The Story/Chapter 1

The Story/Chapter 1

A Chapter by FantasyWriter

"It probably don't mean much but I believe you," Riddel said as he tossed his hair to the left side of his face.
"Believe what," Cheyenne asked in doubt.
"The reason you are staring at my door with a look of fright upon your face, the reason why you came to me last night instead of your parents. I believed you when you told me that he was trying to kill you."
For the first time Cheyenne realized that RIddel had never lied to her. It is in the way he had always said something, his tone has something that can sway someone to follow him, but what had Cheyenne the most was his trustingness. It is something most woman couldn't resist.
"It is not your fault Cheyenne," Riddel said noticing her expression of loneliness as if she had no one. "Yes it is RIddel I begged for something more than football boys cramming nerds into lockers with so much temerity that you could hear the abetted crowd shouting down the halls. My life seemed pointless or at least I though," Cheyenne  said with a silent tear that rolled down her cheek hitting the floor making a dark spot in this carpet.
"All the times I was there for you when you needed a shoulder to cry on, when you were sick and your parents didn't care, or the time you got lost and bullied at the school the first time you met me. Am I pointless?"
"Your taking this all wrong," Cheyenne sobbed while saying "You are the most important person in my world, you are the only person in my life that actually matters."
Riddel say down with his arms wide open, "Im sorry Cheyenne I just wanted you to know that I loved you and still do."
Cheyenne looked at Riddel knowing she was going to cry but fighting it like it was a young kid that was getting a shot at a doctors office. It was as if he was her protection that she was needing these past few days which no one would give her.
"Im sorry, but will you please tell me the story again, "Riddle said looking down at her seeing her brown eyes remembering something that he had wrote before. Maybe it had been too long since the last time he wrote something for her but does love just disappear like water boiling on a stove.
For a brief moment Riddel was going to say the words that had been bugging him when he was interrupted, "I was walking down one hundred-eighth and Saint Mary's street when i saw him."
"Saw who?" Riddel question trying to put the piece together.
The room began to spin as CHeyennes dug into her memories for every little detail she could scrounge up, "He was known as the King Pen of St. Louis, but to many he was known as Bubba Joe. It was a myth that was passed on that his mother was a Sorcerous who had called him this when he was younger. Thats when it hit me RIddel.
"Is that when you saw it Cheyenne?"
Cheyenne flashed back to reality as if she had gone back in time to see how
the story played in the past.
"No but I was almost out of ear shot when I heard it. The police man was trying to coerce Bubba Hoe to sleep at the little white and orange parking garage on blue's street the day of February sixteenth. That is when I suddenly stopped feeling the inertia pulling me forward almost knocking me off of my feet. This so called parking garage had black painted window that were slowly chipping away from the sun beating down upon it. I knew this because this place was just two houses down from mine. THat is when the chase began. I suck air in through my nose and shoved it out through my mouth like a baby would suck milk through a bottle and gasp for air through its nose. Sweat built up on my forehead as thoughts raced through my head. I lost my shoes a few blocks back and I was starting to regret it. My feet were starting to blister and tear from the blazing cement which had pieces of broken glass scattered across the road. I knew they were catching me slowly because I could hear their dragged out words behind me." Cheyenne became speechless as she panted trying to catch her breath. It was as if she had been running but it was impossible, but she could feel the pain in her stomach as if she was in P.E. again.
"It was as if I could feel the beside me," Cheyenne said with a frown that stretched from one end of her face to the other just like a clown would have in a circus "it seemed like they came to me in my moment of need as if it was destiny and it was suppose to happen, you might call me crazy or maybe insane but they were just as real as you and me Riddel.'
"Babe I trust you and always will," Riddel said holding Cheyennes hand."
"Now that is a stupid thing to say," Cheyenne admitted, "why would you trust me when nothing I say makes any sense."
There was a long pause between the two of them as if they were thinking to themselves. Cheyenne was still dressed in her pajamas that she was in the night before. She sat up slowly watching Riddel with their eyes locked on his from the beginning of the belonged silence. It was something they had never done before in the morning. RIddel slid his hand along Cheyenne's neck with the tension rising as they went in for the first kiss. It took only seven long seconds for their lips to meet but seven more seconds for them to part with a smile.
With no words said a cold breeze swept  upon and covered Cheyenne. It felt like she was standing in front of a meat locker waiting for someone to hurry out with a twenty pound box.
Cheyenne looked at the floor as she lowered her feet touching with fuzzy little bristles just to figure out it was her pink sock that she had kicked off the night before.
Cheyenne opened her mouth to finish her story that she had started before because she knows that one kiss could go father than one could predict, "THey were spherical and flashing like a disco ball pinning at a dance sending out the colors of red, purple, and blue. When I got a closer look I thought I noticed there was a light brighter than any star inside them. It wasn't long after that when they whizzed by my ear chanting a foreign language that I didn't understand but noticing they said our names at least once.  It was as if they were a living spirits trapped inside each one of them, or just maybe they were there to protect me. After that I didn't take the time to look back. All I did was come to the only place I knew was safe and like you aid it was with you Riddle.


© 2012 FantasyWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 22, 2012


Author

FantasyWriter
FantasyWriter

Pawnee CIty, NE



About
Im a teenager who wants to make something of himself in the future. I am going to college do drive a big rig not only because i like to drive but it is in my blood. Im a small city boy who is living .. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by FantasyWriter