Heaven

Heaven

A Story by Randomness
"

A story of where I am at in my life right now and the beginning of a new tomorrow.

"

It never felt more like heaven to me. Right here. Right now. Looking out across the distance high upon this mountain.

 

I can see to the edges of the earth as they curve their way around into the depths of the unknown, watching other mountains rise and fall into deep blue lakes, vast dry deserts and cutting off at the beginnings of lush thick forests.

 

Reaching my hands up high I can feel the sky curling around my fingers as the clouds hover just above me. The wind crisp, cool and refreshing whipping around as the tail of my shirt chooses to dance with it.

 

It is in just this moment when the world has become so close to perfect that I couldn’t wish for anything more but to stand here for the rest of my life and feel this good, feel this proud, feel this complete with the dreams of a lifetime unfolding before me.

 

It took a long time to climb this mountain. More than days, more than weeks, more than years, and it all feels like a distant memory now. Because, now I am here. Where I needed to be. Where I should be. Where I always wanted to go.

 

Reaching deep into my pocket, I pull out a handful of trinkets. jewels and gems of sorts that I have held onto through this lifetime. All of them with a specific memory, a specific sentiment that kept me hanging onto them for so many years. Some carried happiness from a past that has long passed me and others the bitter remembrance to days that didn’t go so well and dreams that didn’t come true. Together, they made up my life like pebbles in the sand. Holding them out in front of me I spread my fingers and let them fall away from my hand and I watched them disappear to the earth far below silently saying goodbye to all the things that held me back, that kept me contained.

 

Every breath that I never took, every word that I refused even a whisper, every moment that I stopped to second guess were all moments that were once dreams of tomorrow’s yet to come, only to find them to become the yesterday’s within my past.

 

But, now. Yes now. It couldn’t be any better than this. I have conquered my demons. I have forgiven the unforgiven. I have told the ones that I love that I love them so dearly. I have reached down deep into my heart and let it come pouring out. And, I have, above and beyond everything else, been true to myself. Even when no one believed, I still stayed steady. Even when no one had faith I still pushed on.

 

I couldn’t be any closer to heaven than I am right now. As the wind blows against me, around me and beyond, I just smile. Not only because I made it to the top of this mountain, but because I made it on my own.


Digital Design by Franki Emerson

© 2020 Randomness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! Your writing style is beautiful! The imagery is amazing and really helps me picture the scene. I loved the way you described the hardships the narrator has gone through, but then again you didn't go too deep into it. It allows the reader to know what he/she has overcome, but not get too invested in the unimportant details.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Randomness

3 Years Ago

Thank you for that feedback. That was awesome. :)
bookishmuggle

3 Years Ago

Of course! :)



Reviews

Wow! Your writing style is beautiful! The imagery is amazing and really helps me picture the scene. I loved the way you described the hardships the narrator has gone through, but then again you didn't go too deep into it. It allows the reader to know what he/she has overcome, but not get too invested in the unimportant details.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Randomness

3 Years Ago

Thank you for that feedback. That was awesome. :)
bookishmuggle

3 Years Ago

Of course! :)
This is beautiful, especially on how you described heaven one by one in your paragraphs. Your choices of words even made it better and your writing style was completely and utterly fascinating.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Randomness

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I do really appreciate it. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 29, 2020
Last Updated on August 29, 2020
Tags: heaven, pushing on, living, life

Author

Randomness
Randomness

Las Vegas, NV



About
I'm a photographer, digital designer/artist and micro writer living in Las Vegas. I enjoy the outdoors for nature, mostly beaches and forests. I have more hobbies than a natural person should have and.. more..

Writing
Once More Once More

A Poem by Randomness


More More

A Poem by Randomness