Lighting Strikes

Lighting Strikes

A Poem by Francis Orion
"

Ode to Seinfeld

"
Pondering, mind open, thoughts a drift, I lay in my bed.

You slowly crawl in and come to shape in my head.

A brilliant flash of genius, a yarn of a tale that starts with this single thread.

To tired to begin it, so I scribble you down instead.

Satisfied, I give myself to slumber knowing tomorrow's writing lie ahead.

Waking from my rest, only to be deceived by what I read.

Surely, my idea was in this scribble, for in my sleep it fled.

Over and over I tried to figure it out, my frustration began to spread.

"Flaming globes of Sigmond" had left me misled.

I guess some ideas are better off unsaid.

© 2015 Francis Orion


Author's Note

Francis Orion
Silly little poem, inspired by the "Flaming Globes of Sigmond" and I'm sure we have all had those moments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How true how true! And thank you for the review! And no I didn't mean for that to rhyme lol

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Haha, thank you and you're welcome:)
I can definitely relate to this! I've written entire stories in my dreams and been incredibly upset in the morning!! Very well written!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much. :)
I can relate this piece to my life. I get caught in the daily rat race of family, work, and all the extracurricular that my "flashes of genius" often are no longer what ends up on the notepad, or recorded to my phone. But, I scribble on... Delightful piece Francis. I'm a sucker for rhymes, so I appreciate your excellent delivery.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed my whimsy.
I really enjoyed reading this! it was funny but true because many a nights ive left myself scribbles only to wake up and assume I was momentarily insane.. the end line was perfect, "I guess some ideas are better off unsaid."

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you A. Marie. I'm glad you can relate!
the moment you had the idea what to write then suddenly a lightning strikes. freezing you in a second until you realize that it's not a good idea to write what you are thinking.

That moment always makes me running out of idea until at the end of the day i had written nothing.

Relatable piece. Nice work Francis

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thanks, it's funny because we all have that moment.
We have indeed all had these moments. Perfectly capturing the confusion of what is thought and written in almost dream, in comparison to its meaning in the broad light of day.
Great write again Francis.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Francis Orion

8 Years Ago

Thank you, I always appreciate your kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on September 24, 2015

Author

Francis Orion
Francis Orion

Capital Region , NY



About
Writing for fun, writing for release, writing for escape. sometimes poetic, sometimes whimsical, sometimes erotic, but always means something to me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..