Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Charles A. C. Harageones
"

The story begins.

"
Blue sparks danced up and through the tube, surrounding the figure within it's milky liquid with midnight stars. Fur drifted lazily in the brine, shifting with the flow. A few quiet moments of peace, punctuated with a thin and steady beeping sound.Three red ovals appeared around the base of the tank one by one, as the ebony creature's fur stopped moving in what was once a constant flow of the life preserving solution.

An eyelid fluttered, but no one caught the motion. Soon, men surrounded the container and talked amongst themselves. They were positioned around the tank, where small handles were mounted. The men attached clips to the handles, and the whole large tube was lifted into the air on a pulley system.

It was guided over to mount onto a small trolley, one that would make it easier to move.Liquid within the poly-resin cylinder sloshed gently back and forth, tossing the human shaped being inside softly within the flow. One of the men saw the animal's hand twitch, and froze in surprise.

"Sss....sir....SIR!!!" He yelled out in shock and surprise."It Moved!!" The panicked man stumbled back as fast as he could, pointing fearfully through the clear barrier. All of the other men nearby followed suit, backing away rather quickly and cautiously watching for more signs of movement.

There was a slight pause, in which the hiss of a battery powered oxygenation device within the base of the cylinder was the only tangible sound. No one was sure what was going to happen, it was not calculated that the minute flow within the container had any major effect upon the subject inside. Eventually, the sound of a door opening and the sharp clicking of shoes on the tile announced that someone was coming.

An elder man, half bald with silver hair appeared around a corner in the room. Hos spectacled eyes showed not a trace of fear, only curiosity. He stepped right up to the cylinder and peered closely into its depths. "Wonderful," he announced quietly. His wrinkled and weathered hand slid up the nearly indestructible surface, resting with palm flat directly in front of the animal's chest.

The wrinkled and dull eyes of the old man widened when a hand from inside the container came up, slowly moving to rest deliberately opposite his, inside the glasslike substance. His mouth slack, his eyes followed the powerful and defined arm up to the shoulder, then finally onto the face of what he had created."Tanaka..." The barely supressed whisper could not have penetrated the container, much less the liquid. Yet the vibrant gold eyes within snapped open.

Gazes locked, the old man broke into a huge grin. "He is aware, good." Orders were dispensed quickly as he turned around, already walking away. The men had begun to do what they were told and load the subject:Tanaka, outside and into a waiting truck. But, as soon as someone touched the trolley again there was a massive explosion of liquid.

Arms splayed out in front of the elderly man as he was thrown forward to the floor. Moisture jetted past him, soaking his back entirely and throwing what little hair he had left over his head and into his face. Swinging himself around on his hands and knees, he got to a kneeling position and pushed his soaking locks to the side quickly.

His glasses having been thrown from his face, the old man's fearful eyes only saw dark and shadowy shapes rocketing around the room. Screams and gurgling sounds echoed in the small space, an alarm inturrupting what must have been the dying sounds of so many people. The nearly blind, and very helpless old man kneeled there trembling, mind frozen in fear.

A tall dark figure approached him silently, coming into focus the closer it came. It was Tanaka, the Test Subject. Gradually he became aware that his body was floating up and eye level to the Furr. But his orbs were no longer gold. They were shimmering and glowing a vibrant, electric blue. "You... You have telekinesis!!" Blubbering madly the old man drifted quite rapidly toward insanity.

"You can move things with your mind... you have non-physical control over objects..." wrinkled lips mumbled on and on, unable to stop. Until Tanaka spoke to him.

"Aye," his first word, was spoken deeply from the lungs. Smooth and rich. "I can, and much more than that. " So saying, he tilted his head and the scientist's body slit cleanly up the middle, blood and entrails spilling across the floor and mingling with the remains of the solution that Tanaka had spent the entirety of his life in. The two halves of the body dropped and slid across the gore-slick floor.

A sadistic smile split the dark Kerr's features, jet black fur rippling as he began a laugh. His voice rose to crescendo, the entire room buckling around him. A blue crackling energy surrounded his body in a halo of light,The insane barking laughter from his torn mind seeming to fuel his power. Suddenly the room imploded into such a hugely dense mass, that a subatomic black hole opened for a split second, absorbing Tanaka's insanity into the dark twisted tunnels of the Quantum Labyrinth.


© 2015 Charles A. C. Harageones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 4, 2015
Tags: furry, death, hard, hate, fear, Telek, telekinesis, telepathy


Author

Charles A. C. Harageones
Charles A. C. Harageones

rochester, NY



About
A struggling young adult in upstate NY. Writing as a past time, looking to hopefully open someone's mind to a would they love. I want to be one of those writers. more..

Writing