Shooting Star

Shooting Star

A Story by Fatima

There once was a astronomer who longed for a picture of a shooting star, he sat up countless nights to capture something so magnificent. One night the astronomer saw the shooting star and felt as if his life was complete, that the absence in his life was filled. He was so amazed that he forgot to capture the moment. The star was gone and the astronomer was crushed. He was willing to wait as long as it took for the star to come back, because he again wanted the feeling of completeness he felt before, the feeling of when he saw the star for the first time, the feeling of love and lust, the feeling of satisfaction. Then one day the scientist was ready to give up, but he see's a shooting star,and realized that the wait was worth it, because the feelings came back. This time he captured it and realized that he can now look at the picture of the star everyday, and never feel that emptiness again. 

© 2015 Fatima


Author's Note

Fatima
My inspiration for this piece was love. The astronomer fell in love and took that love for granted, and when his love left he felt incomplete. So he waited desperately hoping for the love to come back, because without it, he felt broken.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good! I love how well you made the metaphor. It's a short story that gets right to the point and still delivers its message powerfully. I'm glad the astronomer got to capture that moment again :) Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fatima

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.
I guess that happens then; I know I had felt that but it's clear here. I feel like sometimes a person gets to be in a state of lackluster, I say this talking to myself telling myself that I could have this person waiting for me too! I do but it seems to have manifested it in the forms of the younger generation. I am rather grandmotherly however on my best days! Just kidding. Vibrant spirit, Fatima!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fatima

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
nice one. like ur ways seeing things

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fatima

9 Years Ago

Thank you! So much.
Nitesh Mahabal

9 Years Ago

well done maam
I really like how you symbolized love with a star, I think that was really brilliant and this was amazingly written. The entire work is one big metaphor that has a deeper meaning than what's expressed and I'm excited to read more of your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fatima

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2015

Author

Fatima
Fatima

UT



About
I'm just a girl trying to figure herself out, it seems like a common thing these days to be lost in the book of definitions that are suppose to define us, you're either to dumb, or to smart, to fat, o.. more..

Writing
Family Dinner Family Dinner

A Story by Fatima


Nameless. Nameless.

A Story by Fatima



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..