Muse

Muse

A Story by Francis Orion
"

100 word story

"
In a strange twist of fate, I found a little inspiration. It wasn't where I usually look, in a song or a book. It wasn't over here, nor was it over there.

It actually found me. There I was looking at the stars above. My mind wandering. When all of sudden, I saw something off in the distance. It was a bit of light. It caught my curious eye. I studied it for a bit. It grew brighter and brighter. It danced across the sky with vibrant shades of fiery velvet. Then it "dawned" on me, what it was. Inspiration!

© 2015 Francis Orion


Author's Note

Francis Orion
This was inspired by a poem shared with me by a loved one, one late starry night.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A piece that has the capability to take the readers beneath the sky that starry night and leave mesmerized..
Inspiring!

PS: I think that in the first line of second stanza you meant 'actually' instead of 'actual'. Could be a typo.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you, and yes! Thanks for catching that.
Jyoti_Ablaze

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
love the word choice and very creative. Well done! This is what its all about. You might like some of the stuff I do.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate you kind words. I will definitely check some out in the morning! :)
This is so true. Ideas come from anything. Everything. I'll admit, I did think of John Travolta in Phenomenon after I read this. We all find our muse(s) all around us. Superbly written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you. This is one of my favorites.
Cute. Excellent metaphor.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
I enjoyed this one. Muses are like that. Never where you expect. The things that inspire us can be the oddest of things. I've been inspired by a parking garage before! It can be like that. Well written! Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you Katie.
A perfect description of inspiration and how it creeps up on you unexpectedly, even when you are staring it in the face. Nicely done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Once again, thank you. I really like this one myself. It is that little extra special to me.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2015
Last Updated on September 27, 2015

Author

Francis Orion
Francis Orion

Capital Region , NY



About
Writing for fun, writing for release, writing for escape. sometimes poetic, sometimes whimsical, sometimes erotic, but always means something to me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..