Hot/Cold

Hot/Cold

A Poem by Fran Marie
"

Diamante Form

"

 

           Hot Cold Diamante 


                                 Hot

                          Firey Steamy

                 Sizzling Scorching Smoking

                Summer Heat Frigid Winter

                 Freezing Chilling Snowing

                         Frosty  Icy

                                 Cold

 

 

 

© 2008 Fran Marie


Author's Note

  Fran Marie
Diamante

The diamante consists of seven lines which approximate the shape of a diamond. Rather than counting syllables, in this poem we count words. The word count per line is 1 � 2 � 3 � 4 � 3 � 2 � 1, thus the diamond shape referred to above. You start with one word, and the seventh line is that word�s antonym or synonym, whichever you prefer. The second line contains two adjectives describing the first word. The third line contains three words ending in �-ing� that relate to the first word. In the fourth line comes the transition between the first and last words, with two words describing the first word followed by two describing the last word. The fifth line has three �-ing� words relating to the last word, and the sixth line is two adjectives describing the last word. The last line/word is the antonym/synonym of the first line/word.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... firstly thank you to expose me to such type of write.. secondly its so innovative..one can see summer transforming into winter... well done

Posted 6 Years Ago


  Fran Marie

6 Years Ago

thanks heartspeaks, so much appreciated
Wow, the description was enough to discourage me. And to think, I just write what pops into my head! I like it though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You really have it going on here, Fran. You step up and meet challenge after challenge. I am impressed! I love how you changed the font colors differentiating heat from cold...A Diamante well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very innovative.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW... I got really hot then really, really cold.

I love the formatting.... I love the colors as well..

Greag job!
amy

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like how it's opposite. Hot; cold, steamy; frosty. Great job. It's very interesting to read. Good formatting. Overall just a great poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Definitely a contrasting weather forecast. Its fun I like it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet. I like the color contrast as well. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the comparison poems... i think that it's good poem... i love the color change and I think that you have a good piece here.... Short and to the point... great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

556 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2008
Last Updated on June 23, 2008

Author

  Fran Marie
Fran Marie

Paris, KY



About
object width="480" height="385"> more..

Writing
Noel Noel

A Poem by Fran Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..