On the Bridge (Continued)

On the Bridge (Continued)

A Story by Jade Renee Bacon
"

The continuation of a crush, after the first impression.

"
Once again, here we are on the bridge, between the library and the student center. We chat like usual, but there's something different in the air this week. You sit closer and you don't stare at your tablet for as long. You engage more in conversation with me and sometimes, frankly, it frightens me. What happened that you are suddenly so interested in me?
Before today, you wouldn't text me or message me on Facebook at all. We would only talk on the days we hang out here on the bridge, in our comfy chairs, across from each other. But you're gradually starting to respond when I send you a message, which now turn into miniature chats. And for once, you messaged me first! It was to ask if I was coming to hang out with you, because I was running late and usually I grab us a table. Today you beat me, and it was sweet that you were actually concerned if we were going to hang out or not.
When I sat down across from you, you immediately spoke to me. (Firstly to poke fun at me for leaving my phone on the counter in the girl's bathroom and having to go back downstairs off the bridge to retrieve it.) We started up a conversation and then as usual you ran off to go get some food for lunch. And you had politely asked me to look over a paper you had written for a class and I did as you were gone. I noticed that we have a similar writing style and it kind of made me laugh (and I was also happy that you were such a wonderful writer and that I wouldn't have to knit-pick your paper). 
You sat back down across from me, blushing with embarrassment that you had accidentally spilled French dressing all over the counter down at the Mini-Pizza Hut vendor for the salad bar. Of course, I poked fun at you just like you had at me and then we fell silent for a bit; as you ate and I browsed Facebook on my laptop. 
Eventually the silence got to be too much and you spoke up, mentioning a video you had seen on Youtube and wondered if I had seen it. I had and we went on to reenact the whole video together, snorting with laughter and then proceeding to watch said video and many others for about half an hour... until we had to leave for class.
It was so weird, suddenly being so close and open with you. For weeks we had never really spoken like that or been so friendly and now suddenly, something clicked. I don't know what is happening between us, but for now all I can say is that I love it.

© 2013 Jade Renee Bacon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 5, 2013
Last Updated on October 5, 2013
Tags: crush, romance, love