and the walls are slowly beginning to bow under its own weight and the constant heating and cooling of the interior.

---------------------------------------------------------------


i was walking along the rooftop's boarder, a raised area about a foot wide, 3 feet above the roof itself,
and i still swear to this day that i felt the dark one push me. before it happened i still think i saw movement in my direction...
very odd feeling. not the wind as there was none that night.

since then i've only encountered the dark one once.
walking past one of the various rooms,
out of corner of my eye i saw what looked like a man with a skeleton head sitting in an arm chair, when i went back to the room, possibly thinking maybe someone (yeah a human someone) was also in the hosp with us, the room was completely empty. not even the chair i thought i had seen.


--------------------
while with a very dear friend of mine,
we were in the basement, he said there was something he wanted to show me, me having been through the building many many times didn't think there could be any "new" rooms or areas i hadn't seen, but said i'd follow anyways,

he took me to what seemed to be either a very old garbage incinerator...or a body incinerator...either way, it was big, cement and had soot coming off the walls.
on the inside there were two parts of cement coming off the walls making it look like two seat/benches facing one another.
He told me to sit down, he did the same. then closed the door.
*why i agreed to that part i don't know*

i asked him why he wanted to sit in this thing, with the door closed, and the flashlights off.
he told me to be quiet. and just "feel"
knowing what he meant by that i did as told.

soon the temp became Very cold. cold enough to make hairs rise and begin to shiver.

soon after that, it became warmer,
then to the point that my light jacket was too much
this heat continued to rise to quite an unbearable level.
at this moment, just as i had whispered something,
he lit a match.
within that second. the temp changed back to normal.
and no indication that anything weird had gone on.

we leave the thing, i ask him what that was about.
he just said he didn't know, but had the same thing happen to him while he was alone, (gone in there to smoke a bowl while others were busy..) and was kinda freaked, wanted to see if same thing would happen if he went in with someone open to stranger things...and was apparently quit thrilled that it had repeated...why i don't know, but hey, here's to repeated incidences i guess....




the Morgue waters..

the morgue of the hospital has been flooded since only a couple years after it was abandoned.
i didn't start going in this building for probably about 7 or 8 years after the fact.
but another point of interest is the morgue waters.
ya see, there is this LONG winding ramp that leads down to the morgue, as the elevators do not go there for some reason that i don't quite understand..
so you walk down this ramp you get to the waters edge.
it comes to about 2 feet under the roof of the morgue,
and when you shine your flashlight over it, there are no objects visible from that point other than the large pipes that run the distance of the ramp and basement.

If you sit beside this water, and are quiet.
you will hear splashing.
like something large either fell into the water,
or jumped out of it.
none of these outcomes are actually possible.
a) fish could not be down there as it is a basement.
b) nothing could be falling in, as it is a cement ceiling, and no other openings that a bird or something could get into, more so, if a bird or something fell in, you would hear it attempting to get out.
(*which you do not*)

the water itself is so black that you can not see an inch deep into it.

the dirt from the water seeping in would have settled to the bottom over the years,
the chemicals left behind by the staff would have separated and not been a solid covering for an area that large,
and you would think some kind of water insects MIGHT be in that water, but..nope. nothing.
(samples had been taken, friends have put on hip-waders to try and look around the morgue, but to no avail)
these noises are completely unexplained.the entire building is always deathly silent.
no rodents or insects have ever been found withing the entire building, and only the very top two floors have pigeons.

the basement is always quite cool.some nights even though it is 25-30 outside,
you can see your breath. another odd occurrence but given the humidity, not all that surprising.
as you go up in the building, as does the temperature.
top two floors are quite warm, and the rooftop is a very nice place to sit, as it has a barrier of brick about 3 feet high, you are generally safe from discovery as you are above the street lights.




there are a couple areas around the hospital that hold alot of energy as well.

in the back there is an area rather enclosed by the building.
in this area there is a Very large tree, and aside from a couple bushes it is the only tree back there..

for some unknown reason, being in this area is very uncomfortable, when it's layout should suggest it feel very safe and comfy..
many people have said they have seen a man hanging from this tree. be it as a vision or something that came to them in a dream...it is a common thing to hear from others, including ones that have never seen the inside of the building or heard the rumors and stories.

another thing that has been suggested about this area, is that a lot of young women have been raped in this location. under this tree.
Given its solitude, it would not be surprising if it were the case, but some believe these rapes were committed by the man that would later become the spirit known as the Dark Man, again, something that would not be surprising given this spirits malevolence.

personally,
i'm just a bit of an empath. who sometimes knows outcomes before they happen.

I do not know what has happened there, just that the event has scarred the area with very deep sadness. (which is why both events seem quite possible)
its hard for me to be back there without immediately wanting to leave, as all i can feel is emotional pain, usually resulting in tears even though i know they are not my own.



Dreams.

this story is not one of personal experience, but one that a close friend has told me,
and that others have had very similar accounts of. and remember, this is simply what they saw in a dream
==========================

not sure of the exact date
but it is still while the hospital is open, on the mental ward a former janitor of the hospital is just being admitted, seems the stresses of the job has become to much, is having a rather violent break down, watched too many friends die, had too many rude things said, who knows for sure, just that this man has snapped.

while they are attempting to restrain him and sedate him, he gets loose. gets to one of the emergency fire panels, removes the ax and begins attacking anyone near by.
during this killing spree, many patients and staff meet their end.

(i dont know reasons why, but apparently the fire doors have all been locked.
keeping everyone on that flood trapped there. probably because it is the psych ward..and those usually have heightened security to prevent escapes...)

there is a nun attempting to protect a little girl, who was simply up to bring her grandmother flowers. as they are fleeing this mad man, the nun falls behind hoping that she will be able to slow this man long enough for the little girl to either escape or find somewhere to hide.i'm sure you can imagine what happens to this woman when this murderer gets a hold of her.

he then goes looking for this little girl.

all you can feel is her terror. feels like a scene out of some slasher flick,
her begging for someone to come and help her,but the halls suddenly become abandoned.
darkened, and fire and water damaged...it is the hospital in its current state.
the little girl is still trying to hide from this mad man.who is now nothing but a very angry shadow-figure, she is unable to leave the building, as is he.the nurse can do nothing but watch over her,giving her some kind of forewarning before he can arrive..
although this ending has already happened,this is the cycle they are doomed to repeat.

(NOTE: I looked into this story, no such thing has ever occurred)
-------------------------------
the girl still pleads to people in their dreams to come and save her from the dark man.
to release her from this nightmare.some say the nurse has told them not to come.
visitors to this building just make him more angry.and foolish wanna-be conjurers just give him more power.
-----------
i've already told you of my encounters with the dark man,any other instances with him have never been visible.just a feeling. a "its time we leave" type thing.

i've never heard from the little girl,though others swear they have felt a small hand leading them through and out of the building when flashlights have failed, and candles will not stay lit.
(yeah...even though there is no wind in this building, candles generally will not stay lit without you being in a very enclosed room, such as a bathroom or an operating room)





That building has some kind of draw to it,seems to attract anyone with any interest in anything demonic, paranormal or other.

even after all these years,there is still something that pulls me to it.

again, i have rarely Seen anything.
only a couple fleeting images out of the corner of my eye. never too sure if i did see what my mind told me was there,or if its just the effects of being in a HUGE abandoned building late at night. But i feel.

i feel the pain that the back area holds.i feel the cold that the basement emanates.and i have felt the drastic temperature changes that
my friend had found so creepy to be on his own,and how thrilled he was that it was not just in his own head.. i feel the contempt towards those that have damaged the place, setting it on fire, breaking windows, and stealing the few remaining treasures within.I believe that either the building itself or the dark man, will kill before it is destroyed.

he attempted to have me fall from the rooftop. i think at the time he was not strong enough.as it was many years ago. now...i'm not so sure. and i will not give that opportunity again to find out.

© 2012 FallynAngyl


Author's Note

FallynAngyl
taken from online journal, formatting unchanged, just ramblings i wanted to save.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I must say, finally having time to read something of yours after promising to do so for so long, I feel better. Often I'm asked read work that is unimaginative or utter regurgitation. So I enter into reading a new person's work with more than a little trepidation. I was pleasantly relieved.

While it does need the tidying up you said it does, but likely not an extensive overworking. It gives the feel of a sort of investigators journal. An incomplete one, the mystery is afoot and there are many unsolved occurrences. Did the person investigating this fall victim to something within the hospital? Was this journal found there or in a musty old bookstore? We don’t know. There are no answers forthcoming, unless you yourself wish to dare investigate them… It equates best to the dripping blood from the landing above, whit the tension of the unknown rather than the masked lunatic lunging with a knife. a more subtle horror, than a killer in your face.

I like the way that the... let’s call them 'entries' leave a lot to the imagination while invoking the feelings of familiar unease that anyone who has ever been in such a place has felt. it has just the right amount of definition and vagary to make the reader insert their own feelings of dread or personalized fear.

I look forward to reading more of your work and the cleaned up version when you get to it when I can. Also honestly I may steal the location for a story of my own...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I must say, finally having time to read something of yours after promising to do so for so long, I feel better. Often I'm asked read work that is unimaginative or utter regurgitation. So I enter into reading a new person's work with more than a little trepidation. I was pleasantly relieved.

While it does need the tidying up you said it does, but likely not an extensive overworking. It gives the feel of a sort of investigators journal. An incomplete one, the mystery is afoot and there are many unsolved occurrences. Did the person investigating this fall victim to something within the hospital? Was this journal found there or in a musty old bookstore? We don’t know. There are no answers forthcoming, unless you yourself wish to dare investigate them… It equates best to the dripping blood from the landing above, whit the tension of the unknown rather than the masked lunatic lunging with a knife. a more subtle horror, than a killer in your face.

I like the way that the... let’s call them 'entries' leave a lot to the imagination while invoking the feelings of familiar unease that anyone who has ever been in such a place has felt. it has just the right amount of definition and vagary to make the reader insert their own feelings of dread or personalized fear.

I look forward to reading more of your work and the cleaned up version when you get to it when I can. Also honestly I may steal the location for a story of my own...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 23, 2012

Author

FallynAngyl
FallynAngyl

SK, Canada



About
Just sharing things from my early teen years. Writings belong to me. please don't share or take without asking. more..

Writing
Dreamscape Dreamscape

A Story by FallynAngyl


Pt 1 Pt 1

A Chapter by FallynAngyl