Arrival

Arrival

A Chapter by Fantasy Dream
"

The seasons go by. The love and hatred combine.

"
It's almost the end of spring in Nevada. The warm breeze is turning hotter, The flowers have fully bloomed into bright colors of red orange and yellow. School is dragging on like always, a waste of time. I don't even know why I'm still here, I'm just a worthless person with nothing to live for in my life. I'm so small. I'm barely anything. I'm nothing. I'm vulnerable to my own thoughts. I think I can have what I want. But in the end what I wanted, wasn't what I needed.My love life has always been one big mess. I've created the thunder and lightning in it. With words, actions, and thoughts. All concentrated in becoming a monster of myself. Hurting others is what I've been sent down to do.I don't realize the pain I cause, my classmates think of me as the genius but only if they knew how cruel I was.

Our bodies ache for the hot sun to blast it's killer rays on us.  In the classroom the air is cold, the students are quiet while Mrs.Embert, the teacher, recites a poem by Shakespeare. I listen closely, as the poems relate to my life so deeply.
 As she speaks the words fill my head with thoughts... thoughts of breaking free....but then remembering the chains holding me down. That's when my thoughts are interrupted. The principal walks in with a young lady behind. The girl seemed very fragile, like the smallest things could hurt her. The principal coughed and spoke out loud to the class.
"This is Jenna Maycie Greene. She is a new student and will be attending this classroom." The principal stopped and pulled Jenna forward. "Please treat her nicely. Have a great day." The principal left both the classroom and the girl alone.

"Please come stand in front of the class and introduce yourself, Jenna." Mrs. Embert called out to her."Alright." The girl responded, taking a few steps in front of the classroom. Everyone was looking at her, but I couldn't care less. I closed my eyes, attempting to sleep.

"Um, Alright." The girl responded, turning to the classroom."My name is Jenna Greene. I was born on October 15th, 1992. I'm  in English, Health, and Science. I love Shakespeare, and young author, and I am planning on becoming a Family Doctor when I grow up." She said in a confident tone. When she spoke, her voice was like the sound of trees singing within the wind. It was magnificent, and it caught my attention. When I really looked at the girl, she was beautiful. She was lean, tall, and had pale skin. Her hair was short and black and she seemed very secure. But, there was nothing I could see in her that made her stand out from the out people in the classroom. She was no different, just new and fresh. I still hated her, as I hated everyone I had every met.

"Thank you for that lovely introduction, Jenna. Now, please go sit at an empty seat. Also, we are reviewing Shakespeare's play, A Midsummer Night's Dream, so be sure to listen." Mrs.Embert said to Jenna, picking up her old tattered Shakespeare book. I quickly looked around the room and saw that the seat by mine was the only one avalible. I scowled and quickly took my things and put them all on my desk. People started whispering to one another as the girl took a seat by me. Great, Just what I needed. The new toy sitting by me. Could This Day Be Getting Any Worse?

"Helena: O spite! O hell! I see you all are bent
To set aganist me for your merriment:
If you were civil and knew courtesy,
You would not do me thus much injury.
Can you not hate me, as I know you do,
But you must join in souls to mock me too?..." Mrs.Embert continued, her voice completely drained of life. I was staring at the girl, her short hair hanging down her face. She had her notebook and pencil out, and was taking notes. Who could take notes on Shakespeare?


"Shakespeare is beautiful, isn't it?" She whispered. I looked around, to see who she was talking too, but I couldn't see anyone turned in our direction.

"Who are you talking to?" I said back in a whisper. Still shocked at the idea that she was talking to me.

"You, of course." She said, turning to me. She had a big smile on her face and she was looking straight at me.

"I'm not really a talkative person. So just shut up and listen to Mrs.Embert." I responded. Her smiled started to slowly fade, and she turned back to her notes. I felt sorry for her, she didnt know that I'm not someone to start a conversation with.

English class went by fast, and before I knew it, the bell rung. I began to gather my things, and when I stood up, I noticed the girl was standing at the end of the desk.

"It was a pleasure meeting you." She said to me before turning around and walking out the door. I stood there with my books, shocked. No one had ever said anything like that to me. What sort of game was she playing?

I walked out the door and headed to Science. When I walked through the door, Mr. Carson called me up to the desk.

"Edward, this is your new lab partner, Jenna Greene." He told me. I turned to the girl and scowled. He motioned both of us to the empty desk at the front. After both of us had put our books on the table, and the class was settled. He began his lecture. I stared at the girl the whole time he was talking, always thinking, Could this day get any worse?


© 2010 Fantasy Dream


Author's Note

Fantasy Dream
We are TWO writers. Yuukiname and MarthaMascara, we have separate accounts as well. We write duo books in this one, it means we both write the chapters with both of our ideas. Enjoy, and thank you!
-Martha&Yuuki

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was alright, but it seemed exactly like something I've read before, even if it wasn't your intention.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
1 Review
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010
Tags: love, drama, dating, school, boy, girl, friends, desire, lust