She.

She.

A Story by Fatima

	She sat outside with a cigarette on her lips,and sweet alcohol on her breath. As she watched the innocent little girls skip down the road singing the songs she used to know, it takes her back to the days, the days that everything in her life seemed okay. Her thoughts whisper into ears, she wanted to cry but the tears never appeared, that's what happens when you can't feel. She has twisted dreams and memories that are storms in her mind, she wonders why can't she remember the good times and forget the bad? Why can't she forget all the times she tossed and turned throughout the night, and in her darkest days even her shadow leaves her side. She's used to not having anyone there, the thought of having a live human makes her shiver. She often wonders what she is? She has no soul but doesn't know who claimed it, she has no heart but she is some what living, she has no breaths but she's breathing? Bottle after bottle of that sweet liquor, pack after pack, she takes a long drag and sits with her eyes closed for one minute trying to remember, trying to feel, trying to think of a joke so she could laugh, think of a song so she could dance, think of anything but these black thoughts, anything past this haze that is slowly but firmly covering her brain. She goes inside because the sight of happiness is bad for the soul. She pours her liquor, sits back on her chair and closes her eyes hoping this is the last time she will be alive, but something won't let her die, she doesn't believe in god, or the devil, so what is this? What is this never ending pain? She opens her eyes and lays down on her bed, feeling the cold sheets, the flattened pillow, and a lifeless body on top. To the world she seems normal, nothing wrong, but little do they know that she's a walking time bomb, any day she can explode. She stays in her little house on the edge of the cliff, avoids going out, never has people in. Her only motivation to keep living might be her Marlboro's and her liquor; her bitter sweet courage. As she lays in her bed as she sips her courage, lays down, and the next day life never repeated again. 

© 2015 Fatima


Author's Note

Fatima
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
1 Review
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2015

Author

Fatima
Fatima

UT



About
I'm just a girl trying to figure herself out, it seems like a common thing these days to be lost in the book of definitions that are suppose to define us, you're either to dumb, or to smart, to fat, o.. more..

Writing
Family Dinner Family Dinner

A Story by Fatima


Nameless. Nameless.

A Story by Fatima