Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Forget Me Not
"

Chapter one of Losing Myself.

"
 I remember when I was like you. So careful, so content. I thought I was living, I thought I felt pain. I knew little of the real world outside of my own little paradise that I had created for myself. For me, life was fantastic. My grades were getting back up, I was meeting new people, I had finally gotten a boyfriend, and my life was normal. I wasn't a freak or a nerd like I had been in Randa's Middle.
Things have changed so much since then. The night that changed my life may have been the ruin of me. In order to get you to where I am now, I must start from the beginning.

"Wren?" Alexandra frowned as I stared off towards Mikel, a new student from Russia. He had just recently moved here with his parents for the 'American Dream'. I snapped my attention back to Alexandra and smiled apologetically.
"Sorry, I was a little distracted, Alex..." I put in my locker combination pretty quickly. I felt accomplished at mastering it, since everyone else seemed to have issues with the schools locks. They were old and mostly broken. Maybe I had just gotten a good one. Either way, I was lucky.
"I can tell. Anyway, Shane asked me if I'd go to the movies with him tonight. He said it'd be a double date kind of thing, you know? He's got a friend that he said would be perfect for you. Give you a little excitement in your life, Wren."
I snorted. It was so like Alexandra to want me to have 'fun' in my life. I suppose she and I had two different ideas of fun. "Alex, my life has plenty of excitement. I don't know why I would need some guy to pull me around on his arm to make me feel accomplished."
Alex began her big puppy-dog eyes. Her eyes were big with the lightest blue color I had ever seen. It was hard to say no to her when she pouted out her bottom lip, let alone when she added the big eyes. She'd been my best-friend since I'd moved to this new school. She'd greeted me energetically on the first day. I sighed, accepting my defeat. 'Fine' was all I said, drawing it out to show just how reluctant I was.

Later in the night
I stood in front of the mirror, admiring myself. I had done good with my make-up and hair. My long blonde locks were generally pulled up into a ponytail. Tonight my hair was down, cascading down my back, all the way down to my tail-bone. I had enough make-up on to be noticeable but not too exotic. Instead of a natural pink color for my lipstick, I chose a dark red that helped my tan complexion stand out.
I wasn't quite sure what to wear. But, if Alex was going to drag me out then I may as well look stunning. I skimmed my closet, coming across a black mini-skirt. It was tight and short but not too short. I also found a strapless black shirt with a cute panda on the front. I got dressed, threw on a pair of white pumps and sent a text to Alexandra to tell her I was ready.

Alexandra finally arrived in a black SUV, sitting in the passengers seat. I couldn't see the guy quite clearly but I figured this was her 'Mr. Perfect' of the week. I clambered into the SUV's back seat, next to a man who looked to be in his twenties. I, myself, was only seventeen. He looked to have Hispanic in him, probably 3/4. I could tell he had white in him too, though. He wasn't bad looking but not exactly my type, I knew that Alexandra knew he wasn't. He had a buzz-cut but it was obvious he had brown hair. He had a mustache coming in. I assumed he normally shaved it. 


(FINISHING LATER!)


© 2013 Forget Me Not


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013