Boost Your Intelligence

Boost Your Intelligence

A Poem by Jonathan P
"

Based on the thought process that has led me down a path of veganism, animal rights activism and ultimately a sense of purpose and happiness.

"

There exists a kind of intelligence that is widely available and little known. It is the highest form of thought that can be attained. You were born with it and you have probably unlearned it to a certain extent, maybe completely, but the good news is that it is learnable. I know this, because I learned it and so can you. To exhibit genuine concern for another is the baseline for this type of intelligence. The ultimate goal is to have that same level of concern for those you will never meet, those that are separated from you by social constructs, by race or by species, by space and especially by time. If you can feel empathy for someone who does not even exist yet or who has existed before you, that is the benchmark of the true capacity of the mind. When you open yourself to the connectedness of the universe across space and time, only then can you find your place as a unique life force that strives for the same basic things as every other life force, near and far, past, future and present. At that moment you can experience the true wonder of existence in a way that few humans likely have. I believe that this is what people are searching for when they look to religion or gurus or self-help books or whatever. You don’t need to go to church or even read a book. Find that thing inside you that has been buried deep in the recesses of your mind, the thing that was stolen from you early in life by the scared and cruel people that had it stolen from them, the compassion that we are all capable of. Look back on all of the times when you’ve lacked compassion and the hurt that it has caused, not to regret the past, but to learn from it. Don’t go asking god for forgiveness. Just do a little better than before and forgive yourself and move on to a brighter happier world.

© 2016 Jonathan P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on November 29, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016

Author

Jonathan P
Jonathan P

Canada



About
I am new to creative writing, and I am hoping to do a lot of it and get better at it. Since I have begun I have noticed how therapeutic it is to get the words out. I have diverse interests, including .. more..

Writing
blue-jay blue-jay

A Poem by Jonathan P