Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Dream, or nightmare?

Dream, or nightmare?

A Story by Feniks
"

Strange dreams, horrible dreams.

"

I felt that I had woken up, I was dizzy and my head ached. I had had a very strange dream. Eventually I opened my eyes, but there was nothing to be seen. I was surrounded by complete darkness, it was probably still the middle of the night. I wanted to know the time, but in order to be able to see my clock I had to get up out of bed.

 

After a few minutes I was finally able to stand up. I lifted up my blankets and stepped on the ice cold, wooden floor of my room. I couldn’t see the clock, it was too dark. I needed to go to the kitchen anyway, my throat hurt and I needed to drink some water, I could just as well check the time there. I hadn’t even touched the door to my room, when I heard a sound, something moving. Though it could just have been my brother, or my parents, whose rooms were across the hall. Maybe I had mistaken and it was actually morning? Perfectly plausible, since it was winter. It’s always dark in the morning during winters. So I carefully opened the door, not to disturb anybody that was still sleeping with the squeaking of my door. My eyes had begun to become accustomed to the dark, and I could see the outline of the door to my parents’ bedroom was opened. Though there was no light anywhere, not even shining up from downstairs. I must have imagined all the sounds.

 

I walked down the stairs, to the ground floor. I slipped at the third step, and just barely kept my balance. I kept walking, more careful this time. Only one more hallway before I reached the kitchen. There were items everywhere, shoes, boxes, everything. It was difficult to navigate my way through without tripping. The first few meters went all right, but then I hit something with my foot. It hurt, I cursed and then hopped around until I’d found a wall I could lean against. Then I heard something again, right behind me. I turned around a little too quickly and knocked over a stack of boxes, and of course they were filled with Christmas items, such as tiny bells. They clank, s**t, I hoped nobody had woken up because of it. I was going to put them all back later, I had to drink some water first.

 

I tilted my head to fit under the tap and let the cold, cooling water run right in my mouth. Finally, my throat felt less sore, and I had clenched my thirst. When I had wiped the remaining drops of water off my face and had turned around, and saw a shadow move. I almost screamed, but I didn’t. Not until it moved again, and it scared the hell out of me. I ran back to the hallway, knocked over everything there while making my way to the stairs. But the stairs were drenched with something sticky, but there was no time to think about it. I kept running, until I was almost at the top, where I fell back. My head hit a sharp edge, I couldn’t move. I felt blood streaming down my neck, so much that most of the staircase must have been covered in it.

 

I woke up with a scream, I was dizzy and my head ached. I had had a very strange dream. My throat hurt so I decided to go downstairs and drink a some water. When I was halfway through the stairs I bumped into something with my foot, I went back up the stairs to hit the light switch. I turned around and saw myself, laying on the stairs all blooded and with a scared look on my face.

© 2016 Feniks


Author's Note

Feniks
This is one of my first ever stories, I'd like you to be truly honest when you criticize. If you dislike my work, please tell me, but there is no need to be mean!
Also please tell me if I make a lot of mistakes in the grammar, English is my second language, I'd love to learn to write it better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its very good and interesting I loved it please read my book's tha haunted house
's 1 2 and 3 chapters they are good but not as yours is this a real nightmare ? anything else I loved your story accept my friend request and read my story please ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I loved it and I want to tell u I am writing long to earn points still ur story was awsome

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 5, 2016

Author

Feniks
Feniks

Netherlands



About
Hi, I started at Writers Cafe because I wanted feedback on my poetry. Writing is my sanctuary, it's the only way I can deal with my emotions. I've been writing for a few years now, but I don't know wh.. more..

Writing
Not yet Not yet

A Poem by Feniks


Endless sleep Endless sleep

A Poem by Feniks