2.

2.

A Chapter by Kira

The next day, Tracy went to school just like usual.  She was more tired than anything from work and texting Lucas all last night, but she felt happier than usual and she didn't know why.  She kept her eyes peeled for him in the morning crowd, but only saw Joey, and only half-returned his smile.  

 

Lucas wasn't her boyfriend--just a crush and kind of a friend.  They'd been texting for months now and she'd liked him for almost as long, but he was a junior to her sophomore, and she seemed more like a child to him, she was sure.  He was funny and sweet and especially hot, and even though just a glance could make her whole day, her contentment with nights of conversation was beginning to slip.

 

She walked into Honors Algebra and took her usual seat at the back of the class.  The bell rang and Mrs. Block started to drone; Tracy couldn't tell you what about, she hardly listened anymore.  Distracting thoughts of Lucas swarmed in her head like a hive of bees, stinging over and over.  She kept playing with her hair, a nervous habit, tying it up in a ponytail and then letting it down, over and over again.

 

The bell rang for AP History and Tracy jotted down the homework on the board, resolving to look up today's lesson in the book--she couldn't afford to fall behind.  History was one of the classes she shared with Joey, and she could look forward to friendly, numbing conversation.  Sweet relief.

 

Joey was already in his seat when Tracy swept in, smiling big right at her.  She returned the smile tentatively, exhaustedly.

 

"You look...tired," he grinned as Mr. Morrigan began the lecture about Ancient Egypt.  His golden-brown eyes brightened when she lightly punched him on the arm.

 

"Thanks for kindly saying I look like crap," she groaned, twirling her finger through a strand of her hair.

 

Minutes passed in agonizing slowness, Tracy thought.  School was almost unbearable since she'd started daydreaming through all her conscious moments.  Suddenly, only halfway through the class, she was jerked from her reverie by a shaky voice.

 

"M-M-Mr. Morrigan, can I g-go to the n-nurse?"

 

The speaker was none other than Valerie Thomas, a girl Tracy knew but wasn't friendly with.  Her dark eyes were wide and scared.  One of her hands was tremblingly raised in the air.  The other was clasped over her shock-paled face.

 

It was stained completely red with blood.

 

"Of course," said Mr. Morrigan obliviously.  "Allow me to write you a--"

 

Before he could finish, she'd stood up and bolted out of the classroom, both hands held tight over her nose.  She must have been bleeding like a faucet; blood was oozing between her fingers and streaming to the tile.  Everyone around her now vacant seat looked utterly disgusted.

 

"Ew," Joey muttered, wrinkling his nose.  "What was that about?"



© 2010 Kira


Author's Note

Kira
I know it starts off slow, but bear with me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ewwww, that is gross. What's up with the Valerie chick? Nosebleed? Or...THE EPIDEMIC? =) Why'd I use a smiley face? I dunno. All I know is that this is gonna be a good story. =D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on June 22, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010

1.

By Kira

2.

By Kira

3.

By Kira

4.

By Kira

5.

By Kira

6.

By Kira

7.

By Kira

8.

By Kira

9.

By Kira

10.

By Kira

11.

By Kira

12.

By Kira

13.

By Kira

14.

By Kira

15.

By Kira


Author

Kira
Kira

...



About
i don't know who i am. more..

Writing
unfocused eyes unfocused eyes

A Poem by Kira