Chapter two

Chapter two

A Chapter by ForgottenCommas
"

Espy meets josh and finally talks to the mystery boy in the daycare, after he saves her from Trent.

"
"Oh, my bad" I heard a guy say. A sweet sun tan hand shot out in front of my face. I flinched and closed my eyes; one thing worse than getting hit is seeing it before it happens. I waited for the stinging pain to find my face but it never came.
" Here I'll help you up" he said I opened my eyes studied his hand for a short moment. Slowly I put my hand on his, the warmth gave me a shiver up my arm I could feel the hairs sticking up under my sweater. His hand gripped tightly on mine, I was swiftly on my feet in seconds standing inches from his face.
"Sorry about that I didn't see you there, I am Josh" his voice was flawlessly confident and charming. I blushed as the sweet smell of toothpaste found my nose. I raised my head. He had bright honey-Blond hair that paired fondly with his sunglow skin. It was like looking onto a Australian magazine. 
I couldn't look him in the eyes; they were a warm reddish brown so beautiful. His thick eyelash's batting as the smooth sounds escapes his peach lips, they crinkled into a breath taking smile, he had a small freckle over the left peak of his upper lip. He had a curly lock of hair that fell in front of his forehead. He must have been a jock because he was wearing a football jersey. Number 45.
"And you are?" the smell of toothpaste came over the air again and then I realized he was asking me. "Uh, I am Espy." I said in my small voice. I looked down at are hands, they were still locked together, as soon as I realized this he let go as if it bothered me. "Are you new here, I have never seen you before?" his eyes glowed the feeling of summer as they looked into mine, he was so sincere.
"I am new, today is my first day of school here. I am kind of lost *laugh*." I laughed I cant believe I laughed nervously. *He laughed* "you have a cute laugh Espy" I felt my face getting hot and I knew that I must be redder than Santa clause. "Thanks."
"Here are you books, and schedule.” he said handing me my things. "hey josh, come on!" some boy down the hall shouted "see you in history and Spanish" he patted my right arm, winked and jogged away leaving me breathless. I stood there more, probably two minutes, the halls were empty and I bet I was late to math class already.
I sped walked to math to find that the room door was locked, I had to knock. I knocked softly I didn't want to draw any attention to myself on the first day. But no one answered. I took a step back to prepare my self for what I was going to have to do knock hard and loud. The door swung open. Thank god I stepped back or it would of hit me in the face.
Out stepped seven boys all looked like punks. A teacher was yelling sounded old and overwhelmed "get back in here or your having lunch detections" I was hoping to slip into the classroom before they shut the door but they didn't even see me. One boy yelled back "we're not going to be here long enough for lunch." he and the rest chuckled and closed the door.
Standing here almost invisible shockingly didn't feel weird I have gotten use to this feeling. The feeling of empty space no one see, that's me. As I start my confidence up once again to knock of the math door one boy acknowledged this empty space. "hey who are you" the grungy blond boy said making all the other guys look my way. Instantly I felt like an unimportant office building in a big city of tall strong scary skyscrapers.
 “uh, hi.” I mumbled very unsure. 
 “Who are you?” the blonde boy said leaning his arm against the wall over my head.
 “Espy Gray.” I chirped at command.
  “Hum, interesting.” he lit a cigarette and leaned closer. 
 “leave her alone Trent.” Some guy standing behind the other guys said with pity flowing in his voice. 
 “WOW!, this is not the time for you to be a p***y Calen. Get your head out your a*s.” The blonde boy shouted turning around to face the guy in the back. 
 “I am not being a p***y, look at her she is a young girl and scared.  So just stop.” Calen said stepping closer to the blonde boy. 
 “no she is cute, and willing. Aren’t you baby? Trent said twisting around and putting his hands on my hips, I pushed it away. His hand was rough and cold, nothing like the boy I met earlier. 
  “get your hands off of her. She is not a toy, I am sick of you treating people like toys!” Calen argued twisting his hand in Trent’s shirt pulling him away from me forcefully. I finally saw the face of Calen; he was the boy at the day care. I wonder if he noticed who I am? Is that why he helped me? Does he think Kinsey is mine? My mind was scrambled with questions.
 
 “C’mon Espy.” Calen said walking down the hall. I swiftly fallowed him without a word. Saying thank you would be to cliché at this point.  I could already tell who to stay away from. 
 “Thank you Calen”. I was grateful he cared; I just didn’t know why he cared. 
  “Don’t mention it, I am sick of Trent’s behavior and you were just the last straw.” Calen turned and went upstairs. 
“But aren’t they your friends?” I asked. I couldn’t help it I wanted to know everything about him. 
“Me and Trent go way back, I have known him since I was little and he was littler. We met in the 3rd grade, he always would be bullied because he was so small. I would save him when the kids got violent. Then we became friend, before I knew it he was my best friend.  Has been ever sense.  
 “What happened to the boy who needed saving?” I wanted to know more. 
  “Trent and I were in the 6th grade we went to a wrestling match with his father, and the next week he was working out and said he wants to become a wrestler. His dad was a huge fan of wrestling, so he was proud. In 8th grade his dad passed away. After that Trent began to always work out and became full of himself once his muscles’ started showing. Then he found out you don’t need a high school diploma to become a wrestler.  So he and I started messing around, we skipped a lot of freshman year and didn’t even in roll into sophomore year we ran away from home. We messed up a lot, but Trent still thinks he is going to make it as a wrestler. I am glad he knows what he wants to do but, I don’t and I am sick of the messing around all the time. I want to get serious and focus on what I need, and what my priorities are. I told him to stop being a a*****e and get serious but he just wants to party. He always treats girl disrespectfully and today was the last straw it’s our junior year, it’s time to start growing up. Once I told him that, I became disposable.” As Calen spilled his history to me, I couldn’t help but to be lost in his wintery eyes. They are captivating me. I faded in and out of his words and into the ice storm beneath his skin. His words were thick with pain and painted the story in forgiveness, something only a true friend can feel. He flipped his shaggy hair out of his face and effortlessly smiled. As his pale lips parted to show a very convincing smile, I knew he was in pain. He felt betrayed, and he wasn’t hiding it.
“Espy?” Calen pulled me out of the winter and back in to our time and place, school.
“Uh, yes?” I answered back still lost in the ice.
“Just thought I was boring you with my past, you seemed bored.” He was funny, he could never bore me. His whole complex interested me.
“I am not bored, just listening. I am sorry Trent turned out to be such a jerk.” I was officially lost; being around Calen was like being thrown in a peaceful far away blizzard. A perfect unknown escape. 
“well, are you hungry?” his tummy growled as he clinched it.
“Uh, no. no I am not hungry. Are you?” I lied I am starving. I haven’t eaten since we were at the old house, two days ago.
 “Kind of but, I will live though.” He sighed and looked at his cellphone. “I have a missed call, can you hold on for a sec.” 
“sure.” He walked a few feet away. I could still hear the voice message; it was a young woman’s voice. She sounded upset. “Calen it’s me Lorrean, I just came back from my doctor’s appointment. Its twins.” She paused. “But there is no heartbeat.” She breathed hard and sobbed. “Sunday I have to go in and have a C-section to get them out. I’d like for you to come with me I really need you support and you need to sign some papers.” She sniffled and stopped crying. “I am sorry about the past week, we have to really talk and fix things between us, call me back this time please. You know I love you and you only.”
Calen walked back over to the stairs. A smile flashed upon his face, but I could tell it was fake because a tear trickled down his cheek and onto his chin.
“What’s wrong?” I asked, acting like I didn’t hear the word myself.
  “My.” He coughed and wiped his face. “My ex-girlfriend killed my babies.” He laughed and started to cry. He was hysterical. “again.” He muttered through his tears. I didn’t know what to do, so I slid my arm around him and hugged him.
“You guys can try again, thing like that happens to couples all the time.” I said trying to reassure him. “It’s just bad luck.” He scooted closer and hugged me back, the touch of his frosty skin made the hairs on my arms stand up. 
 “I am mad, not sad. I am happy, not hurt. I want to scream I told you so, not try again.” Calen said spitefully. 
“Why?” I wondered aloud. 
 “I was forced, pressured, and she killed those babies. This is not the first time. She has been pregnant 3 times before and each time she f***s it up. She drinks and has sex with other guy while pregnant then cry’s for weeks when she kills the baby and begs me to give her one more chance to be a mother. I know she will never be a mother, I would be stuck with the baby as she continues to s**t around.” 
“How do you know?” I didn’t want to be mean, but he was so sure about things so serious.
“Trent might be a a*****e but he tells the truth, even if it hurts. He goes to every party to hook up with girls. Lorrean is always there pregnant or not, doing the same s**t. Having sex and drinking. I was once in love with her, head over heels in love.  She was once worth loving, but now she makes me sick. Lorrean has one weakness and that’s the same for every girl. Josh. She cheated on me with him many times, and I am just done. At that moment I snapped out of love with her and now I hate her. She is fake and no longer worth my time.” He was angry, but he stopped crying. he “I wanted to marry her, we dated for 4 years and my family loves her. They think I still want her, but they are blind. I just want to forget her.”
“Oh, wow I am sorry.” I didn’t know what to say, I wanted to help him feel better but there was nothing I can do. “Well, I met Josh he was very nice, and seemed to change from the way you described him. Maybe he changed?”
His face stiffened and his eyes burned in my face. “of course you met Josh, just let me tell you he has not changed, he will never change. Him and Trent are the same, rude to girls and deceiving. Josh is just worst because he makes the girl like him and then once he has her he crushes her. Trent just crushes the girl. Josh thinks he can do whatever he wants because his mommy hides all of his mistakes, under a blanket of lies and money. It works for him every time, just be careful Espy. I would hate to see you get hurt.” His rant was finally over, and I didn’t know what to say.

*Calen P.O.V*
  
 “I’ll watch out, ok?” Espy smiled. Her smile was telling me its ok, but her eyes said she has already fallen into Joshes web. I knew she was just saying she’ll watch out just to cheer me up, and it was working.
“Are you hungry?” I knew I was starving, my stomach kept growling.
“Uh, no. I am not. Are you?” as if she had to ask.
“I’ll live, lunch is in a few hours anyways.” A smiled appeared, I felt like she was relieved.
“Are you sure?” she asked as my stomach let out a cry for food.
“Actually I haven’t eaten since lunch yesterday, I went to bed early. So I think I am going to get food.” 
“okay, I’ll wait here.” She sighed.

  "Calen lets get something to eat, i am hungry now" espy smiled a shy smile. 
  "alright we can leave campus and go to patties diner or we can go to the cafe here and get someting to eat. what do you want?" 
 "I dont knwo its up to you i have never had the food here and i dont know what patties diner severs." I knew she would say somethig like that, she wore her feelings on her face, she was scared of making a decision for her self.    
 "we will go to the diner . ok i think you will like the food there." her face was cold and her eyes dimmed.    
 "I have no money, right now." her tummy growled or maybe it was mine.


© 2012 ForgottenCommas


Author's Note

ForgottenCommas
P.O.V means point of view.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012
Tags: bullies, food, pregnancy


Author

ForgottenCommas
ForgottenCommas

Portland, OR



About
I am seventeen, Writing really became important to me when my grandmother died in 2008, i was 13. ever since that moment Days after feeling the lost of her leaving this world when i sat down and wrote.. more..

Writing