Playful insanity

Playful insanity

A Poem by SilentVerses
"

Distracted playful insanity twists my words around her.

"
Worrying, I frayed the edges
of a rug, though,
unsure of its intentions
I dropped it, the murmuring liar.

I watched the ceiling today,
it whispered to me.
Little worms crept upon my skin,
pulling them off I looked to the ceiling for eradication.

The ceiling has become my only friend,
it murmurs in familiar adoration.
Though some of the shouts,
are very macabre.

I asked her today, her feelings on fire,
she agreed with me:
beautiful incandescence glows ethereal.
My dear ceiling, she's glorious (wouldn't you agree?)

Someone is to pick me up,
tomorrow at noon.
This is what they said.
Panic bubbled and choked, but her words calmed me.

I asked one of them, if I could take her with me,
pointing at my dear ceiling,
it giggled at the conspiracy.
Annoyance flowed from the woman.

They came for me,
took me from my darling.
They don't understand why I cry so,
they thought out of that padded cell I would flourish.

Silly little lies,
though it is strange,
that ceiling fed me a sanity.
I seem to have lost it here in the land of reality.

© 2011 SilentVerses


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh how I do love your mind! This is a beauty of all beauties to me. I thrive on the delusional perspective in narrations. This one tickles my cerebral unending with its aberration of love for an inanimate object the world could never understand. I used to write of things similar to this, but never with the genius touch you have here. I am lost for words but I want to fill this page with ink blots of the love I have for this poem. I will store this in my heart of hearts forever. Thank you, for being an inspiration to me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A wonderful insight into a minds desperation for balance. Enjoyed the use of a 'she ceiling,' as sanity's voice.

Thank you for sharing this outstanding piece. : )

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh how I do love your mind! This is a beauty of all beauties to me. I thrive on the delusional perspective in narrations. This one tickles my cerebral unending with its aberration of love for an inanimate object the world could never understand. I used to write of things similar to this, but never with the genius touch you have here. I am lost for words but I want to fill this page with ink blots of the love I have for this poem. I will store this in my heart of hearts forever. Thank you, for being an inspiration to me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely amazing! Insanity- one of my favorite writing angles. And you played it off so well!!! I adore this. Quickly one of my favorites.

Posted 12 Years Ago


As fucked as it is, sometimes I wish I would end up there.. My best friend used to be a razor, the only thing that could actually bring me comfort and calm me down. And what difference would it make if I was here in this so called reality or if I was in a padded room talking to the ceiling. Atleast in there I wouldn't get judged for the way I am, the things I've done.. I wouldn't have to worry about a reputation or holding up a family name. Very good write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very eerie feel to this poem.
Though I'm normally not a big fan of poetry, I find this to be very unique and enjoyable.
You have a very fluid writing style, every word seems perfectly placed. And your storytelling technique is flawless.

The last two lines were my absolute favorite:

"Silly little lies,
though it is strange,
that ceiling fed me a sanity.
I seem to have lost it here in the land of reality."

Very nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


An unusual take on mental health 'problems' - I use the inverted commas because I am more than sympathetic to R.D. Laing who says that mental breakdown is a rational response to familial situations.
As a poem it portrays the teller with each word specially chosen, which is something I noted before in a poem of yours.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is awesome! I especially love the last stanza.

Silly little lies,
though it is strange,
that ceiling fed me a sanity.
I seem to have lost it here in the land of reality.

Good Job! Keep writing!
**Review**



Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.M
What a glorious write - you have soured into a world where reality and illusion join to form one and have carried the reader with you. Causing us to wonder where we began to leave behind the caging path of common sense and reach the place where dreams become our life for only then do we truly feel alive.


Posted 12 Years Ago


A journey into the mind of madness.......a place we are all one step away from at any time......well penned!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1056 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on June 23, 2011

Author

SilentVerses
SilentVerses

Hong Kong



About
I adore reading, it is where my love for the written word has originated from. My favourite writers are Sylvia Plath, Fyodor Dostoevsky, j.d sallinger,Ken Kesey, Primo Levi and Virginia woolf. I exp.. more..

Writing
Asleep Asleep

A Poem by SilentVerses



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Translucent Translucent

A Poem by Robin


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT