Daddy & Brandy

Daddy & Brandy

A Poem by Fatima
"

Sweet, sweet lovers they were

"
Oh Daddy, how I remember the time when I sat on your lap, as we watched the sun go down, I remember when you would kiss me on my forehead and I would sleep peacefully. Daddy, I also remember the nights you stumbled in, with the sweet taste of your girlfriend Brandy radiating off of you, everyone hiding in the shadows trying to avoid the strikes and blasts they would receive if were to be in your path. How many tears do you think were shed when I became a do and was sent to the backyard for hours? Or when I was given no home? Daddy, how I dream for the days when you loved me. Every night for two years I had my sanity taken from me, I had the Scarlet A tattooed on my chest. You turned the other cheek, you left me when I needed you! Why did I trust you?! I sometimes think if it was me that made you choose Brandy. I also wonder what she whispers in your ear that make your eyes turn black and your heart disappear. The bruises, and scratches, the sun glasses worn indoors. You destroyed us Daddy! Piece by piece you killed me, not physically but I wish you had. I can't love anyone, I can't trust, I can't be happy. I don't blame you, trust me I don't. I blame Brandy because she was the reason why you turned dark and ruthless. I have sleepless nights where I relive every moment like a movie in my head, I look at it from every angle trying to see when everything went south. I haven't found it yet Daddy, I sometimes think if I ever will. Who has your soul? Is it floating in the underworld waiting to be shipped and marked with caution? I hate you! I hate everything about you, to the way you made me love you, to the way you chose the liquor over your family. I hope you love her Daddy, I hope you and Brandy live happily in the depths of hell. 

© 2015 Fatima


Author's Note

Fatima
Sorry it's kinda long and not in poem form, but that's the fun part. I hope you enjoyed the poem and for those of you that has been through something similar, I hope you can relate. Thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can relate to this. My father is also an alcoholic. You don't have to blame yourself. It's their addiction, and they don't realize when they're drinking they can cause a lot of heartache. It's sad, but it happens.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fatima

9 Years Ago

Thank you..
I think, unfortunately, it's relatable for way too many.
:-/

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fatima

9 Years Ago

I know, and it honestly sucks
I'm all to familiar with this. Even though my father is dead now him and his hateful ways still live on only mind as memories. Oh well, life goes on right? You expressed yourself well in this piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fatima

9 Years Ago

Thank you Rob, it seems like we have a lot in common.
Rob Santana

9 Years Ago

After reading this I would say yes we do.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2015

Author

Fatima
Fatima

UT



About
I'm just a girl trying to figure herself out, it seems like a common thing these days to be lost in the book of definitions that are suppose to define us, you're either to dumb, or to smart, to fat, o.. more..

Writing
Family Dinner Family Dinner

A Story by Fatima


Nameless. Nameless.

A Story by Fatima