Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cassie Bayne

I can’t see! What is going on? Where’s the light at and what is on my hands and face? I have to find the light switch. Aw there it is. There was blood everywhere! I checked my body and was relieved to discover that it wasn’t my own blood. Although in a way, it made things worse. That meant the blood had to of been coming from somewhere. Where could this much blood be coming from?

Then I saw them. How could I be so stupid! I told them they’d pay but I didn’t want them to pay this way. No this can’t be good. Are they alive?


_______________________________________________________________________________



“Haha throw the ball here!”  Izzy was so excited. How can she enjoy this? It’s so stupid. And how am I possibly friends with this freak? Everyone likes her but I don’t know how. She’s so annoying.

“No, over here!” exclaimed Leo.They all tried catching the ball, pushing and shoving each other out of the way. Along with some others we didn’t know. Who I thought were dressed like they were from the 80’s. Like seriously? Come on, what’s with the big afro?

“You guys knock it off! Seriously. You act like this is serious!” I said.

“Oh come on Bella! Your just jealous because you're not having any fun and because I didn’t want to come with you. Instead I came with Izzy,” Leo said. I can’t believe this! He thinks I like him. Ugh, he’s so pathetic! 

“Eww! Gross! Why would you even say such a thing? I’m sorry that you think everyone likes you. And plus I don’t care you came with Izzy because I think she’s a freak anyway.” 

“What are you talking about I thought we were friends?” Izzy looked hurt and was trying to figure out what was going on.

“Yeah! I thought you guys were like the best of friends. Of all the times I hung out with one of you, the other was right along with you.” Leo looked disgusted. 

“That’s saying something. He always hangs out with us. I can’t believe I trusted you with everything, especially my big secret I’ve never told anyone, not even Leo.”  Izzy was on the verge of crying.

What did I just say? She’s right there! Oh my god, I’m so stupid. I wish I could take it back now. Look at that! Leo is even standing up for her! That’s so pathetic. He’s never liked her either, what is he talking about?

“Come on! You honestly don’t believe him do you? He’s always talking about you and how he doesn’t like you! Ok so I quit liking you. So what?” 

“How long ago did this start? Have you been pretending this whole time? What have I done to make you hate me so much?”

“WHAT have you done! I can’t believe this. You can’t even remember.”

“Now girls why don’t we calm down. Seriously, you guys used to be so good to each other. Why don’t we go to get pizza and talk about this. You guys can explain your side of the story.”

“Yeah whatever. As long as I don’t have to sit by her.” I said. I made a face at Izzy knowing she would see it. Then I smiled at her. I really hope that tweaked her.

Leo really doesn’t know what is coming. Neither does Izzy. Whatever happens, they deserved it.

I was walking down the sidewalk thinking about what had just happened. I didn’t mean to say those things out loud. I really didn’t mind Izzy, it was what she did that made me act like that. How could she do that? She knew that…

Just then I bump into Dixie. What was she doing here. This is weird. Oh wait she works here! That’s right.

“Hey! What’s up?” Boy was I excited to see her!

“Just got off from working. It felt like I was working forever. Ha-ha. So what are you doing walking around town?”

“Well I came to walk around and blow off some steam.”

“You can always talk to me. What’s going on if you don’t mind me asking.”

“Well it’s a really long story.”

“I don’t mind. How about we talk about this over some ice cream?”

“All right. Are you sure you don’t mind?”

“Yeah! Of course I’d do anything for anyone.”

“Well thanks.”

“No problem.”

It’s been a while since I’ve had ice cream. I forgot how great it tastes. I guess that’s because my mom is always trying to keep me from eating sugary stuff and get me to stick to my diet.

“So do you want to start or do you want to finish your ice cream first?” Dixie said. 

Well Dixie really wants to know what happened. How can she be that interested? Oh well I suppose I better just start my story.

“Yeah I’ll start it.”

So I went on explaining what happened. Dixie didn’t ask any questions and let me get through.

“Bella can you tell me the “BIG” secret she has?” Why was this so important to Dixie? I don’t know if I want to tell her. I mean I want to tell her but I don’t think it would be right. Plus I think Izzy might have some very important people upset with her if any of them were to find out.

“I don’t know. It’s kind of important to her. Plus her parents would be really angry.” I think I might tell Dixie just because Izzy made me angry.

“Oh come on I’m not going to tell anyone. Seriously, you can trust me. Pretty please with a cherry on top?!” Now that made me laugh. The way Dixie fluttered her eyelashes. 

“I can’t it’s not right. Yes, we may be fighting but I do have some common sense. I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine.” Boy did she look ticked off. I’m sorry that even if we aren’t talking I’m still a good person. I really didn’t mean to tell her I didn’t like her. I was just so angry at her. But Leo? He didn’t need to get in the middle of it. It was none of his business.

“Why do you look so angry? Why is it such a big deal whether I tell you or not?”

“It’s nothing. Just never mind. I have to go. See you later?”

“Yeah See you later.”

So now Dixie is mad at me to along with Izzy and Leo. How can this day get any worse? Well I guess the only place left to go is home. Ugh I really don’t want to go home.



© 2014 Cassie Bayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What you're doing here -- relying heavily on dialogue -- is precisely right, don't change it. A solid mastery of dialogue can turn a crusty novel into something fresh and fun... just ask Larry Niven! I'll give you a hint... you know those things called dialogue tags, things like "he said," "she shouted," "they chanted solemnly"? Those dialogue tags should never be flowery, but rather short and to the point. If they aren't short, they must be useful for communicating something important. In fact, if it's clear which character is speaking, you can omit them entirely! Good writers do it all the time!

Of course your work needs polish, but frankly I think it's pretty good for someone of your youth. Keep learning about grammar, get nerdy about it! The opportunities you will receive from the knowledge will carry you up!

Thanks for the read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cassie Bayne

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 7, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014


Author

Cassie Bayne
Cassie Bayne

Garnavillo, IA



About
Hey! I'm 14 and I love to write. I also like to ride horses, read, hangout with friends, and cheer. I like to read about anything really. I don't care what people have to say about me. So if you don't.. more..

Writing