MELancholODY

MELancholODY

A Poem by FlamingPhoenix
"

...the process...

"

I turn you up in order to drown

The madness abundant all around

 

Encircling me in the attempt to choke

My soul still clinging to a thread of hope

 

Sweet ecstasy washes over me

As I bask beneath the sun shaded by a tree

 

My heart breaks free from the encapsulating chains

In sound I escape the unforgiving and the insane

 

As my body begins moving to your seductive rhythm

I find inner peace and embrace my freedom

 

The tear filled months become a blur

Growing ever closer to fully releasing her

 

 

 

© 2014 FlamingPhoenix


Author's Note

FlamingPhoenix

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This sounds like love's last gasp...I think I know where you're coming from here within the context of the title and recent discussions we've had, but I never like to get too presumptuous when reading one's poetry, even the poetry of friends. I've never really been in this kind of predicament before, which is another reason for me not to say much, except to focus on the poem, which is beautifully written as all of your works are. Your emotions are always vivid to the max and practically present themselves in 3D to the reader's imagination...excellent work as always my friend :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

FlamingPhoenix

10 Years Ago

Last gasp indeed--ya nailed it! Having some knowledge of the person/circumstances behind the writin.. read more
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Always a pleasure my friend :)



Reviews

My heart breaks free from the encapsulating chains
In sound I escape the unforgiving and the insane.

Lovely and adorable. Great read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A wonderfully descriptive write. Your inner feelings flowing ever more freely. Probably for me one of your best.
Clive.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Really liked this.. love that it can mean a whole different thing to each reader depending on their desires, needs and emotions :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Is it the beginning of a bad romance, or replacing a broken heart with a new light?

As someone mentioned, the mixture of vague and blunt. The first stanza is filled with that, a double edged statement, I turn you up just to drown, The madness abundant all around"

That simple stop gives a question to the meaning as it can be read solo, or the two sentences from one. As a person who knows what going through heart ache and depression has been like, the last two lines really make a lot of sense. However I wonder, in context, is the blur of tear filled months the past, or that what follows the chasing of this hope in an attempt to reclaim the happy being she once was? It him, th easy answer is this is more of a salvation poem. However the notion of replacing love loss and depression with love found, can't help but feel like a cycle.

Final note, I love you don't limit the sound to strait rhymes.

Posted 10 Years Ago


FlamingPhoenix

10 Years Ago

I wrote with a vaguely blunt style, but for clarification's sake--this was the last gasp and final r.. read more
This sounds like love's last gasp...I think I know where you're coming from here within the context of the title and recent discussions we've had, but I never like to get too presumptuous when reading one's poetry, even the poetry of friends. I've never really been in this kind of predicament before, which is another reason for me not to say much, except to focus on the poem, which is beautifully written as all of your works are. Your emotions are always vivid to the max and practically present themselves in 3D to the reader's imagination...excellent work as always my friend :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

FlamingPhoenix

10 Years Ago

Last gasp indeed--ya nailed it! Having some knowledge of the person/circumstances behind the writin.. read more
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Always a pleasure my friend :)
Sometimes someone comes who takes away all of our pain. Nicely written, I felt this was one of your better pieces than the others.

Posted 10 Years Ago


"My heart breaks free from the encapsulating chains
In sound I escape the unforgiving and the insane "
This is poetry. Each lines giving strength and making the reader want more. I like the above lines. The poem is alive and strong. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


FlamingPhoenix

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for such a kind review!
Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I like the word play in the title - nice touch. Interesting storyline and mostly great rhyme and rhythm. Just wondering about fourth stanza and perhaps the words "the land of" could be omitted to keep within meter if you wished to. Your final two lines are superb. Penny :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


FlamingPhoenix

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your constructive review. That stanza was bothering me too, but being attached to the.. read more
just Penny

10 Years Ago

you're really welcome and I hope you'll do the same for me, particularly rhyme as I suck t it someti.. read more
Wow ma'am you really got me with this one. I really love your words, even though a bit sad. I love the first two lines, "turn you up in order to drown"....been there! You make me jealous lol, in a good way, I would love to be able to write such beauty! Bravo!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


FlamingPhoenix

10 Years Ago

Sad? Yes! Thank you kindly for your kind words!
Phoenix, this is powerful and can be taken so many different ways. It could be you releasing that inner doubter/or inner critic/or inner dependent that habitually acts as a pacifist.. It could be a long distance relationship...where your releasing someone from a connection...cutting the cord as it were. I agree with KLG...it does seem a bit lighter and hopeful toward the end. Great writing!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


FlamingPhoenix

10 Years Ago

I am attempting to master the art of being both blunt and vague...thank you for your review!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

572 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2014
Last Updated on May 9, 2014
Tags: Love, pain, regret, escape, music

Author

FlamingPhoenix
FlamingPhoenix

About
I live a life of seclusion My outside is only an illusion Here I live free and am able to express A lifetime of choices that have led to regret If you knew me you might think me insane At the v.. more..

Writing
Rings Rings

A Poem by FlamingPhoenix



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You... You...

A Poem by Madalyn Beck