Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Felissa

His eyes opened slowly as the warm sunlight poured in through his open window. His hand drifted over his face and he looked through the small gaps of his fingers. He grumbled then very slowly he pulled himself up so he was sitting. His dirty blond hair swished into his eyes and with the balls of his hands he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. His cell rang and he groaned reaching for the blasted thing. Flipping it open he touched his forehead.

            “Yeah?”

            “Jon! Get your lazy a*s up! School started an hour ago.” Jon’s dark eyes opened and his lips lifted into a small smirk.

            “Now why should I, school has already started. Why not take the day off?” He heard Jake his best friend mumble something to someone else.

            “Jon school is almost over dude don’t give up on it. It’s our last year.” His voice dropped low and Jon could only guess the teacher was near.

            “Look I’ll go tomorrow.” Jake sighed over the phone.

            “Fine a*****e but at least come after school so you can help pass the flyers for the show.” Jonathon yawned moving the sheets from his legs.

            “Fine. 12:50” He pulled the phone from his eat it was 8:30.

            “Yeah, don’t forget alright?”

            “Yeah I won’t.” And with that Jake hung up abruptly and Jon closed his phone with a click. Jonathon stood up twisting his body so his back would pop. He sighed in pleasure as the tension was relieved and he was answered with a soft pop. He then very lazily walked to the bathroom turning on the faucet. Warm water gushed form the silver nozzle and he dipped his hands in and splashed the water on his face and then dried it with towel. He pulled away from the towel and looked into the mirror. Jonathon Gonzalez 18 years old. He had a toned body with all the mussels in the right places giving him a very sexy lean look. His hair was long blond and reached just a little past his chin and his bangs covered both his eyes concealing two beautiful sapphire eyes underneath. He had a handsome face no facial hair on his flawless skin. High cheek bones accompanied his nicely shaped lips. His skin was white but not pale; it had a healthy glow to it. He was tall broad shouldered and had a killer smile. He lived alone in a one bedroom apartment after his parents left and went to school when it was convenient for him. The way his mind worked was that education wasn’t a main issue. His heart was all for the one thing that kept him from madness and from the stupidest things like drugs. Music. He played drums for the local band Breathing In Sequence and he loved everything about it. Jon was a funny guy, who got along with everyone, but no one really knew him and that was just the way he liked it.

 

            “Ivan!” The young boy kept walking as he entered the double doors of his school.

            “Ivan! Wait up!” His eyes suddenly widen and he slapped himself into the present.

            “Ivan?” He turned around to see his best friend Kayla, her pretty black hair framing her pretty face.

            “Oh! Sorry about that, I was kinda out of it.” He smiled at her.

            “Geez haha you think? What where you thinking about?” She fell into step with him as they walked down the crowed halls.

            “Nothing important.” Kayla gave him a small smile.

            “Right…Oh hey did you finish the homework for English?” His eyes widen.

            “Damn.” Her brow knitted

            “Ivan come on, we only have like 4 more months.”

            “I know I know I just forgot it.” She rolled her eyes.

            “Oh hey what did I tell you about that emo fin.” She reached up and moved the long black hair from his eye. She smiled.

            “There, now everyone can see your sexy eyes.” Ivan shook his head and the hair fell back over his eyes.

            “Fine do what you want; I on the other hand am heading to class. Oh and hey before I forget Ryan is coming to town!” Ivan smiled. Ryan was Kayla’s boyfriend since her freshmen year. He had moved away to collage but came to visit her every chance he got. All in all a very good guy.

            “Is he coming for the band thing?”

            “Yes! And you’ll finally be able hear them!”

            “Looking forward to it, but hey what’s the name of their band?”

            “It’s-“She was cut off as the bell rang load.

            “Oh s**t! Late again I swear I better not get detention. I’ll talk to you later.” And with that she ran down the hall. Ivan shook his head as he watched her disappear around the corner. He walked into the bathroom and walked to the mirror sighing as he took in his reflection. Ivan was an average guy in weight and height. He didn’t have much mussel but it was there. His hair was jet black with blond streaks in it. His eyes where a dark green but he hid his right eye under his hair most of the time. His face was innocent but still very handsome. His skin white but not to a point where it was pale. At the time he wore a band shirt and semi tight jeans. He was 18 a senior in high school and sadly still very shy. He was quiet most of the time unless in the company of Kayla. He turned from his reflection and walked to his class room waiting for the day to end.

            The day was pretty much set in stone. Average under his circumstances. Ivan sat at his desk watching the clock tic tock waiting for it to reach the large number 9. He felt tired and he just wanted to get out and head to sleep. Within moments his prayers were answered as the room was filled with the loud ring of the school bell. Quickly he stood up with his class mates and turned towards the door. As soon as he stepped out though he bumped into something hard and almost lost his footing but he quickly took a hold of the door frame holding himself up. His emerald eyes snapped up to glare at the a*****e but he stopped.

            “Oh I’m sorry about that.” Ivan looked up at Jonathon Gonzalez. Ivan’s eyes quickly looked down in embarrassment.

            “Oh…no problem.” He whispered.

            “Cool well, but hey here you go man, I hope to see you there.” He handed Ivan a blue paper. Jon’s dark eyes looked down at Ivan’s shirt.

            “Good band.” And he turned heel yelling at everyone down the hall about the show. Ivan jumped slightly when Kayla tapped his shoulder.

            “What did Jon give you?” Ivan looked down at the flyer.

            “It’s a flyer.”

 

LOCO BREAK S**T LALAPALUZA

BANDS

CONCREAT TOKENS

SEEN BUT UNHEARD

BREATHING IN SEQUENCE

AFTERMATH

 

            “Oh awesome! Jake must have made these look at the stupid design.” Kayla laughed softly, and then as if on cue Jake stood up on a chair.

            “Yo! Everyone! Go to the show! I s**t you not there is some good s**t in this town of ours! Plus my band is playing! Oh and we’ll know the results of Jonathon’s pregnancy test!” People let out load laughs and Ivan turned to see Jonathon flipping Jake off with a smirk on his face.

            “Hey f**k you!” Jake grinned back at Jon and then stepped off the chair as a teacher walked in. Kayla turned to Ivan laughing.

            “God he’s such a doofus and Jon to Hahaha oh hey but you’re going right?”

            “Uhh sure…” Truthfully he didn’t want to. Ivan didn’t do so well with big crowds.

            “Really? Sweet! Hey Ryan is in the parking lot now. Did you want to chill with us? Maybe get a glimpse of his band?” She had a smile on her pretty face it was hard to say no, but he did.

            “No, it’s ok. I want it to be surprised.”

            “You sure?” He nodded and with a smile and a hug he turned away from her.

            “I need to go home anyway. My mom wanted me to clean out the dishwasher.”

            “Humm really?”  Ivan gave her his best smile.

            “Would I lie to you?”

            “Fine haha but you better be done by tonight ok?”

            “I’ll be done.”

            “Alright well I’ll see you later.” She hugged him again and pulled away as her phone rang.

            “I’ll be right there babe.” She said happily and nodded her head upwards and then walked down the hall disappearing around the corner. When she was gone Ivan pulled the flyer up and looked at it again looking carefully at the band names.

            “Wonder which one Ryan is in?” He asked himself and then with a shrug he left.

 

            “Jon!” Jon kept pounding his drums his feet blasting a steady but powerful rhythm. He stopped suddenly as he felt a jolt of pain in-between his shoulder blades .

            “Ah what the f**k!?”

            “Well s**t head we’ve been yelling your damn name for ever.” Jon sighed and wiped the sweat from his brow.

            “S**t you yell it every night what you talking about, and besides Buddy isn’t even hear yet.” Josh laughed and Jake rolled his eyes.

            “First off I wouldn’t be yelling your name ever you’re not hot enough!” He flipped his long brown hair like a girl would. “And second of all Josh needs to practice and I need you guys to read these new lyrics.”

            “F*g.” Jon said grabbing a bottle of water. “Well what are you going to do?”

            “Weren’t we going to do Splinters, Broken Diaframe, and some covers? We don’t have a long time to play.” Jake set his mic down.

            “Hey I thought we were going to give Incense a shot, Buddy really liked that rift.” Josh added as he plugged in his guitar and sat down on a stool moving all the knobs of his amp. Jon stood up from his throne.

            “Anything sounds good to me. Oh hey I wanted to ask who the hell invited Concrete Tokens to play? They fucken suck!” Josh laughed and Jake almost spit out his water.

            “No s**t huh! Their singer sounds like they have him by the balls.” Josh said shaking his head.

            “Eeee yeah! Haha what the f**k is his name again?”

            “Jeremy?”

            “Dude its Brad!” Jake shook his head.

            “That doesn’t sound right.”

            “It’s George you bunch of f**s.” The guys looked up.

            “Buddy!” They yelled in unison. Jake being the smallest of them ran at Buddy and jumped up hanging around his neck. Jake was about 5’2 loud as f**k but had the voice of a god and the writing potential of a scholar. He had shoulder length dark brown hair that he usually wore it down and messy but the girls loved him. Buddy patted Jake on the back till he let go.

            “Get off dush!” Jake jumped off laughing and stepped aside as Josh walked up to him shaking his hand and pounded fists. Josh was the youngest of them. Only just turning 17. He was though the most mature of them all a funny guy but very smart. He was taller then Jake but shorter then Jon. His head had spiked up jet black hair and he had light brown eyes. He played guitar like it’s was what he did since the moment he was born a born natural. Jon was last the smack fists with Buddy a smile on his face.

            “Been working on that blast beat?” Buddy asked.

            “Hell yeah what about you?”

            “Yeah, come on though lets start playing before it gets any later. I want to try that new rift I’ve been dying to play.”

            “That’s our boy!” Jake yelled and walked over to the mic.

            “Testing 1.2.” He was heard in the small garage of Josh’s parent’s house. Buddy grinned then fell to one knee opening his gig bag. He suddenly perked up and turned to his girlfriend.

            “Babe I left my pedal in the truck can you get it?” She smiled.

            “Yeah I’ll be right back.” Buddy gave her the keys and she left.

            “Your lady haha how are you two?” Buddy smiled.

            “Perfect love the gal to death.”

            “That’s good to hear, so how about we start this s**t?” And they began to practice.

 



© 2009 Felissa


Author's Note

Felissa
Once Again grammar and all that jazz is off haha
Comments please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

the most fawesome story!! it shows in the veiws ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2009
Last Updated on June 8, 2009


Author

Felissa
Felissa

Douglas, AZ



About
I'm an 18 year old girl who enjoys to write,read, and listen to music as well as create it. I'm pretty out spoken and love to be around people but also enjoy being alone from time to time. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Felissa