Fine China

Fine China

A Poem by Giovanna

You are the fine china.

He held a special spot for you in the cabinet of his heart.

There was a day that a tornado of emotion and mistrust created a tragic disaster.

He threw you on the ground and shattered you into thousands of pieces.

He looked at you and expected you to clean up the pieces but you lay there broken.

Unable to move or say anything, you lay there with heart ache as he replaces you with something more valuable.

Your pieces are thrown out and expected to clean up the mess yourself. You’re expected to restore yourself to the way you were.

Your heart is the fine china that cannot be fixed.

The damage is irreversible, others have tried to help pick up the shattered pieces.

But you will NEVER be the same beautiful piece of work that you were in the past.


© 2019 Giovanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A poem with striking, vivid images. We see the tragedy and lingering wreckage, no matter the aftermath. Fine China is an ideal metaphor. Even repaired, it’s never the same, the fractures always visible... and the weakest points. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
1 Review
Added on May 26, 2019
Last Updated on May 28, 2019

Author

Giovanna
Giovanna

Toronto , Canada



Writing
Fast Pace Fast Pace

A Poem by Giovanna


Day by day Day by day

A Poem by Giovanna


Lost Lost

A Poem by Giovanna