rude awakenings

rude awakenings

A Chapter by Fiction

It must have been around six in the afternoon by the time she got back to the school, apparently Kyle and the others had taken her to some kind of run down old science building. As she made it back to her dorm room she noticed a sticky note on her door. DUCK! It said. She was wondering why someone would put a note on her door saying duck when out of nowhere a bullet flew past her head just grazing the side of her neck. She was about to run for cover into her room when the figure of a man in a long hooded cape appeared in front of her.


For some reason Lucy knew she had nothing to fear from this man, she knew the person in the hood was a man by the size of his hands. Hands which were coming slowly toward her face, before Lucy could decide whether or not to put into action the whole fight or flight thing the cold hands cupped her face and the man mumbled something under his breath. She could feel herself starting to tire and knew that she did not want to pass out again, she tried to pull his hands from her face, however her strength was no match for his and as she gave one last tug of his hands the world caved in around her and she blacked out. Again.


Lucy woke to a sharp ache at the back of her head, as she tried standing up she noticed the blood on her shirt, she touched the side of her neck were the bullet had grazed and felt the bandage that was covering the graze. Apparently the man who had knocked her out had taken enough care to know that her injury needed to be taken care of.


As she remembered the events which led to being where she was Lucy looked around the room and noticed that there were no windows and only a single door. No doubt it would be locked from the outside, still Lucy had to try and she was surprised that when she tried turning the handle the door was indeed open. As she opened the door she noticed that it was one of five that were all connected. The first door she tried was locked, as were the other two that she tried. As she went to try the last door she was about to turn the handle when she heard a man’s screams coming from the other side.


Now that she was near the end of the hallway Lucy noticed an exit sign and It was as she was about to make a run for it that the door in front of her opened. Before she had time to react she heard a loud bang and felt a searing pain in her chest.

 

Lucy woke with a start; she couldn’t remember ever having such a realistic dream like the one she had just had. When she noticed the room she was in she got the feeling of déjà vu, ignoring it she made for the door and opened it noticing the hallway was the same one from her dream, after checking each door she walked toward the last one ignoring the small voice at the back of her mind telling her to run, she went for the door handle to open the door. It was as she heard a man scream that she knew the dream she had just had wasn’t a dream at all, but since when did she have visions.


Out of nowhere Lucy heard a man’s voice in her head “STOP! DONT OPEN THE DOOR RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN YOU NEED TO WARN THE OTHERS!” screamed the voice. “Warn them about what?” she thought to herself. “Warn them that Eric is back, go, go while you still have time!” said the voice” Lucy didn’t even have to think twice as she made a run for the exit, only turning around once to see the man who she thought had rescued her from the gunman in the dorm open the door brandishing a 9mm pistol.


It turned out Lucy was in the middle of nowhere. Lucky for her someone was kind enough to give her a ride back to the school were upon her arrival she immediately sought out the others. Jessie was the first one she found, she was in the library completing her history assignments. “Jessie, we need to talk. Where are the others?” asked Lucy. “The guys are in the common room why?” replied Jessie with a confused look on her face. “Come with me there is something I have to tell you all”. Replied Lucy as she began backing out of the Library.


At the speed they were running, it took Lucy and Jessie just five minutes to get across campus to the common room. Storming through the door sweaty and breathless it took no time at all for Lucy to find Kyle and the other guys, even though the common room was packed full. Apparently the fact that the Giants were playing the Cowboys was some sort of big deal to guys. Lucy locked gazes with Kyle and out of nowhere she heard him speaking to her mind. “What’s wrong” said Kyle’s voice inside her head.  “We have to talk, but not here, round up the guys and meet us at the old science building”. Lucy laughed at the shocked expression on Kyle’s face. She almost forgot shed acquired Kyle’s Gift, As well as Jessie’s, something else she would have to explain to everyone.



© 2014 Fiction


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 5, 2014
Last Updated on September 5, 2014


Author

Fiction
Fiction

hull, east yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
part one part one

A Chapter by Fiction


Part Two Part Two

A Chapter by Fiction


Part Three Part Three

A Chapter by Fiction