Cycle of Revenge

Cycle of Revenge

A Poem by SweetWriter88
"

This poem is about the cycle of revenge and how people feel like they need to get back at someone. I really hope that you enjoy reading this if you decide to.

"

You hurt me, so I’ll hurt you.
You broke me, so I’ll break you too.
It’s not my fault you waved that person in my face.
It’s your fault for thinking that I could be replaced.

You left me, so I came back.
You killed me so I haunted you right back.
Life is full of give and take.
It’s also full of karma and fate.
So when you die, I’ll be here.

We’ve got a lifetime of suffering left to go.
Because, you know, revenge is just one big circle.
And since you started it, I’ll finish it.
So this isn’t over until I say it is.
Are you ready for it?


© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
A poem that I wrote when I was playing around with ideas. Thanks for reading this poem and please give me feedback because I know it's pretty unrefined.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice poem the feelings are clear and easy to understand,it somehow relate to me,sometimes i feel like revenging then i think twice just to let it go

Posted 8 Years Ago


Interesting feelings coming through this poem, Juliana. I feel the poet is angry and has had his or her pride injured. And in response, (s)he wants to essentially "cut off the nose to spite the face." It's complex because I'm not convinced the poet wants the partner back, just that (s)he wants him punished.

Although I'm not really a poet, I felt something lagged in the middle of the second stanza. Maybe it was the line "It’s also full of karma and fate."? I stumbled over that and it felt incongruous among the rest of the lines, which all carried quick and direct meaning.

I liked the challenge in the last line of the last stanza. This is one person I don't want to mess with. Thanks for sharing this poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Intense. Great job. You message is clear. Its like you were hurt and you want to get them back. Defiantly a good job here. I love it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2016
Last Updated on March 19, 2016
Tags: Cycle, Revenge, Of, FrostyAngel

Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing